Is it worth it to get a PS3 or a PSP?

Game_Over

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Game_Over

Hi, i already have a 360 and a dsi.... but for x mas my family usually gets me one "big gift" and i really don't have any idea what to ask them for. There are games for the PS3 i want, and games for the PSP i want, but i don't really know if it would be worth it. I just wanna know from someone with experience with the PS3 or PSP (Or both!) along with a 360 and a ds if they are worth while to get.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nanikore

I would go with the PS3.

deadfm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By deadfm

depends on how many games you know you want for each system. I bought a PS3 because I knew there were a bunch of games that I already wanted, and games that are coming out that I really wanted. I think it's worth it, especially with all those black friday deals today.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RaikohBlade

PSP is not a good buy right now, too many things up in the air with the PSP Go, which is a piece of shit with no real value. Get a PS3, has great exclusives, built in Blu-Ray player, free online play, and great overall media features.

willylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By willylo

As it stands right now, I'd recommend the PS3. The PSP is a solid system but honestly, unless you're going to be playing it at home, most of the games are only good for lengthy trips, and at that point you might as well get a PS3.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By angelkanarias

psp sucks for me. Buy a PS3

deadfm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By deadfm

yeah I used to buy portable gaming systems but then I realized I don't spend most of my time on the road or anything.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By aurahack

Pretty much worth getting a PS3 now. From a "deal" standpoint, you get so much shit for your money with the PS3 that it's difficult not to get one. The only problem will be the games, though. If you obsess over the whole achievement thing like everyone seems to, you'll want to play multi-platform games on the system you're most invested on. If you have more points on 360 and more people to show said points off to on the Xbox, you'll probably buy PS3/360 games on the 360 and vice versa. 

Then again, if you don't care about that, it's totally not a big deal. Development is rapidly catching up and people seem to be making multi-platform games that run the same on both systems so the whole "it runs better on XXXX" thing seems to be fading away as each day goes by. 

As for the PSP, mine is basically just a portable DJ Max system. I play nothing else on it and do not wish to, either. Up to you if there are games on it that interest you.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

The PSP's time has sadly passed, along with the PS3. It's time to get a PS3 my friend.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Buy an effin' PSP dawg! DO IT NOW befo I git ma gat! I'mma go "blat blat blat" and yo guts 'r gunna be like "splat splat splat". 

Sorry for that nonsense, but yes, buy a PSP, that is a GREAT system.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Afroman269

Uhh the PS3 because my psp continues to collect dust and sometimes I forget it plays games. Also to turn down the chance to play Uncharted 2 to play what.....Patapon? I don't think so.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By penguindust

Get a PS3, play Uncharted 2.  'Nuff said. 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Karmum

Depends on which console / handheld will be more appealing to you. Do you have more PS3 games you want to play or PSP games? Do you want to go online and play people (there are more PSN players on PS3 as oppose to PSP). Multimedia. Are you interested in Blu-Ray? How about music on the go? Or, everything on the go?

Ask yourself those questions, whichever one fits the blanks better is probably the one you should get.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By RobotHamster

Get the ps3 it's awesome, I'm gonna get a psp eventually, there's enough games to justify it for me now.  But it all comes down to what you want to play, maybe the games that I love on it you don't and vice versa, but definitely consider the ps3.