I'm a 360 fanboy starting to really think PS3? WTF???

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dr_Cash

I have 2 360's and a launch 60gig PS3. And I have always said PS3 and Sony have under delivered bigtime. And yes they have.

But now more and more I think Sony really is in this for the long haul. Clearly Blu-Ray is starting to show it's worth. I do not beleive all the mumbo jumbo about games not be able to be done on each system. I know that the 360 GPU can easilt run PS3 games and it's exclusives. The problem is they can not simply becuase that ugly DVD thing is really starting to rear it's ugly head on 360. Thus is why they can not do games like Killzone and Uncharted the games are just to big. Oh and MGS4. There is only so much compression that MS can do and yes I commend them for having such good compression tech but now it really is at it's limit.

The big issue is MS will surly launch the 720 first agin just becuase they have to basicly. They know in another 2 years the 360 will be so long in the tooth in regards as to trying to keep up with developers wanting to create much bigger games. And that DVD thing is just a nasty problem that developers will grow very tired of.

Now of course the economy will help MS with this bigtime it will piss developers off something fearce they will be forced to water down there games just so they can multiplat for 360. When they truly want to make a huge masterpeice for the blu-ray beast PS3. So this could really change everything.

Another thing is the PS3 really could go down as the would of should of could of but did not system. And Sony's PS3 really could of been the true 10 year life span system but they get forced to launch a PS4 premature once again to not let MS once again kick there butts.

Here is the kicker MS is making this 720 or whatever they call it a complete backward system that is supposidly going to make 360 games look better and all kinds of neet stuff. If they pull this off this is very smart and will proove once again MS can continue to kick Sony's butt. I think MS is developing this tech for the exact reason to say to the consumer yes we need to launch a new system 720 and yes keep all your great 360 games becuase they will have better draw distance and graphics and developers will continue to add content for these games.

All in all I think now it is more clear that the PS3 could of really been the true long lasting system but may never get realized becuase of MS forcing Sony's hand once again.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

Why are there so many new users making threads all of a sudden?

Anyway, yes get a PS3 it is well worth it.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dr_Cash
Snail said:
"Why are there so many new users making threads all of a sudden?

Hello did you not read I said I have a launch PS3.
"

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kratos81

I have owned both for a while now. The 360 always seems to get more play time, but The ps3 makes up for it with bluray. I think so far the ps3 exclusives have sucked for the most part. The only one that I have really enjoyed is uncharted. Mgs4 is one of the most overrated games I have ever played, same goes for LBP. Hell I would have bought a ps3 for gow3 alone. gow is one of my favorite series. For some reason Im not looking forward to kz2 very much but will be buying it on release day anyways.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dr_Cash

Yeah I'm the same I play my 360 much more. But I do see more and more how developers really with they can focus on blu-ray.

Take a game like Mass Effect. Man I love that game. But I bet Bioware knows they could do so much if they had it for only PS3 and use blu-ray man they could really make games like that incredible with the added space. Becuase a problem with a game like that is if they do it on 2-3 disks sometimes you may have to go back  didferent locations and they may have problems were they would have to always swap a disk back out to go back to a certin moon or something.

I think they already said this is an issue with SO4

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zityz

Dude. Can I borrow your Dellorian? I need to invest some stock in a few companies.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dr_Cash
zityz said:
"Dude. Can I borrow your Dellorian? I need to invest some stock in a few companies."

I have my flux capasitor hooked up to my ford pinto. I do not beleive in going into the future in style. It's better to time travlel like a scrub
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru

I don't see how "the DVD thing" is a nasty problem. If a developer's game is that lengthy, they can just put it on multiple discs. And really, complaining about having to get up and change a disc is rather silly. The one case I can think of would be a user who blogged about multiple discs for a game that required you to insert a different disc if you had to go back to a previous location, which would be very annoying, but that seems to a be a minor case. Most games that have been multiple discs have not required you to backtrack so it really hasn't been a problem.

A 10-year life cycle does not mean that it will take 10 years before a new system launches. It simply means the PS3 will be in production for 10 years. The PS1 was in production for 10 years, the PS2 will be in production for 10 years. It is not an indication of when the next system will launch.

Microsoft needs to make the next Xbox compatible with 360 games because of all the hardware failures. If people would have to bring out their 360s to play 360 games in the future, and they had a hardware failure, they would not be able to get it fixed free (if their warranty had gone) and that would enrage a lot of consumers.

I agree that Sony had to rush the release of the PS3 to compete with Microsoft. The PS3 would have been a better console right off the bat if they could have waited, but business is business. I think the PS3 will fair quite well by the end of this generation, even if they still are in last place. Just because a console is in last place doesn't mean they're doing badly.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dr_Cash

Yes I know most games are fine on DVD. And yes only a few may have to have you swap dissk to back track. And yes I exercise so I can get my ass off the sofa if needed.

My point is!!! Games like Killzone and maybe some others on the way seem to require more space for being able to add better lighting and not use same textures and stuff were as you may have to see developers cut back and trim the fat for some 360 games.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax

Microsoft was very smart in not putting Blu-Ray in the 360. If they did, they would be charging consumers more money for something they don't really need.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Drebin_893

Wow, you weren't paying attention at all, were you?

