In your ideal world which franchises would be alive and well?

• 158 results
katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By katpottz

I'm limiting this to one per company for myself at least:

Capcom: Dragon's Dogma

Sega: Jet Set Radio

Nintendo: Custom Robo

Platinum: Vanquish

Raven: Jedi Knight

Ubisoft: Prince of Persia

Sony: Wipeout

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@katpottz: I don't know that you could consider Vanquish a franchise when it only had one game released. That being said they did tease a possible sequel/rerelease yesterday. The same thing could be said about Dragon's Dogma.

For me personally there are a few:

Battlefield: Bad Company: Those games were fun and laid back in a way that proper Battlefield just isn't.

NFL 2K: They were putting out the better football game until EA essentially shut them down by locking up exclusive rights to the NFL.

BioWare/Black Isle D&D games: I really want to play a game that adapts the current 5E rules to a single player game, like the old games from these studios did with AD&D and 3E.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zeik

Definitely Suikoden.

Suikoden 2 is still one of my all time favorite games, and even if not every Suikoden game was as exceptional, that interconnected world and timeline is still one of my favorites of any fiction.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Grandia! Last one we got was Grandia 3 on PS2 and was really good!

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie

Splinter cell Blacklist came out four years ago and we haven't heard anything regarding a sequel. Think that just about qualifies it for this. I've liked/loved just about every game in that series :(

And it seemed like they were finally really nailing the balance between stealth and action in blacklist.

Oh, and of course Metroid. A really good Metroid game could maybe push me to get a switch

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F-Zero, I miss this series so much.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AlexW00d

Skate.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vampire the masquerade, swat, nolf

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FLStyle
  • Devil May Cry (not DmC)
  • Command and Conquer Red Alert (Back before EA bought Westwood)
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

• Starcraft: It would've been nice to see them make Starcraft II's campaign even remotely similar in tone and scope to the first game; instead every individual mission doesn't really have any plot significance, and they spend the entire trilogy glacially tying up the one loose end left at the end of Brood War, while hardly introducing any new characters or significant planets/locations/factions. Multiplayer is well made, I guess, but there just isn't the mass appetite for it because it's way too hard, and LoL exists. It was honestly an insane fluke of the late 90s that RTS was one of the more interesting genres on PC that devs were exploring, but I think it's never going to be a genre with mass appeal/sales again.
  • Mega Man, Mega Man X: It would've been nice if Capcom could've found a way to continue reinventing either of these series in the vein of Nintendo gradually finding a variety of ways to do a Mario game, but instead both of them were driven into the ground in the PlayStation era.
  • Metroid: It would've been nice if Nintendo had any idea what the fuck to do with Metroid. It needs to get the Zelda: Breath of the Wild treatment, where they finally let some people give new input on how to present that game in a very different way. I guess they thought they were doing that with Other M, but it's this really linear game that railroads you forward as it tells its terrible, godawful excuse for a story.
Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

A couple of weeks ago I would say Darksiders but somehow a new one is getting made. Games I wish were still around include:

• Skate
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Wild Arms
  • Devil May Cry (not DmC)
  • Silent Hill

And yes @eder, somehow Grandia 3 still has some of the best combat mechanics of any game ever made yet a sequel doesn't exist.

THANK YOU! I tell ya that series doesn't get any love and when it does it's only the first one people mention.

And to those asking for Metroid cmon people we got Federation Force.............................................HAHAHAAH ok sorry too soon right?

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ape Escape! Look at the crazy monkeys! Look at their funny antics! Catch those monkeys! Also, an MGS minigame would probably be the closest thing to a proper MGS game we're going to get, so that's two birds (monkeys(snakes)) with one stone!

AdamALC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AdamALC

Sierra adventure games (Hero's Quest/Quest for Glory, Space Quest etc... )

Knights of the Old Republic ( I have played and enjoyed The Old Republic but it is just not the same)

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Most of the games I miss:

• Tomb Raider" Some people inexplicably like the new games, but they just make me sad. Where are the tombs? Where is the the wonder?
  • Ace Combat: You used to rely on a solid "arcade" dog fighter every two years from Namco in the PSone and PS2 era - that has been killed.
  • BloodRayne: They never really made the most out of that series, but I think the character was interesting. I'd love to see ist restarted as pure narrative adventure games like a Yakuza game. Very adult, very seedy.
  • Fatal Frame/Silent Hill : I was never a fan of these games, but I appreciated that that there needed to be an accessible stable of "Japanese horror" games that westerners could consume without confusion.
  • The Getaway: If someone could make a "Guy Ritchie" video game set in London that would be awesome. Heck, I would even GLADLY accept a GTA game set in London as long as Leslie Benzies is behind it. (I NEED THE BENZ!!!)
Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okami, still being made by a successful clover studio. No buy outs or closers.
Wild arms
Chibi Robo (Like how the original game was. After his last game just being 'okish' in sales I doubt there will ever be another.)

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Burnout.

I continually be amazed that EA keep developing Need for Speed games when I don't know a single person who actually really likes those games.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obvious ones for me would be Command & Conquer & Warcraft, preferably with campy/awesome/cheesy storylines and CGI/FMV cutscene shenanigans included.

Not exactly a franchise, but a big company like Lucasarts having continued to do adventure games after Grim Fandango and Monkey Island 4 would've been swell.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Castiel

Medievil.

I loved the first game's mix of humorous and gothic elements. I would have loved to see a completely new Medievil game on PS4 with current gen graphics and refined controls.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Syndicate, Theme Park (2 Bullfrog games!)

I 2nd Burnout.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Xenogears
  • Maximo
  • No One Lives Forever
  • Half-Life
steevl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Castlevania. Even though I enjoyed some of the Lords of Shadow games, they weren't really part of the Castlevania series I grew up with. I suspect Konami is done giving us proper games in the Castlevania series, though.

