I wish'd Dante's Inferno looked like the trailer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

It has a great art style and animation and the heat shimmer effect looks great, reminds me of Okami and all them art types of games. I just wonder why doesn't the game look like the trailer? The in game screenshots I've seen are early but it is clear they are going for more of a conventional look which is a shame.

I wish'd the game looked all hand drawn and Okami, sorta like it was dreamt up, fantasy or sureal like this:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2807/untitleddj1.jpg

Rather than boring and bland and more game like, it just looks generic and real and doesn't feel like hell to me. Why should hell look conventional and why shouldn't the game look like that trailer which is obviously the video. Games have down hand drawn art before like it was done with water colours and all that. I just look at this picture and am disappointed that it looks so meh....

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/256/95536720090224screen003uc5.jpg

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

Well it is early, but I completely agree.  Looks technically and artistically mediocre.  I don't think the graphics will change radically from where they are now, but if they did, that'd be a good thing.

Is this game going to be multiplatform on PS2, Wii, PSP and other platforms on that level?  Could be the assets are being designed more for the low end.  Certainly looks that way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

I think it is just PS3, PC and 360.

I saw that teaser and while I didn't like the art style of the mouths, because they looked cartoony compared to the rest of it, I liked the art of the game. I was really hoping for it to look like that because it just had such a hell like atmosphere but then I saw the in game footage and it just looked mediocre and not like hell at all but just like God of War or Dragon Age or something... generic.

I was hoping for the more drawn, water coloured style where everything flowed like it was being painted at a million mph infront of you.