Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@CitizenKane:
I have my money down on Red Dead Redemption:)
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Brians
@HandsomeDead said:
" None of the video reviews have been worthwhile. They just repeat what's in the written review and it's even worse when we've seen a quick look. "

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By Milkman

Quick Looks are more effective.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By luce
@HandsomeDead said:
" None of the video reviews have been worthwhile. They just repeat what's in the written review and it's even worse when we've seen a quick look. "
What that gentleman said.
billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By billyhoush

I find that the Quicklooks are way too long these days and I miss the video reviews. I blame the community for dick riding the GiantBomb dudes too much and making them think they are comedy gods.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By JoelTGM
@TripMasterMunky said:
" Why's a game have to be "worthy" of a video review? Like Uncharted 2 isn't widely seen everywhere else.  If anything, they should be doing video reviews for the games not so big, so people can actually see more of them. "
Because if the game isn't worth the trouble, why do it?  Why do a video review for a game nobody knows about?  If they are going to take the time to do a video review, do it for a super popular game that bring in a lot more viewers.
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By time allen

it makes one think about the usefulness of the chroma key screen if they aren't using it for anything anymore.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By kraznor

I actually really enjoyed their video reviews, particularly Too Human and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, and I have noticed the lack of them in recent months. I'd consider Alan Wake, Red Dead and Splinter Cell (I guess) notable enough releases to warrant video reviews. Hoping that happens at some point.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Organicalistic_
@rathantoras said:
" I don't think theres any point, quicklooks give me all the info i need. "
quick looks are not so quick, video reviews are
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Brians
@Kraznor:  Do you enjoy  repetition or when they repeat their text review by reading it with looped video?  Cause I don't and that is what video reviews are.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By jakob187

Video reviews are stupid IMO, as there are text reviews.  People just need to use this: 

No Caption Provided
dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By dtat

I find the video reviews very helpful. Yes I know they say what they've written in their text review, but often I either don't read them, or don't catch all the important parts. The videos really sum up the important parts and the visuals compliment them well. Quicklooks are usually filmed before whoever reviews the game has finished his review. That means their opinions haven't been solidified yet.
masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By masternater27
@eunao2 said:
" @brooksee said:
" @ChineseTea said:
" @brooksee said:
" @I_smell said:
" I don't read written reviews at all, so I wish they'd just allways do videos.
This is why video reviews are kind of necessary. Not everyone is willing to take the time to read a review. "
You guys make it sound like such an investment. "
It really isn't a huge investment and I'll take a written review over a video any day. But, it seems like the majority of people, when given the choice, would opt for a video that requires less time and breaks down the most important points of a more in-depth written review. "
Exactly. Some people are just too busy to read a review. "
I don't know where you kids learned to read, but unless it's a crazy lengthy written review I can generally read a text review in less than the 5-6 minutes a video review takes to watch, plus buffering on bad internet days.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By shadows_kill

mostly if a game has a QL they dont do a vid review (unless its a bigger titled game like halo or something..) but i would like them to do more but they seem to do them on bigger named games instead of every single game. 

for the guys that dont like video reviews one great thing about them is when theres a technical problem with the game that you want to see example= written review says menus are unorganized or big frame rate drops when lot of stuff is on screen. you dont get to see exactly what it is but in a video review they can pop in a lil clip of it or where a problem is.

airules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By airules

Cant believe nobody else has come up with the alernative here.
So QL and ER are more what GB is known for than reviews now, and reviews take considerably more time to edit all of the video.
So a simple solution to allow the majority of video shootin and editing time can go to original content is that we get audio versions of the reviews.
Same basic idea as the video reviews but take much less time. Granted you wont get the video which can be useful to illustrate a point but for most reviews an audio system would be more than enough.
Also if video reviews are your thing there are other websites.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SeriouslyNow

This site needs more video reviews full stop.

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By Ramyun

Just like last year, there was a slow down of video reviews at this time, but there were some coming up once in a while. I, for one, love the video reviews. Although written reviews are enough, call me crazy, but there's just something about the video reviews that I just love to watch again and again. It's like a short enough summary of the review for me to enjoy at a glance, but also provides enough detail about the respective merits and flaws for me to see if its a game for me.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68  Edited By trophyhunter

They actually take an assload of time to produce for the video guys. Time that is much better spent producing quicklooks, ER, interviews, and other events.
Also they are 5 dudes 3 of which review things 2 are video guys and they have lives.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By iamjohn

I can't believe some of you lazy fucks are bitching about having to read a fucking text review.  How the fuck can you honestly tell me you don't have time to read a review when you could most likely read one in less time than it would take to watch a 5-6 minute video review?  Christ, what is this world coming to?

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By Whisperkill

I kind of don't like what this site is turning into.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By evanbrau
@iAmJohn said:
" I can't believe some of you lazy fucks are bitching about having to read a fucking text review.  How the fuck can you honestly tell me you don't have time to read a review when you could most likely read one in less time than it would take to watch a 5-6 minute video review?  Christ, what is this world coming to? "
This is what I've been thinking, the people who've said that they are too busy to read a review must be reading at a childs level and reading every word over and over just to understand it. Get a fucking grip people the written reviews will tell you more a bout a game than a lot of quick cuts and edits of gameplay with one of the guys standing in front of it would. Also to the person who said they "owe" us an explanation, get a fucking grip you didn't pay anything to use this site and rarely have to see ads so they don't owe you a thing.

This whole "sky is falling" mentality about the site thats going throughout the forums is getting silly.
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By habster3

For me it is; ever since they loaded up the newer video format, I can't watch them.

Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Xander

I miss them a lot.  Wish we had some for recent games.