At least I'll get a spiritual sequel with Iga's Bloodstained.

Avatar image for octopusrocketmark
Octopusrocketmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metroid is the only answer that matters

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

• Driver - first one on ps1 had really nice feel to it (and nice survival mode), San Fransisco had really unique coma powers.
  • Red Faction games - not enough destruction out there.
  • Tactical RPG games - like Fallout, Xcom and Jagged Alliance. And no, watered down 3d versions are really not the same thing.
Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

Mutant League will always be my go to answer to this question.
Hockey, football, another sport entirely. I'm not picky.
I just miss my future murder sports.

That aside I dunno.
Considering it's presently popular to bring back old FPS games a new Hexen/Heretic would be nice.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By BoOzak
  • THPS (or even THUG)
  • Half-Life
  • Metroid
  • Ninja Gaiden

Pre Paradise Burnout and pre DmC DMC would also be nice.

Plus an SSX game that brought back the funk, ditched the wing suits, boring stages and abrasive dubstep.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Star Control: I'm skeptical about Stardock's ability to capture the magic of the original series.

Portal: The best one two punch in recent memory, what happened?

KotOR: It's time for this or something Star Wars based with a compeling story.

Bioware: Make a good game geez, I don't even care what the franchise is.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I bet you Starcraft 2 sales are better than the original at the same life span. The market is just so much bigger today that a sale of two million copies sold isn't considered a big deal by a company like Blizzard. But in the late 90's 2 million copies sold would be considered a raging success.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Too many to list, so I'll just pick one. I really wish we had gotten the full trilogy of Space Marine games we were supposed to get before THQ went under.

Avatar image for deactivated-61f8244d70470
deactivated-61f8244d70470

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Advance Wars

F-Zero

2D Metroid

Wario, his platformers in particular. Although I'd take anything at this point.

Soul Calibur

Dragon Age because as far as I'm concerned, there may as well only be one game in the series. Paper Mario falls under this category as well.

I would say Dragon's Dogma, but acknowledging that the original game may have been a one-off at this point kinda depresses me, so I'm trying not to think about it.

I wouldn't mind a new Custom Robo either.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But the indies have you covered.

God Hand. Except working their way through different body parts. God Knees.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Pokemon Snap would be on it's 8th sequel and I would still be anxiously waiting for the next entry.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By notnert427

Title: (peak game(s) I'd like them to emulate)

Splinter Cell: (Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory)
Rainbow Six: (Rainbow Six 3)
Burnout: (Takedown and Revenge)
Crimson Skies (I don't get how/why this disappeared)
Red Faction: (1, 2, or Guerrilla)
PGR: (3 or 4)
Mercenaries: (original, obviously)
Gran Turismo: (3 or 4)

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Jagged Alliance
  • X-Wing / TIE Fighter
  • Stuntman
  • Contra
  • Half-Life
  • L.A. Noire
  • Rock Band
  • Metal Gear Solid
katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_brojangles_: they made a mmo spin off from dragon's dogma so I think they would consider it a franchise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was literally going to make a thread about how much potential the Sleeping Dogs series had. I will just say I think it was the only open world crime game that ever got close to really competing with GTA some people say Sleeping Dogs is better than GTA4 I kinda of agree and I love GTA4. I think if Square let United Front Games make a true sequel with a big budget we would be in for a major treat. To me losing Sleeping Dogs 2 is one of the worst things to ever happen in gaming.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Drakan, Vampire the Masquerade, Brothers in Arms, Shining Force, Black & White, Commandos, Warcraft, Dark Alliance

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think about what a new Jet Set Radio and MediEvil could be at least once every week.

In my mind they are so cool.

However in the days of Shenmue 3, I WILL NEVER LOSE HOPE! DJ PROFESSOR K AND SIR DAN FORTESQUE WILL LIVE AGAIN!

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy. I know they still make them, but that franchise might as well have been dead for the last 15 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also forgot to add

• Condemn series man I love the gritty tone of this game I would like more gritty games like this I would for this to come back.
  • Dead Space
  • LA noire
  • Silent Hill
  • F.E.A.R. reboot I still think have a bad taste in my mouth from the second and third game if they could make a new game that's close to the first one I'm in.
Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

In my ideal world, most games wouldn't have sequels and only the very best would have no more than a trilogy.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RAVEN not making COD maps. And Singularity being a commercial success. Fuck thinking about it makes me a miserable human being.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• I wish Majesty was a bigger thing, Majesty 2 lost most of the charm of the 1st game.
  • Oni fun Ghost in the Shell type game more Oni less Destiny
  • Arcanum, there are a lot more stories that could be told in its world and it is my favorite RPG of all time.
  • Jagged Alliance: Jagged Alliance 2 is the best tactics game out there and its a shame what happened to the franchise.
  • Wing Commander I feel in love with the series at 2 and the epic sci-fi space opera was so good it needs a reboot. Just watch the opening so good.
Loading Video...

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

• Would've gotten a sequel or a god damn remake of Eternal Darkness
  • Asura's Wrath sequel that I swear they said was coming
  • Mark of the Ninja sequel, DO IT KLEI!
  • Bioshock, I really like those games, we will probably never get another one.
  • FTL 2
  • Portal
  • Wolf Among Us S2
Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Command and Conquer (bonus points for Generals)

I saw a few people say Vampire: The Masqurade and I agree but I have a small hope as recently the White Wolf IP was bought by Paradox. They've already announced a Werewolf: The Apocalypse game by Cyanide but my dream would by for Obsidian to get involved in the World of Darkness IP.

Eroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would've loved to see at least one more Freedom Fighters.