• 53 results
coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

Edited By coolarman

Poll How annoying is Game Console Fanboyism (199 votes)

Really fucking annoying 42%
pretty annoying 23%
Eh, Whatever 29%
not really annoying 2%
not annoying at all 5%

With the new announcement of the PS4 I have seen that console fanboyism has sprung up again. Not that it ever went away it just felt that it was kind of silent for a while over the past few years. So I would like to know how annoying is console fanboyism?

• 
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@alexw00d said:

I see way more people shitting on PC gamers and PC gaming in general than I do console fanboyism and pc elitism. Its all pretty dumb to be honest.

I haven't actually noticed this, it always seems like there are more PC fanboys out there to me. My primary platform is PC but I also own a Wii U and PS3 so I'm not really "loyal" to anything.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@twigger89 said:

@alexw00d said:

I see way more people shitting on PC gamers and PC gaming in general than I do console fanboyism and pc elitism. Its all pretty dumb to be honest.

This.

I don't understand where this new found anger toward pc gamers has come from but it's definitely on the rise. I think people are confusing factual statements about pcs (ie technically speaking pcs are the best/most powerful console or pc games generally have a depth through mods and customization that is rarely if ever seen in console games) with elitism (ie people who play games on consoles are ignorant peons who have no sense of taste).

Just because a particular platform is technically better, or has more options, it doesn't mean it's more fun or better overall. I hope people can understand the nuance there and not misconstrue any mention of pc gaming's advantages as elitism.

Yeah, definitely my experience as well.

Aterons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am part of the 'PC gaming master race' and to be honest it's started to annoy me less and less simply because i stopped giving a damn, i gave a damn but the more I read about arguments against PC and see what games get released and announced for consoles the less I give those damns.

Consoles don't have any games that I like, I am not interested in 2 console bad shooters, I'm not interested in action games, fighting games or nintendo games and I honestly see no way in which console release affect me.

The most obvious example would be DLC for Skyrim that came later on PC, but I didn't really give a shit because everything in those DLC you could get with mods months before they were even announced. Other than that most shit I play seems to narrow down every year to a few high skill ceiling shooters that i suck at, a few RTS,GS,TBS, RPG's and sim games.

So, much like people playing games on Smartphones and tablets, I really have nothing against people that are going to buy and be fanboys when it comes to the next gen consoles.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Not quite as annoying as gaming hipsters, but close.

This thread is at least half guilty of trying to act better than "those other guys"

And i guess i'm now acting better than that. Maybe we should all just become gaming monks, take vowels of forum silence and quietly meditate while playing journey or something.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I could care less. Let people like what they like. It has no affect on my personal preferences period.