Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Hello friends,

I recently purchased a 3 month subscription to PS+, which was great throughout but I didn't want it to automatically resubscribe me since I may not have access to a Playstation in the near future; but it did anyway. Any idea how to unsubscribe so I'm not ticked for 18 bucks every 3 months perpetually?

SpiderCabaret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SpiderCabaret

Sign in to your PSN account, then go to Account Management. Under Transaction Management, go to Services List and select PlayStation Plus. If you have more than one entry, the top one should be the most current, select that. It will detail your subscription and at the bottom should be a button saying Cancel Automatic Renewal.

To summarise, PSN > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus: [Period] (Subscription) > Cancel Automatic Renewal

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fire_Of_The_Wind

Under PSN, go to Account Setting > Transaction List > Services List > Playstation+, under subscription you'll find the option to turn auto-renewal off.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Got it, thanks guys. Guess I have 3 more months to play the rest of Outland. RE5 DLC here we go, too bad I already had Dungeon Defenders.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

@SpiderCabaret: On mine, I see my transaction history but there is no unsubscribe button. It just tells me I got charged $17.99 for a three month Playstation Plus subscription and what card it got charged to.

I was able to delete the credit card they charged it to, but I'm not sure if that will stop Sony from charging it again three months from now. I've been searching for how to do this for over an hour and still can't figure it out, this is ridiculous. (My wallet balance is zero, I also changed the option to automatically fund wallet for subscriptions to NO, so that will hopefully do it.)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@MB: I'd like to do this as well just as a backup measure; unfortunately I have absolutely no clue what my account password is (tried all the usual suspects), and while this is generally a minor issue it might become one in the future.

Edit: Fixed this as well

SpiderCabaret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpiderCabaret

@MB: Oh, that's not at all what I see. I'm sorry, I can't help you. I looked at their support pages and it seems like the only ways to cancel are through the console or, failing that, by calling support. I hope you can figure it out without having to do the latter, just for the sake of not having to deal with support.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By nightriff

If you can actually do that from the console than that is great. Cancelling xbox gold was a big pain in the ass a few years back. I just decided to buy cards and do it that way if I really want gold or PS+