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By KamasamaK
brukaoru said:
"I don't see how "the DVD thing" is a nasty problem. If a developer's game is that lengthy, they can just put it on multiple discs."
If John Carmack is to be believed, then it is a nasty problem that multiple discs have increased royalty costs on the Xbox 360. Other multi-disc problems that can occur for nonlinear games seem like they could be solvable with installs, though that means a hard drive is required. Backtracking is not even the worst case that can arise.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Diamond

I don't really see the point of a thread like this if you already own both.  I own both and enjoy both.  I prefer the 360 but why make a kind of ranty thread about it?

Regarding bluray, I don't think it's terribly relevant for games.  Orange Box on 360 has Half Life 2, E1, E2, Portal and TF2 all on a single disk and the game is only about 4.8GB installed so there's more than enough to expand.  Far Cry 2 is also like 4GB.

Bluray allows developers to put substantially more HD FMV content on a disk, but other than those cases it's rare that a developer can even fill up a DVD with content.  Cases like Rage are rare, instead of creating traditional texture files, Rage makes all outdoor environments textures into one massive file, so each texel on the ground can be completely unique.

I think in the future, if game content continues to get bigger (and doesn't stagnate or shrink for one reason or another), there will be good reasons to have more storage space available, but in this generation it's not a huge deal.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By brukaoru
Kamasama said:
"If John Carmack is to be believed, then it is a nasty problem that multiple discs have increased royalty costs on the Xbox 360. Other multi-disc problems that can occur for nonlinear games seem like they could be solvable with installs, though that means a hard drive is required. Backtracking is not even the worst case that can arise."
Aah, I didn't really think of the royalty issues. I always thought the manufacturing of multiple discs was a very small expense. And I do trust Carmack. Good point.

Dr_Cash said:
"My point is!!! Games like Killzone and maybe some others on the way seem to require more space for being able to add better lighting and not use same textures and stuff were as you may have to see developers cut back and trim the fat for some 360 games."
A lot of multi-platform games up until now have looked better on the 360 simply because the PS3 is harder to develop for and has taken developers a lot longer to understand the coding. Now that they are a few years into developing games on the PS3, I can understand how the graphics will look better on the PS3 version. However, the graphic difference will probably be minimal and not terribly drastic between future multi-platform games.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft will implement a larger format than DVDs on the next Xbox, I think it's too late to try to implement a new disc format on the 360 without requiring people to spend more money on the console.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Warfare
natetodamax said:
"Microsoft was very smart in not putting Blu-Ray in the 360. If they did, they would be charging consumers more money for something they don't really need.
"
Consumers don't really need video games either. just saying
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Relys

We have a term for your kind around here.. We call them "fakeboys"

If I was on a desert island I'd choose the PS3 over the Xbox 360, for it's wide uses including multimedia. But the PS3 blows nutsack when it comes to playing games, and only playing games, compared to the 360.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

You can't make a game look better by siply moving it to a new console. You can upscale it, but that won't make it look better necessarily.

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Jecrell
Snail said:

"
And buy Ryu ga Gotoku 3 on Play Asia when it comes out, they've got region free copies. Hells to the yeah!
As for this whole arguement, the PS3 is great for games, it just doesn't have any. Microsoft did a better job getting publishers hooked and early, but what the fuck people, pay for multiplayer? For fuck's sakes. And what's all this DLC 0kb bullshit doing lying around in the discs waiting to be unlocked by users who shell out more of their money for something they already technically paid for?
Avatar image for stuart_scofield
Stuart_Scofield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Stuart_Scofield

I'm feeling a switch. I love my 360 for playing online, but I feel let down by the amount of exclusive titles it has (Gears of War and Halo bore me now) and I really want to dwell on brilliant looking PS3 games like Flower, Killzone 2, God Of War 3, and other titles. Blu-Ray compatibility isn't a problem for me, as I already have a stand-alone player, so that paves no way for my choice.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By KamasamaK
Jecrell said:
"And buy Ryu ga Gotoku 3 on Play Asia when it comes out, they've got region free copies. Hells to the yeah!"
I would advise against this for a story-driven game like Yakuza unless you know Japanese. Also, all copies of PS3 games are region free.

brukaoru said:
"Aah, I didn't really think of the royalty issues. I always thought the manufacturing of multiple discs was a very small expense. And I do trust Carmack. Good point."
I believe manufacturing costs of the discs are rather low, but that's a separate issue from royalty costs. Both contribute to lower profits, though. I bet using nonstandard cases is a bit more money as well.
BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21  Edited By BawlZINmotion
Dr_Cash said:
"Hello did you not read I said I have a launch PS3."
Maybe they missed it while trying to "read" your grammar-less cluster fuck of a blog. As for the topic at hand? Launching a new console during a recession is a dumb idea, especially when the competition cannot afford to (Sony) and is in complete domination of the market (Nintendo) with last generation hardware.
m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By m1k3

Im not a fanboy, i used to play my ps3 and 360 equally last year. but towards the end of the year i was telling myself that i would play my 360 more in 2009 than my ps3. But the opposite has happened and i haven't touched my 360 since (i dont know why). Valkyria Chronicles has been really good for me, and the i ended up buying Skate 2 and SFIV for PS3

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the hell do you care?

