I think I've found an Achievement cheater...

• 58 results
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I was looking at a friend's party today and noticed an acquaintance of mine from the town we're from was a part of his party. I remember looking at his achievements maybe 2 weeks ago and he was below 10,000, maybe around 8,000? Can't remember the exact number... but I go on today to view his profile and he has 33,050. I am amazed so I go into his achievements and I see that every single game is maxed out for achievements... Games like Guitar Hero World Tour, DJ Hero, Rock Band 2, some Lego games, a lot of NHL games, Mass Effect 1. Some other sports games. Normally I would just think "Wow, this guy must have really been playing a lot lately! Good job on him."... 

But... One game which he 1000/1000'ed really caught my attention. GRAW. 

Now if you don't know, GRAW has 3 achievements which require you to climb to the top of the leaderboards in Single, Multi and Team player games. I'm talking #1 in the world for three different game types. 

Now I am thinking the guy cheated because I know him and he's not really that big of a gamer. There is no way he managed to do this. I have only played GRAW a few times and I know it's one of the hardest achievements attainable on the 360. I just didn't know that cheating on achievements was possible - is it? It seems really fishy to me.

What do you guys think? I'm not sure if I should give you his gamertag to show or not, it's just his achievements and it's open to the public on Xbox.com. Would that be allowed? 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

Maybe he's just that good. Why you gotta sell the man short?

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ObsideonDarman

Yeah, that does sound kinda fishy

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy
@ryanwho: Man, I know this guy. He is not even that big of a gamer. He just plays a lot of NHL '10. I thought what you thought, until I seen the GRAW achievements.
themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By themartyr

I thought I heard somewhere that M$ keep a look out for this sort of stuff, and ban appropriately, the same as inappropriate gamertags. It sounds pretty shady, anyway. I mean, judging by own progress, I'd say that I'd be lucky to find the time to go up by 1,000 a month, let alone 33,000, haha.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArchScabby
No he's cheating.  If all the games are maxed out like that they are cheating, it's how it's done. I'm not sure exactly how, but you connect it to your computer and you choose a game and then you get all the achievements for it.  Especially if he did it in that short a time.
Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By weegieanawrench

20,000 points in 2 weeks? It does seem a little strange sure, but maybe the guy doesn't have a life and plays Xbox games 24/7. On the other hand, those three achievements for GRAW ARE hard to get, I don't know from personal experience, but a friend of mine did tell me that it's hella hard to get 'em.

Dunno man, I mean as long as it isn't interfering with you and your gaming experience, I would just let it blow over.

Edit: I thought I was the second to post, but after reading that you personally know this guy, it would seem that he has cheated.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Alexander

I seem to recall searching for a way to get that achievement in GRAW. It involves a lot of time and a temporary silver account or two. 

I guess that's cheating, but I wouldn't take issue with someone doing that when they made such a ridiculous achievement.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By sopranosfan

I don't understand the point in cheating to get achievements or to the top of a leaderboard.  You didn't accomplish anything.

Somadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10  Edited By Somadude

Dang, are numbers really that important?
aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By aaox
@Somadude: Numbers are the most important thing a man can own. Except maybe pride.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#12  Edited By Vinchenzo

The way you get those achievements is by getting a bunch of temporary accounts (Gold 1 months, basically) and I guess use those as stepping stones? Regardless, it takes weeks, if not months. If you think he doesn't play that much, or did this over time, then maybe you'll want to report him.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By K0rN

He's def cheating anyone would be lucky to get one of those 3 achievements let alone all of them. Plus I know from personal experience, I cheated to get a shit load of gamerscore once....... Then I had to buy a new 360.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By DanielJW

Report him to the proper authorities.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Jimbo

Call the police.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xyzygy

Just for reference, here are the games he's completed: 

NHL 10 
Madden 10 
Gears of War 
DJ Hero 
L4D 
L4D2 
Lego Indiana Jones 
Kung Fu Panda 
Prizefighter 
GRAW 
Mass Effect 
GH: World Tour 
3 on 3 NHL 
Guitar Hero Metallica 
Rock Band 2 
NFS Carbon 
NBA Live 10 
MW2 (On his profile it says that the last time he played it was Nov. 12, the game came out the 13th didn't it?) 
WaW 
NHL 09 
NHL 08 
UFC 2009 
MLB 2K9 
NGA Live 09 
MLB 2K8 
Tiger Woods 09 
Monopoly 
Winter Sports 2 
MLB 2K7 
NHL 07 
NBA Live 08 
Test Drive Unlimited 
NBA Live 07 

A Lot of games to 1000 in 2-3 weeks. The dates are very suspicious too. 

