I still kind of want this game regardless...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Dante's Inferno still looks interesting enough to me to get. Bare with me because I just got done playing God of War 3 to come on here to ask this and I'm not quite sure how I want to ask it. So, God of War 3. I play that through on the first sitting yesterday, and it wasn't that great going through it. Over all it felt like everything I've played from the previous games, it seemed as significant playing through that as much as playing through Chains of Olympus, and while great (or just good) in spots, it wasn't anything special at all. I wasn't interested in the story, I don't care for Kratos' anger. Finishing Kratos' story wasn't appealing to me any longer.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is this, even though you may or may not like Dante's Inferno, do you think if I were looking for a vulgar game, to the extent a game like Dead Space got to, it'd be good enough to have? When I played the demo, it was really good, the sound was great, the combat was good enough, and as for what I hear, the violence may be over the top, which right now, is what I'm kind of looking for. I feel like the revenge story in this would be more appealing than God of War. Gosh, this isn't exactly how I planned on asking any of this ha ha... Mm, I just want to know if I should get this or not regardless of the bad reviews, and void of your opinion on the actual gameplay.   

I'm simply just ready for something new. I don't mean like, new gameplay, new way of telling the story exactly. I just mean, if you were to put an entirely new cast of characters, new setting, etc. and still have it feel reminiscent to the gameplay of God of War or what have you, is it good enough to get? I don't know about you, but sometimes there are games that you may not like, but you could still recommend it to a friend, or maybe it's the total vice versa. Like, Mass Effect 2, great game, but it doesn't mean you can recommend it to everyone just because it's awesome. 

I like games that are pretty sick, makes you feel like what goes on is just wrong, but in the end everything turns out alright. I've heard how killing those little demon babies are horrible, but for some reason that's the kind of thing I want to do. I mean, I don't have some sick appetite for doing the wrong things. But, when I see things that are messed up, it makes me want to do the right thing. Ya know? And the part where Dante has to go after Satan because he has Beatrice, that just sounds like something to fight for. -sigh- Dang, for all this typing I hope I got my point out. So, is it decent enough? I thought this would have been shorter ha ha. Sorry. 

Oh, plus... Dante's Inferno looks better than God of War 3 :P. Just does now. This is the first time I've probably ever felt like wanting a game even though it didn't get such good reviews.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I loved Dante's Inferno so if you are interested in the concept or gameplay then get it.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By trophyhunter

it aint bad I just beat it last week

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
"I loved Dante's Inferno so if you are interested in the concept or gameplay then get it. "

Thanks, that's pretty much what I wanted to hear ha ha. Good answer. Alright thanks again.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@NTM said:
" @Godlyawesomeguy said:
"I loved Dante's Inferno so if you are interested in the concept or gameplay then get it. "
Thanks, that's pretty much what I wanted to hear ha ha. Good answer. Alright thanks again. "
Are you going to get trials of st. lucia?
RolexDPracer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By RolexDPracer

I think Dante's Inferno gets a bad rap. is it better than God of War? No. But compared to other God of War clones it's pretty damn good. Far from a perfect game, but I had fun with it. I really need to go back and try the St. Lucia DLC.