How Many Game Consoles Have You Had Broken Down on You?

• 173 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

I had 2 broken Sega genesis, 2 broken PS2's and 4 broken Xbox 360's. My last Xbox broke from playing Super Meat Boy. I remember getting to the stage where your up against that hell boss, and I kept dieing over and over. I died so much that the game glitched out on me and my 360 stopped working. Ever sense I never bought a 360 again and switched to ps3. I've had my ps3 for 3 years now and it never broke down.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

My original Genesis died, although I imagine that I could have figured out a solution with my knowledge of tech today.

I own a 360, so that means I've suffered a massive console failure like everyone else who bought one of the original models.

And finally, my original DS and DS Lite suffered completely broken hinges from regular use within days of one another, which led to me buying a 3DS, which also has a loose hinge.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Bwast

I've had a N64, a Sega Saturn and a 360 break on me.

RustySanderke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By RustySanderke

My 360 was the only console to die on me. I take good care of my stuff, but that wasn't enough for a first run Xbox 360.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morningstar

Only my 360. Every other from the first NES works just fine.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GunstarRed

Three 360's and a PS3. Possibly a Game Boy. My PS1 sometimes doesn't work.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Morrow

None. At some point they were outdated and I stopped using them, but none was ever broken. There was once a Sega Mega Drive and my mother cut it's cables, but otherwise all of my past consoles were left intact.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By billyhoush

Just 1 Xbox 360. I never bothered replacing it. So far so good on PS3 which I hope lasts me for the rest of this gen.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ervonymous

A fattie PS2 stopped reading discs and my first 360 went E74 on me.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

PS2 I had one die on me, and 3 Xbox 360's. No joke... That's it. My launch PS3 still runs like a champ, and some of my other systems as well. 

WildFloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By WildFloyd

Out of everything I've owned the 360's been the only console to break. It was one of the extra heatsink models as well (falcon or something?) that came out after the first set. I've had a number of PC's with problems but that comes with the platform I guess. I feel like overheating consoles and some of the traditional problems PC's have are just going to be part of the future of consoles now.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bell_End

PS1 i had 2 and both eventually needed to be turned upside down to work as the laser dropped down and did not tract the disks anymore.

Dreamcast stopped spinning disks.

2 PS2's with DRe's

360's well i have 4 got to the point where i though fuck it and just decided to sell all my 360 games and put the money towards a PC. i had over 50 so got plenty of cash to build my nice gaming rig.

alot of this could of been my own fault though as they got played a room full of people smoking drugs and often would trip over the cables and the console would crash on the floor. i don't smoke anymore though so my new PC is still clean inside

No Caption Provided
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

Only one 360, and a Dreamcast with a busted laser. All my other consoles have held it together.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jrinswand

Two, and they were both Xbox 360s.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By BleedingStarX

Never had a console break, but my Pokemon Trading Card Game for the GBC stopped displaying the text (which made it impossible to progress through the intro) which I can only assume was down to me playing it so damn much

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AngelN7

Just one Xbox 360.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By falserelic

@Bell_End said:

PS1 i had 2 and both eventually needed to be turned upside down to work as the laser dropped down and did not tract the disks anymore.

Dreamcast stopped spinning disks.

2 PS2's with DRe's

360's well i have 4 got to the point where i though fuck it and just decided to sell all my 360 games and put the money towards a PC. i had over 50 so got plenty of cash to build my nice gaming rig.

alot of this could of been my own fault though as they got played a room full of people smoking drugs and often would trip over the cables and the console would crash on the floor. i don't smoke anymore though so my new PC is still clean inside

No Caption Provided

That does look pretty clean, Good job.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Morrow

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Morrow said:

None. At some point they were outdated and I stopped using them, but none was ever broken. There was once a Sega Mega Drive and my mother cut it's cables, but otherwise all of my past consoles were left intact.

this

Your mother cut your console's cables as well? Wow, and I thought only my mom was a bitch bit eccentric.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cloudenvy

Only one PS2 so far!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By Yummylee

All of my original ''fattie'' sony consoles have eventually broken--ps1, ps2 and my ps3--though the replacement slim versions have lasted me until... well, they're all still going in fact. My first 360 broke within a day, but it was also second hand. My second, brand new 360 has done me proud thus far, but then I've always used my 360 sparingly when compared to the ps3.

As for other older consoles, my Sega Saturn eventually broke down, though it was also second hand given by a relative. What really fucking sucked was how my step-dad repaired it, but then sold it for whatever reason soon after without my consent--nor would I have allowed anyway. Bloody twat.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By sjschmidt93

Hmm, an nes, an n64, 2 ps2s and a ps3.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mtcantor

Never had a console up and up break on me before the ps2. Had two of those go. Also had three xbox 360's break and my first PS3 was DOA out of the box.

positrark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By positrark

First generation PS3 got YLOD a few years ago while playing AC2 so had to replace that with a slim. That's about it.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Orbitz89

Everything was fine up until the Xbox - motherfucking - 360.. I didn't even have problems with my PS2's ( I had the fat one and then later the redesign ) and apparently those were notorious for breaking down. I went from NES to GameCube without a single one breaking down on me.. My GameCube's both still work like new and I play them regularly.