I don't really care it's just that, well, I like getting my achievements and to see someone getting achievements by cheating is really dumb and doesn't make any sense to me. The reason I get my achievements is because they make the games longer, gives them something to work for besides the main storyline... but when you cheat, what's the point? E-peen length? 

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArchScabby
@Aaox said:
" @Somadude: Numbers are the most important thing a man can own. Except maybe pride. "
Or a golden banana
K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By K0rN
@xyzygy said:
" Just for reference, here are the games he's completed:  NHL 10 Madden 10 Gears of War DJ Hero L4D L4D2 Lego Indiana Jones Kung Fu Panda Prizefighter GRAW Mass Effect GH: World Tour 3 on 3 NHL Guitar Hero Metallica Rock Band 2 NFS Carbon NBA Live 10 MW2 (On his profile it says that the last time he played it was Nov. 12, the game came out the 13th didn't it?) WaW NHL 09 NHL 08 UFC 2009 MLB 2K9 NGA Live 09 MLB 2K8 Tiger Woods 09 Monopoly Winter Sports 2 MLB 2K7 NHL 07 NBA Live 08 Test Drive Unlimited NBA Live 07  A Lot of games to 1000 in 2-3 weeks. The dates are very suspicious too.  I don't really care it's just that, well, I like getting my achievements and to see someone getting achievements by cheating is really dumb and doesn't make any sense to me. The reason I get my achievements is because they make the games longer, gives them something to work for besides the main storyline... but when you cheat, what's the point? E-peen length?  "
MW2 came out on the 10th
NynJah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NynJah

cheating on achievements is relatively easy, anyone can do it. @themartyr said:

" I thought I heard somewhere that M$ keep a look out for this sort of stuff, and ban appropriately, the same as inappropriate gamertags. It sounds pretty shady, anyway. I mean, judging by own progress, I'd say that I'd be lucky to find the time to go up by 1,000 a month, let alone 33,000, haha. "
Microsoft doesn't do a thing. Since last month, a large number of people have passed 500K, which is humanly impossible. As long as Microsoft gets their subscription fee, they don't care.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xyzygy
@K0rN: Even still, 2 days to get all the achievements in MW2. Is that possible?
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrKlorox

I don't even have 10k and I play videogames all fuckin day. Albeit most aren't on 360.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@xyzygy: Hmm... seems pretty damn fishy to me. I mean, when i was reading and saw all the achievements for Guitar Hero and Lego games, i thought "Ah, he's probably just good at them". Then i see GRAW, and think, wait a second........

However i think it's possible to get all MW2 achievements in 2 days. I got all the Single player and half the Coop the second day after the game came out. Still missing 5.
K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By K0rN
@xyzygy said:
" @K0rN: Even still, 2 days to get all the achievements in MW2. Is that possible? "
I don't know, it sounds pretty unlikely though.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rayfield

Sounds dodgy as hell to me. 

I've seen gamertags that have 1000 points for every game in their collection (including stuff like Shrek 3) and I've wondered "Man, are you like in a bunker somewhere with an IV drop getting these points?". Perhaps I was a little naive. 

Cheating to get achievements is the dumbest thing ever.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By bubahula

he is very clearly in some illicit shit

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Afroman269

No Caption Provided
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Diamond

How is there even any doubt?  He obviously cheated if he got all those in as little time as you say.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By KingBroly

Why not just check what dates he earned those GRAW achievements?