If you own both consoles, do what I do and just enjoy the fucking games and laugh at the petty squabbles people have to justify only making one purchase.
Unless you have stock in these companies or work there this shouldn't be something to worry your head about.

I really don't see a point to your convoluted diatribe. So let me try to summarize "The PS3 is gonna last long unless we see a new Xbox"?
The 360 is doing just fine coasting along for a few more years, while the PS3 is looking to find it's stride after floundering since it's almost stillbirth.
I have no doubt there is heavy R&D being done for the next Xbox and I don't believe a word about Sony's 10-year plan.
This generation will probably just be the opposite of last gen with the Microsoft trouncing Sony and Nintendo ruling the roost.

I'm not gonna start worrying about the next generation yet and enjoy the games coming out for the current systems.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PowerSerj
Chainblast said:
"Dr_Cash said:
Maybe they missed it while trying to "read" your grammar-less cluster fuck of a blog.
"
It's in the first sentence. About 7 words in.
Volkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Volkain

Anyone who is stupid is enough to underestimate PS3 and Sony is an idiot. Look what they did with PS1 and PS2! Even with PSP  first handheld that took some market share from Nintendo and was/is first profitable non Nintendo handheld.
Sony has more 1st party and 2 nd party studios than Nintendo and MS combined, exclusive games are guarantee. You can like them or not, that is matter of personal preference.
What i am trying to say is. You can't go wrong with PS3. Ps3 is getting all multiplatform games on same day as 360, there is no big difference in quality like in 2007 up to mid 08. and most important you will get amazing exclusives.
That said 360 is also great system but RROD thing killed it for me, i just can't tolerate that kind of stuff. ALso to be honest other that Alan Wake i don't see any 360 exclusive that interests me. Even that one will most likely come to PC after a while.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26  Edited By BawlZINmotion
PowerSerj said:
"Chainblast said:
"Dr_Cash said:
Maybe they missed it while trying to "read" your grammar-less cluster fuck of a blog.
"
"
Thanks, I didn't notice...
Avatar image for thesixthhorseman
TheSixthHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By TheSixthHorseman

My 360 gets much more playtime than my PS3 because most multi-console games are better on that system. However, I prefer PS3 exclusives, including downloadable games, over 360 exclusives.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

PS3 multiplat games are worse since they are ported after the fact. Also DLC quantty lately is exclusive to the 360/PC, so you get more mileage out of your game on those systems.  There is still nothing that makes me interested in getting a PS3.  If had come from a PS1 or PS2, then I might have had a reason to keep my library intact by getting the PS3, but I come from PC gaming & also the cost of the PS3 is too high with only 1 year warranty & they can break...one guy at work had his break just after the warranty expired. I'll have to ask if he ever got a replacement. When I was talking to him about it, he looked like he had wished he'd gone the 360 route.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PowerSerj
Chainblast said:
"PowerSerj said:
"Chainblast said:
"Dr_Cash said:
"
"
Thanks, I didn't notice...
"
You didn't seem to notice the point of my post then.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Sony is only in it for the long haul because they have 2 generations behind their belt if this had been their first console they would have been done by now, 360 likely would have too under the same circumstances.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kashif1
Jecrell said:
"Snail said:

"
And buy Ryu ga Gotoku 3 on Play Asia when it comes out, they've got region free copies. Hells to the yeah!
As for this whole arguement, the PS3 is great for games, it just doesn't have any. Microsoft did a better job getting publishers hooked and early, but what the fuck people, pay for multiplayer? For fuck's sakes. And what's all this DLC 0kb bullshit doing lying around in the discs waiting to be unlocked by users who shell out more of their money for something they already technically paid for?
"
the ps3 not having games no longer applies.  The list of good exclusives is now as long as the list of good xbox exclusives,
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I had to look at the URL because I thought I was at Gametrailers for a moment.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dr_Cash
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"PS3 multiplat games are worse since they are ported after the fact. Also DLC quantty lately is exclusive to the 360/PC, so you get more mileage out of your game on those systems.  There is still nothing that makes me interested in getting a PS3.  If had come from a PS1 or PS2, then I might have had a reason to keep my library intact by getting the PS3, but I come from PC gaming & also the cost of the PS3 is too high with only 1 year warranty & they can break...one guy at work had his break just after the warranty expired. I'll have to ask if he ever got a replacement. When I was talking to him about it, he looked like he had wished he'd gone the 360 route.
"

Yeah I feel you on the PC thing I to come from being  a PC gamer. i got tired of upgrading though after Half Life 2. So I wne t360 all the way. But I am considering building a new monster gaming rig being cost are so low these days. It killed me not playing The Witcher and Stalker. And OMG Dues Ex 3  OMG I may have to build a new rig just for that game alone.