Oh I forgot.. I also owned an Original Xbox a long time ago. 3 of them to be exact because they were American products and therefore built out of the shittiest components possible! I kid. My PC is American and it's pretty good. But seriously, One of those original Xbox's was built so crappy.. If someone who weighed more then 100 pounds walked into the room too hard, the damn thing would shut itself off from the vibrations.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#25  Edited By Kidavenger

My PS2 was the only console to ever die on me, that was after 6 years of hard use as my main DVD player that was going all the time.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By subject2change

1 Genesis and a PS3 YLOD on my 80gig MGS bundle (which was repaired by Sony and still works well).

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By falserelic

Thinking about it if that new Ouya console breaks down within a few weeks I'll laugh.

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Last generation was probably my worst as far as hardware failures. I think I went through two PS2s and two Xboxs. This gen I've gone through one PS3 and one 360.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thatdutchguy

2 360´s got the RROD about 5 times and switched over to pc and ps3 about 2 years ago.

Never gonna buy any console made by microsoft ever again..... really like their controllers though use them for pc games all the time.

gunninkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gunninkr

4 -360's

Thats it.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ducksworth

Only my PS2 so far...which is a shame because it broke down as soon as I was getting back into playing it. I'm trying to find a used one that was kept in good condition but so far I've only seen crap.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By awesomeusername

Won't name handhelds so my 2 fat PS2's and this gen, I'm currently on my third PS3. First one stopped reading discs so I sent it to Sony and they repaired it. Then after a year, it got the YLOD, which was in 2009. I just got a PS3 again on Christmas and the hard drive corrupted last month. When I try to restore it, it gets about 8 hours in and restarts. Need to figure out how to format it on a laptop or buy a new one.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By raviolisumo

My original NES, 3 xbox 360s, 1 Wii, and 1 PS3 have broken down on me.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vexxan

The only console I've ever had breaking down is a 360.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By maginnovision

I only had 1 ps2 (slim, fat never had issues)which the laser stopped reading. I adjusted it and it was fine after. I'd had the thing for about 6 years when that happened so I'm ok with that.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gaminghooligan

3 white xbox 360s went to a PS3, that one borked as well, and now I have the PS3 Slim and the 360 Slim

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By fugie7

just one. My 360 .

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#38  Edited By SMTDante89

If it's just systems that have broken down on me while I was still heavily using them (not ones I quit using after newer consoles came out in which case I don't know if they still work) then it's three. One GameCube and two 360's. The GameCube quit reading discs and I had my 360 RRoD on me twice.

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zenogiasu

My motherfucking Dreamcast--no, two of them, come to think of it. Fuck that shit. Still loved it, though.

Also a fat PS2 and a 360.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Morrow said:

This except I lost a GameBoy to my mom. She didn't break it though...

She wouldn't give it back because she was in love with Tetris.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SmilingPig

2x Atari 2600 (one of witch my father and uncle tried to convert to a portable batteries version)

1x NES

1x portable double dragon handheld

4x PlayStations 2 (Yes 4 fucking times)

2x Xbox 360

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PhantomGardener

Just one so far. My first xbox 360.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NegativeCero

Just one 360 that red ringed on me.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By falserelic

Some of you people had it worse then me.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LiquidSwords

Had a moded PS2 that broke down,seriously missing it. When this went I took a good 3 year break from playing video games.

Not sure if this counts but I received a SNES for Christmas and it never worked. It would glitch all my games. For instance, for Super Mario World it would spawn enemies or bosses in areas that they weren't supposed to be in. Link to the Past was seriously glitched out! I never told my parents :(

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By falserelic

@LiquidSwords said:

Had a moded PS2 that broke down,seriously missing it. When this went I took a good 3 year break from playing video games.

Not sure if this counts but I received a SNES for Christmas and it never worked. It would glitch all my games. For instance, for Super Mario World it would spawn enemies or bosses in areas that they weren't supposed to be in. Link to the Past was seriously glitched out! I never told my parents :(

That must have been weird. If that happen to me I would have been pissed.

gumdealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By gumdealer

Ive had two 360's, one PS2 and a Sega Genesis bite the dust. I was devastated about the Genesis, it was my first console.

yeahimjordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By yeahimjordan

The only system I have had break on me was my 360, which I am on my 9th. I have never paid for any of the replacements, but I shouldnt be on my 9th ANYTHING!

sl4159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By sl4159

My PS2 needs to be clamped to recognize that the disc tray top is closed, but that's as close to broken as any of mine have gotten.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I've had three 360's die for one reason or another, including one Slim about a month ago. I got another one the next day. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.