• 73 results
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#51  Edited By AgentJ

I worked at a gamestop for a while, and while I certainly use its services, there are a number of faults with the place. For one, the back room gets very full. So full that it spills over into the bathroom. If you preordered copies of Resident Evil 5, it may have spent time on top of one of the biggest nerd toilet in the world. (coincidently, i found that out from the current manager of my local store today). Also, (this doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever) Gamestop inc doesnt send out display cases to its retail stores, forcing the workers to take brand new game discs out of their cases. Most people don' t like seeing their game cases come off the shelves.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't understand why people hate gamestop so much. They're a business. And you'd never guess what - businesses exist to make money. That's capitalism. People who bash gamestops business practices are bashing capitalism. They should band together and start a communist revolution.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AgentJ
MattyFTM said:
"I don't understand why people hate gamestop so much. They're a business. And you'd never guess what - businesses exist to make money. That's capitalism. People who bash gamestops business practices are bashing capitalism. They should band together and start a communist revolution."
I lolled. but seriously, matts right. If you don't like gamestop, then its pretty simple to not use their services, the same way that America doesn't use Cubas services. Gamestop is able to do what it does because their customers allow them to ignore competitive pricing (then again, part of that is because Gamestop has bought out almost all of their competitors). If you want more money for your used game, then sell it somewhere else. And if you want to buy a used game for cheaper than what Gamestop sells it for, then buy it somewhere else. Theres no reason to hate gamestop though, since it is a convinient place for gamers to get rid of their unwanted games and get something back for them.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By TheHBK

Well I have been to many gamestops and pretty much every experience has sucked.  The fact is that the company/store itself is shit.  The guys working there might be cool, maybe not.  But the store policies, shinkwrapping games that look like they could be new to sell them as new, making it so you get a copy of a game that is open and have to take the case with their damn sticker on it, then you cant even return it cuz its not new any more.  Used games, unless super super cheap, like you say 3 bucks, are always a rip off.  Many times you will see that when a game has gone down in price elsewhere, it has not in the Gamestop.  But like you said, all they are good for is finding shit that you can't at another store.  But when it comes down to it, Best Buy has my back.  They either always have some good stuff on sale or the way you can rack up rewards points, i get a free game every two months.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By AgentJ
TheHBK said:
"Well I have been to many gamestops and pretty much every experience has sucked.  The fact is that the company/store itself is shit.  The guys working there might be cool, maybe not.  But the store policies, shinkwrapping games that look like they could be new to sell them as new, making it so you get a copy of a game that is open and have to take the case with their damn sticker on it, then you cant even return it cuz its not new any more.  Used games, unless super super cheap, like you say 3 bucks, are always a rip off.  Many times you will see that when a game has gone down in price elsewhere, it has not in the Gamestop.  But like you said, all they are good for is finding shit that you can't at another store.  But when it comes down to it, Best Buy has my back.  They either always have some good stuff on sale or the way you can rack up rewards points, i get a free game every two months."
Woah, do you have proof that they re-shrinkwraped a used game? If they did something like that, those are faulty buisness practices. I have a feeling though, that what happened was they gave you a case that sat on the shelf. Corporate doesnt send display cases to its stores, so one of the copies in each game shipment comes out of its case so the case can be used for display. 
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Gamestop is great for reserving or buying a new game but if you are looking for rare or old games it's surely the wrong place.

The people who work the Gamestop I frequent are surly, bitter, and rude so I try to only stop in when my game has been released or I want to put money down on a reserve.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Bullet_Jr said:
"Gamestop is great for reserving or buying a new game but if you are looking for rare or old games it's surely the wrong place.The people who work the Gamestop I frequent are surly, bitter, and rude so I try to only stop in when my game has been released or I want to put money down on a reserve."
Well where else besides ebay can you get old genesis games? 
Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Sushbag

Can't everyone just stop bumping this troll's threads please? So we don't have to see them? Fuck I'm doing so right now aren't I.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Sushbag said:
"Can't everyone just stop bumping this troll's threads please? So we don't have to see them? Fuck I'm doing so right now aren't I."

This is my thread, not yours.
Your the one trollling here my friend.

I don't understand how you could even begin to think I was here.  Because hoenstly, what?
JDM006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By JDM006

I don't have a problem with Gamestop.  However, I do have a love/hate relationship with the reserve a copy practice.  Love it when I have a game on reserve.  Hate it when I don't.  Recently they wouldn't sell me Killzone 2 or Street Fighter 4 on launch date because I didn't have it reserved.  That was frustrating but I understand that they have to honor their commitments to people who reserved the game.  I just drove across the street to Target and bought the games there.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Bullet_Jr
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Bullet_Jr said:
"Gamestop is great for reserving or buying a new game but if you are looking for rare or old games it's surely the wrong place.The people who work the Gamestop I frequent are surly, bitter, and rude so I try to only stop in when my game has been released or I want to put money down on a reserve."
Well where else besides ebay can you get old genesis games?  "
Mom and Pop game stores. There are a few stores in my area that carry older games but most of them are very expensive.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Sushbag said:
"Can't everyone just stop bumping this troll's threads please? So we don't have to see them? Fuck I'm doing so right now aren't I."
I don't really see how this is a troll thread. He's brought up some good points about why GameStop isn't as bad as people keep saying. There is interesting and valid points being raised in reply to it. No-one is bashing anyone else, no flame baiting, but merely stating their opinion on this issue. There's no trolling at all.
SaucySala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By SaucySala

I have to say, I don't understand them not having the right prices for things... I feel like they usually have the best prices on most everything. And I work at a used game/cd/dvd/comic shop.

