IF you were going to make a Video Game. What would be your story?

• 66 results
InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By InKtOiD

I've always been curious to know if people were as interested in the lore of Video Games as I was so now I'm hoping for a more direct approach. If you were going to create a game, what would be the premise ofi t? I think another fun thing would be to see if people can actually point at what games they mirror.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

It'd be like Metal Gear Solid, only it's me vs. Satan Claus.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By davidwitten22

It's in a different world that's really similar to 1950s Chicago, only technology is seriously behind. The game starts with only a sword and bow and arrow, but by the end the main character is using energy weapons and future shit over the course of a few months. 

Video games!

DDhanez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DDhanez

The star Sirius B is dying. Something has accelerated its fusion and gradually the core is turning to iron. When this happens it will explode, go nova. On Earth, Sirius B's avatar, Starheart, is suffering as well. It is losing control, and preparing to go nova as well. If it does, much of Earth will be destroyed.

Someone needs to help the star. The mission: Fix Sirius B. Save the Starheart. But even if this can be accomplished there is one more hurdle standing in the way. Not everyone wants the star to be saved. If it dies, goes nova, Starheart has something that many very much want, regardless of the cost in human lives. Starheart's armor is made of Solorium, able to withstand the greatest heat and pressure. It would be left after Starheart was gone. Now: time is of the essence

I want it to be like Mass Effect 2 

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aetos

It would be a shooter set in modern era with fun online. It will sell millions.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Ace829

It's only a one sentence summary, but I would like to make mine a political struggle in a poor country (a medieval-steampunk setting, not too sure yet). The main character is a farmer who disagrees with the methods of both the ruling class and the rebellion forces, but is caught up in the struggle anyway. In the midst of this civil war, the farmer will try to survive after his crops and farm are burnt down. It's something I thought up of just yesterday, but I'm thinking of expanding on it.

But I could always take the easy way and have the story be a badass space marine named John who was the alien he was trying to kill and then turned into a zombie.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By chstupid

President FIGHT! All of the US presidents come to fight to see who is the best president. The final boss will be Nixon.  
tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By tariqari

A game where you could do anything but really nothing at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be a fighting game/rpg some how. 

Edit: Story would be pretty much be Enter The Dragon.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Belonpopo

A tale of sweet revenge.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jack268

War. War never changes.  

toast_burner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toast_burner

Try to steal me idea's are ye?

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By s10129107
@chstupid said:
" President FIGHT! All of the US presidents come to fight to see who is the best president. The final boss will be Nixon.   "
what would be Bill Clinton's Special move?
Soulglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Soulglove

I Am making a game, but I guess you will have to wait and see what the story is when we're done.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Quacktastic

A JRPG spoof where you play as the bad guy trying to follow the confusing plot so he can find whatever macguffin he needs to kill everyone, while a group of 15 year old heroes with goofy clothes are always a step behind.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RVonE

It would be a character action game in which the worlds of the major religious texts are converging and colliding.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

An adventure game that mixes the game mechanics of a BioWare game and Heavy Rain, with a presentational style of a Silent Hill.

Imagine pass/fail story branching, decision points and dialogue trees, as you progress through an increasingly supernatural detective story, with a subtext of Nietzschean amoral 'superman' philosophy and the ethics of instrumentality.  Your Commander Shepard is closer to a Lovecraftian-style investigator, and your Illusive Man is a mysterious, dispassionate figure who knows more (or everything) about the inexplicable things going on, and doesn't believe in any morality that hinders his unknown goals.

edit: I'm actually trying to write this game.  It started as a story setup for a tabletop game I never got to run.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By chstupid
@s10129107 said:
" @chstupid said:
" President FIGHT! All of the US presidents come to fight to see who is the best president. The final boss will be Nixon.   "
what would be Bill Clinton's Special move? "

Zipping up his pants and apologizing.
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Think Lost Planet but in mud.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RVonE
@Lemoncookie01: Mud? Don't you think there are enough brown games already?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Let's just say it would involve Lincoln and the brain of John Wilkes-Booth.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lemoncookie01
@RVonE:there can never be enough brown games.
RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RVonE
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" @RVonE:there can never be enough brown games. "
lol, fair enough :)
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Pie

Imagine deadly premonition but without murders, paranormal stuff and weird FBI agents, 
Your just a dude in a town who has a job (you choose) and likes going down the pub everynight. 
Every character is extremely developed and has there own problems that you can choose to help with or not (im thinking of problems on the level of tv sitcoms). 
Every aspect of the town can be changed not directly by you but by how you act and how that affects other characters and areas. 
You can do anything you want in the town but normal video game like stuff such as murdering dudes is really hard to do kinda like real life (A smallish isolated town where everyone knows everyone and nobody travels there would be a hard place to kill everybody in). 
You get the idea 

Id also like a JRPG made by a collaboration of telltale and good adventure story writers and the dudes behind Persona which would be a sort of spoof of JRPG's 

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Teaspoon83

I'm not going to share my design ideas only because things I thought of as a child turned into popular franchises! The Sims! That was my idea! I had it when I was like... 10 years old! Damn you Will Wright! 

