How's your online gaming services working?

• 154 results
BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BradBrains

playstation seems to be down or barely workable here in Canada. How's everyone else holding on their consoles getting things download, redeemed , or playing on their gaming device of choice?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Steam is fine so I'm good.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony's down for maintenance, apparently.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

PSN being down gives me the opportunity to finish Shadows of Mordor I guess...

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lizard Squad claims to be in the progress of its biggest DDOS attack yet during christmas.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Lizard Squad claims to be in the progress of its biggest DDOS attack yet during christmas.

These people really have nothing better to do than to fuck over a bunch of peoples Christmas's? It's pathetic and childish. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Corevi
@confusedowl said:
@trafalgarlaw said:

These people really have nothing better to do than to fuck over a bunch of peoples Christmas's? It's pathetic and childish. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

It's not something you can just "fix". You have to keep restarting the servers until the attack is over.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@corevi said:
@confusedowl said:
@trafalgarlaw said:

It's not something you can just "fix". You just have to keep restarting the servers until the attack is over.

Okay than, hopefully it starts "working" soon.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Doing a DDOS during christmas probably means you'd rather be behind a PC than spending time with family, assuming you celebrate christmas in the first place. So these script kiddies are not even loved by family, trying to make themselves get noticed by doing such things. It's one thing to do a ddos, which doesn't do lasting damage, but phoning in a bomb threat on a plane carrying a Sony executive deserves a 10 year lock-up from me.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope the hammer of the law gets medieval with these hacker kids.

Not just because they are screwing with gamers, but mostly because doing "hacker attacks" on public services is a despicable practice.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

them again?

Wonder what their fixation is with Sony. They are rumored to be behind the Interview thing as well and then there was that threat earlier this year to one of Sony's execs while he was flying...

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:
@trafalgarlaw said:

them again?

Wonder what their fixation is with Sony. They are rumored to be behind the Interview thing as well and then there was that threat earlier this year to one of Sony's execs while he was flying...

They are nowhere near skilled nor humble enough to behind the Sony Pictures hack. They are just some asshole kids who got a botnet, and if they somehow were behind it they would have bragged about it like they have with everything else.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Maaaaaaaaan, now I'm super bummed. My little nephew got a XB1 for Christmas and I know he was probably flipping around the house with excitement. Well, he just called me and I guess apparently the first time you turn on the system you need to connect to the internet? Either way, he's getting some error message about XBL or something and he sounded heartbreakingly disappointed on the phone and now I'm sad for him.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

@corevi said:

Steam is fine so I'm good.

Same here

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@babychoochoo: Yes because the initial update for Xbox One removes all the online only DRM that was built into the system.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

PSN still down. Bummer, I wanted to buy Hitman Ab-solution on sale.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, still can't connect to PSN on PS4, but I can still go online mode in Persona 4 Golden. I guess I'll just play that.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

People were saying xbox live was down but I've been using Amazon Prime all morning and last night.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox One Live and PSN are down here in the UK.

Oddly, 360 Live still seems to be up and running without any real issues.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternalvigil: Finest squad claims to be responsible for taking down lizard squad a notch and claims to have brought xbl online again. You couldn't make this shit up.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternalvigil: Finest squad claims to be responsible for taking down lizard squad a notch and claims to have brought xbl online again. You couldn't make this shit up.

Goodwill amongst hackers? It's a Christmas miracle!

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't get on Xbox Live now. I can't even sign into my profile to play singleplayer games. I just get an error. It's all busted.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Corevi
@handlas said:

I can't get on Xbox Live now. I can't even sign into my profile to play singleplayer games. I just get an error. It's all busted.

Finally a case where Playstation offline accounts being separate from your PSN is a good thing!

I'm not trying to be elitist or anything, just happy to finally find a reason why they designed it that way.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By mosespippy

I was browsing the Miiverse earlier today so everything seems fine.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By handlas

@corevi said:
@handlas said:

Finally a case where Playstation offline accounts being separate from your PSN is a good thing!

I'm not trying to be elitist or anything, just happy to finally find a reason why they designed it that way.

Well now the odd thing is that I'm connected to Live now but I get a "Sorry we couldn't log you in" error so I can't connect to my profile still. This sucks. It's Christmas I got nothing better to do with my time!

Looking up the problem it just seems that the answer is the servers are down and you have to wait.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: It was a bad thing before? The xbox brand wouldn't have survived their first christmas due to shit like this if they had kept their always-online policy. It's still ridicilous with all those Azure servers they have, 30 million they claimed, they can be taken down with a simple DDOS attack. Not that I'm excusing Sony but Microsoft has the better infrastructure.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XboxLive is down for me. Says it's some kind of Xbox Live Core error (on Xbox One). Haven't tried going online with my 360 yet. Aaaaand I'm from the Midwest, not sure if location has anything to do with it.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
@handlas said:

Acutlaly I just came across a solution. You can go to setting and go to "Go Offline" and then you can sign in and play as normal. Being connected to Live for some reason was making my profile not sign in.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By crithon

actually I was trying to get Netflix or Amazon going for my niece, and PSN buggered everything up.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By UitDeToekomst

i don't give a shit what day of the year it is - stupid holiday that i don't celebrate or not - i have become very tired of these hacker idiots. most portions of humanity are reprehensible on nearly every level, and these people make most other look like altruistic angels.

scottp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm from Toronto and I just wanted to play some Farcry 4 with my buddy who is down in Florida, I guess thats not happening.

HybridMoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't enjoy Origin at all. Also Battlefield 4 as been down all day too.

bombedyermom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These Lizard Assholes ruined christmas morning for my nephew. The kid's face when he turned on his xbox and couldn't actually play it was heart breaking.

Internet douchebagery at it's finest.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is a DDoS is some bottom tier hacker shit that big companies can't yet counteract. You just need a botnet. So when some snotty loser decides he's gonna finally get retweets on twitter by DDoSing PSN and Xbox Live, the big companies cant do a lot. At least make your shit sophisticated enough that only nation state hacker terrorists can get in and not any idiot that wears a trenchcoat to English class.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nintendo Network has been fine all day.

Can't connect to PSN at all, bummer. I guess I'll wait to buy Mordor digitally tomorrow.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing I got a Wii U today.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't log in to PSN so I'll go back to playing Grim Dawn and Warframe on Steam.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't use ps store, what's new section is not working. I figured everyone who got one fir xmas is trying to log in this evening

SirFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can confirm that you can't even use the xbone since you need the first update, it sucks but I can wait a day or two. This would totally suck ass for little kids though, hopefully these services can be brought back online soon and the law can be brought down on these script kiddie dickheads. I do find joy in how pathetic their lives probably are though so at least I have that to make me smile.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Quarters

PS Store is totally down. Ugh.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We should stop hacking each other.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

So what is this, 9-ish hours that PSN is still down? Ridicilous. I'm glad I let my PS+ sub expire just days ago.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'know I don't mind not being able to play online, it's just one day for me and I've got family commitments, but seeing my little cousin unable to enjoy sharing his Disney Infinity stuff online is just all kinds of shitty.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Corevi

@trafalgarlaw: Xbox Live is also down completely (for Xbox One anyway, it apparently works fine on 360).

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Both Xbox Live and PSN are down. Both claimed by those hackers if I'm not mistaken. IGN ran a story on it couple of hours ago.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

They're not hackers, that's giving them too much credit. Just some losers with access to a botnet. We're not even 100% sure that they're responsible.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they stop playing "Grinch" when Christmas Day is over so everyone can enjoy their new gaming gifts.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Master Chief Collection today and wanted to download the multiplayer patch. Guess I'll be waiting. :/