Also... for people who complain about the amount of cash they get for games... seriously, quit your bitching. These stores have to make profit. If you sell them a game and they pay $50 for it and sell it used for $55.... that's just dumb. Especially if no one buys it until the used price goes down. Then, guess what!? Then they actually lose money on the item.

If you want to receive more money for your items, sell it yourself independently. Any time you go through a third party you are going to be losing money. Simple as that.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AgentJ
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Bullet_Jr said:
Well where else besides ebay can you get old genesis games?  "
If your Gamestop still stocks Genesis games, thats pretty awesome. However, I have to doubt the truth behind this claim, since they have already stopped taking Xbox games nationwide.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By AgentJ
MattyFTM said:
"Sushbag said:
I don't really see how this is a troll thread. He's brought up some good points about why GameStop isn't as bad as people keep saying. There is interesting and valid points being raised in reply to it. No-one is bashing anyone else, no flame baiting, but merely stating their opinion on this issue. There's no trolling at all."
They may be refering to the commonly held opinion that Dark Smug Loser usually creates troll-like posts. Not saying I agree, just putting that out there. 
Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By Mistzero

the employees vary from store to store, people usually gripe about it cause of their terrible buy back deal. theyll buy a used game even if the game was released the day b4 for 25-30 bucks if ur lucky, and turn aroun and put a 55 dollar sticker on it and that leaves ppl ticked off.  personally i rather keep a game i dont like rather than trade it in for a measly amnt of cash back

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AgentJ
Mistzero said:
"the employees vary from store to store, people usually gripe about it cause of their terrible buy back deal. theyll buy a used game even if the game was released the day b4 for 25-30 bucks if ur lucky, and turn aroun and put a 55 dollar sticker on it and that leaves ppl ticked off.  personally i rather keep a game i dont like rather than trade it in for a measly amnt of cash back"
For a game that you've finished, i wouldn't say that 25-30 bucks is really a measly amount. It means that you essentially only payed 30 bucks for a brand new game. However, i do understand what you are saying, and wish that the trade in value was higher.
s3ank1m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By s3ank1m
brettreyu said:
"The problem I have with Gamestop is that its a complete over saturation in the area.  When there is a Gamestop in the mall and then one 100 feet away in the mall parking lot it becomes to much to handle.  There trade in value is ridiculous, they will sell a used game no matter how terrible of shape it is in, and the employees are usually reason enough to leave the store.  That's just my area though, maybe other places are vastly different?Even if the company culture changed for the better I still don't think I can ever support Gamestop after the Xbox 360 release fiasco."
you happen to be talking about puente hills gamestops because there is a gamestop in the mall and one across from it
s3ank1m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By s3ank1m
brettreyu said:
"The problem I have with Gamestop is that its a complete over saturation in the area.  When there is a Gamestop in the mall and then one 100 feet away in the mall parking lot it becomes to much to handle.  There trade in value is ridiculous, they will sell a used game no matter how terrible of shape it is in, and the employees are usually reason enough to leave the store.  That's just my area though, maybe other places are vastly different?Even if the company culture changed for the better I still don't think I can ever support Gamestop after the Xbox 360 release fiasco."
you happen to be talking about puente hills gamestops because there is a gamestop in the mall and one across from it
TheBigBeefy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TheBigBeefy

Hiya people! I happen to agree with SmugDarkLoser. I fancy my GameStop even though it's not perfect. AgentJ has given me a new perspective of trade-in credit.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AgentJ
TheBigBeefy said:
"Hiya people! I happen to agree with SmugDarkLoser. I fancy my GameStop even though it's not perfect. AgentJ has given me a new perspective of trade-in credit."
Glad to be of use.
s3ank1m said:
"brettreyu said:
you happen to be talking about puente hills gamestops because there is a gamestop in the mall and one across from it "
I know exactly what you are talking about. there's a gamestop not too far away from where i live that is kind of in a strip mall, and behind the store is a sort of alley for all the local businesses. Almost directly across that alley is ANOTHER GAMESTOP! it's turning into a starbucks situation!
TheBigBeefy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TheBigBeefy
AgentJ said:
"TheBigBeefy said:
"Hiya people! I happen to agree with SmugDarkLoser. I fancy my GameStop even though it's not perfect. AgentJ has given me a new perspective of trade-in credit."
Glad to be of use.
s3ank1m said:
"brettreyu said:
you happen to be talking about puente hills gamestops because there is a gamestop in the mall and one across from it "
I know exactly what you are talking about. there's a gamestop not too far away from where i live that is kind of in a strip mall, and behind the store is a sort of alley for all the local businesses. Almost directly across that alley is ANOTHER GAMESTOP! it's turning into a starbucks situation!
"
I have 2 GameStops across the street from each other but only because one was once an EBGames. I miss EB :(
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AgentJ

I miss EB along with Funcoland, Software ETC, and all the other companies that Gamestop conglomerated. It's like a one-console war.