But seriously, not sharing. Lol.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CaptainObvious

Optimus Prime and Batman team up to fight Joker and Megatron.

elbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By elbon

"Monkey Knive Fight" nuff said

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By damswedon

A game set before Alien Resurrection that tells the story of Annalee Call and her ability to escape the recall.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By MooseyMcMan

The year is 2003. The main character is an ex-special forces operative named Franco Himmelstoss. Currently working as a private eye, he travels the world solving crimes and kicking a**. Meanwhile, he must battle the horrors of his past, which take the form of horrid hallucinations about lizard-clown men. Meanwhile, he's being hunted down by Russian agents because of his work for the US gov't. Aliens also get involved at one point, though it is unclear as to whether they are friendly or not. 

The gameplay would be one part Metal Gear Solid (stealth), one part Gears of War (for the action sequences), and one part Shenmue (investigating and whatnot). The story would span several continents, and include locations like Boston and Moscow, both of which would be recreated as much as possible.  

Also, the game would be fairly comedic, and have lots of political satire. And a talking penguin that only Franco can see and serves as a narrator/sidekick for Franco. 

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By bonbolapti

A puzzle game about collecting Shopping carts.

SuperBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SuperBuster

At first glance it would be an open-world fantasy game like WoW or Oblivion but as the player explores the world the player finds out that the gods ruling the planet and various supernatural entities are actually different groups of aliens and their planet is being slowly harvested and the only weapon the player has against the invaders is magic.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ryanwho

Three word premise. 
Sea monster fishing.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#33  Edited By Icemael

You're a cook. A malicious dude steals your delicious meringue lemon tart. He plans to reverse engineer it and start mass producing tarts, making hella good money. You don't want that to happen, because factory-made tarts have no "heart".

That's it.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Organicalistic_

A game where you play as a tree, and that is it, you can move, but only slightly, it would be a videogame adaptation of the giving tree, without the dumbass kid, in the end of the game you would be killed by a man that cuts you down, most of your life you will spend dropping your acorns onto those who piss on you... have fun..

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By s10129107

It's October 2011 and you wake up as Nostradamus.  Realizing your prophecy's are a complete fabrication you set out to create as much devastation as you can in the world before New Years day.  If you succeed you will have realized your prophecies and go down in history as a god.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ryanwho

I watch that TV show for 20 seasons.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#37  Edited By JJWeatherman
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#38  Edited By Icemael
@organicalistic_ said:
" A game where you play as a tree, and that is it, you can move, but only slightly, it would be a videogame adaptation of the giving tree, without the dumbass kid, in the end of the game you would be killed by a man that cuts you down, most of your life you will spend dropping your acorns onto those who piss on you... have fun.. "
The indie community would eat that up. 

"It's so... deep, man. So emotional. Not like those corporate money-machines where you shoot dudes in the face -- you're just a tree and you're, like, hanging out and stuff. What do you mean, 'that's stupid'?"

"I cried when the man cut the tree down." 

"The acorns are metaphors for atom bombs."
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By mikemcn

Open World Swat Team Sim.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jonnyboy

Post apocalyptic Space Marines vs Zombies. Obviously.

InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By InKtOiD

I honestly love what I've started here and I've almost pissed myself twice laughing at some of these.
Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheCreamFilling

You're a dude, here's a gun, go shoot those other dudes! But then, OH NO! Aliens! GotY right there.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By mosdl

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (advanture game) and Shadow Complex - side scrolling action adventure game with dialog trees, etc.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pinworm45

A game where you play as a genetically improved human who leads an army of space marines against aliens that want to kill humanity and take over earth.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#45  Edited By beargirl1

ayane fighting zombies in space

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sil3n7

Cue bad fan fiction.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By stonyman65

Mine would be something along the lines of Deus Ex - Government conspiracy, post apocalyptic future, cyber punk attitude.   yeah, something like that.

Avatar image for mercurycrusader
MercuryCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MercuryCrusader
DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By DizzyMedal

I always wanted to make a game that was set in a sort of Diabloish world where an evil wizard (wizards are evil, yo) has summoned and is maintaining 999 demonic beings. 

You would make your way from town to town (on a fairly linear path, like really linear)  on your way to the evil wizard and you can either kill or avoid the demons. However the more demons you kill, the more power EW (wizard) regains as he no longer has to syphon any off to keep them here. 

Basically if you kill them all, it leads to an epic final confrontation where you and him are totally maxed out, but if you don't, both you and the EW are relatively weak for the final battle and it's more of a desperate struggle in a different sense. 

Also the game was supposed to have a big glossy book with it that told the backstories of the bad guys with pictures and random, totally useless trivia. 

I could never decide if I was going to call it 'Legion' or 'Guantlet' though.

dr_pineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dr_pineapple

I would make a 4 player co op super hero game with the customization of City of Heroes