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ZenaxPure
@K0rN said:
" @xyzygy said:
" @K0rN: Even still, 2 days to get all the achievements in MW2. Is that possible? "
I don't know, it sounds pretty unlikely though. "
Honestly, MW2 achievements are easy. If you actually tried you could probably get them all in 2 days. Either way, guy totally looks like a cheater... I will never understand the mentality behind cheating achievements, it is completely the opposite reason of why they exist.
DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By DarkGamerOO7
@weegieanawrench said:
" 20,000 points in 2 weeks? It does seem a little strange sure, but maybe the guy doesn't have a life and plays Xbox games 24/7. On the other hand, those three achievements for GRAW ARE hard to get, I don't know from personal experience, but a friend of mine did tell me that it's hella hard to get 'em.  Dunno man, I mean as long as it isn't interfering with you and your gaming experience, I would just let it blow over.  Edit: I thought I was the second to post, but after reading that you personally know this guy, it would seem that he has cheated. "
Does anyone even play GRAW now that he could even play online?
Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rebirth1337
@ArchScabby said:
" No he's cheating.  If all the games are maxed out like that they are cheating, it's how it's done. I'm not sure exactly how, but you connect it to your computer and you choose a game and then you get all the achievements for it.  Especially if he did it in that short a time. "
I have a friend who pretty much maxes all games out and I know for a fact he doesn't hack..
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iam3green

sounds kind of fishy. getting a couple thousand achievements in two weeks.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Spike94
@ArchScabby said:
" @Aaox said:
" @Somadude: Numbers are the most important thing a man can own. Except maybe pride. "
Or a golden banana "

Or two golden bananas. Should you forget to savor the first, WHABAM! You have another, and God has been merciful on your failure of flavor management. 

Also, I'm no 360er, but sure. Sounds like a cheat. *spits in a bucket*
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince
@xyzygy said:
It wasn't THAT difficult. For MW2 anyways.
frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By frankxiv

it could be possible if he had like no life and no job i guess, maybe he had a lot of graw done to begin with and there's so few people playing it's an easy climb to the top of the leaderboards?

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ShadowKiller

I have a guy on my friends list that did the same thing and he willingly admits it. From what I understand it's not hard to do at all.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CL60

Do you wanna go beat him up?

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GunnBjorn

Yeah, let's smear this guy with tar and feathers and publicly discredit him in a parade!
ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ToxicFruit

He should be hanged !

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ravenousrattler

yeah unless he looks like hes about to die from exhaustion, theres no way he got 1000's in all those games in 2-3 weeks legitimately.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Stang

Better question is....who honestly gives a shit? Who cares if he artificially boosts a meaningless number?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ineedaname
@Stang said:
" Better question is....who honestly gives a shit? Who cares if he artificially boosts a meaningless number? "
His e-penis cares Stang. That's who.
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stang
@Ineedaname said:
" @Stang said:
" Better question is....who honestly gives a shit? Who cares if he artificially boosts a meaningless number? "
His e-penis cares Stang. That's who. "
Haha, good point. I care about my real peen being liked, so I don't quite understand the fascintation about having 14 million gamer points. Can somebody please explain to me what truly is the significance of having all these points? Is Ineedaname on the ball and it is just about e-cred? If so, I just can't relate. For some reason I don't think the the hot blond that lives next door gives 2 shits about how somebody 1000/1000 the latest fps.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By xyzygy
@CL60: Let's go to Cape Breton and beat'em up! 

@Stang: It doesn't affect me at all because I don't talk to this guy anymore (although this guy's mom is my family's maid :P) but I don't see why he would want to do this. I guess it's just because I see achievements as a way to lengthen a game's replayability. For instance, if there weren't achievements to get 3 different characters to level 20 in Dragon Age, I probably wouldn't have done it - but I did and I had fun along the way. I like to be a completionist when it comes to that stuff, but him doing this is just kind of lame and doesn't make any sense.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By breadfan

Find something better to worry about.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#47  Edited By sjschmidt93
@xyzygy said:

" Just for reference, here are the games he's completed:    

NBA Live 07

Isn't that the one that's requires 1000 players online? 

If I was you, I'd ask him for his secret. =)
Buttes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Buttes

I don't think some of you comprehend the gravity of this situation. This is no joke.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By captain_clayman

where's the sense in fake achievements?

the only thing they're worth in the first place is bragging rights, and you don't have the right to brag if you're a stupid cheater!

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rayfield
@Toxic said:
"He should be hanged ! "

LOL