It's Time To Support Giant Bomb's 2023 EXTRA LIFE TEAM! - Game Day is HERE! (Jan, Grubb, Dan, AND Windbag STREAM DATES!)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Hey everyone in the Giant Bomb Community! It's that time of the year that we get the word out about Giant Bomb's efforts to raise money for Extra Life! Right now there's only about twenty-ish days between now and the start of Extra Life's Game Day which is set for November 4th. As we get closer to the start of the event, I will try to use this thread to relay the staff plans and ways you can support them.

However, with this still in the early stages, what we really need is MORE TEAM MEMBERS! Even if you can only stream on one day and only for a handful of hours, every bit and member counts! Below you will find the link to the team page. If you cannot stream, please consider checking out all of the people who have signed up for Extra Life this year and donate to the user pages to help us make sure that EVERYONE has at least ONE DONATION! We want there to be ZERO PEOPLE on our team with $0 raised!

Also, I and the rest of the Giant Bomb moderation team will use the site chat to swap user streams for you to watch and support. If you plan to stream on Game Day, drop a comment in this thread with your date and times and I'll try to keep you in the chat rotation if possible.

GIANT BOMB TEAM PAGE <----- CLICK THIS LINK AND THEN JOIN! DONATE IF YOU CANNOT!

Staff Streaming Schedule

First, Jeff Grubb, Mike Minotti, Dan, and WINDBAG ARE CONFIRMED TO BE STREAMING FOR EXTRA LIFE!

Jan's stream will also be in-person streaming goodness with West Coast guests and friends from Fandom and GameSpot!

However, for Extra Life's Game Day weekend event, Giant Bomb is going to be host a 3-day long community-drive rotation of user-based streams that you can catch on the site chat and elsewhere!

• November 3rd through the 5th, including GAME DAY
    • 3 DAYS OF COMMUNITY STREAMS! TENTATIVE SCHEDULE PROVIDED BELOW!
  • Saturday, November 11th
    • 9AM-3PM Eastern: Grubb & friends (including yours truly!)
    • 3PM-3AM Eastern: Giant Bomb West ft. GameSpot friends
  • Saturday, November 18th
    • 12PM-8PM Eastern: Giant Bomb Midwest ft. The Windbag Live from the Dancave
No Caption Provided

Staff Donation Pages (MORE COMING IN THE FUTURE)

Just a friendly reminder of the AMAZING things we have done in the past!
Just a friendly reminder of the AMAZING things we have done in the past!
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Good luck and have fun!

seakae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By seakae

Excellent! I'll be streaming November 4th from 10am PST to midnight and November 5th from 10am to 8pm (maybe also midnight, cuz why not). This will be my 6th year. Last year I passed $10k! This is also my second year doing a thing called the ELWF (Extra Lives Wrestling Federation). Everyone that donates $75 can ask me to draw a pop culture character or historical icon as a wrestler. Everyone that donates $150 can ask me to draw ANYONE (mostly it's just donor's kids) as a wrestler. There are only 2 spots left for the higher "ELITE" tier. I take all those characters and put them into an AI driven double elimination tournament inside WWE 2k23. The champion gets to defend their title next year and they get a poster of their character with the belt. Everyone walks away with at least a fun little drawing. If that sounds like your jam or maybe you're curious about my art, check out my EL page or tune into my twitch channel, the days of. Thanks!

EXTRA LIFE

TWITCH

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As always doing a 2 day stream(12 hr each day) for team Giant Bomb, Saturday(Nov 4th) and Sunday(Nov 5th). Will likely try to do some horror game streams and plenty of random retro games.

Extra Life

Twitch

chiefbeef123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By chiefbeef123

I joined the team and plan on streaming but haven't decided which day yet. (Will likely stream Street Fighter 6.) Is there a certain span of time in which we should do our stream in order to contribute to the team? Start date? End date?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZombiePie  Staff

@seakae said:

Excellent! I'll be streaming November 4th from 10am PST to midnight and November 5th from 10am to 8pm (maybe also midnight, cuz why not). This will be my 6th year. Last year I passed $10k! This is also my second year doing a thing called the ELWF (Extra Lives Wrestling Federation). Everyone that donates $75 can ask me to draw a pop culture character or historical icon as a wrestler. Everyone that donates $150 can ask me to draw ANYONE (mostly it's just donor's kids) as a wrestler. There are only 2 spots left for the higher "ELITE" tier. I take all those characters and put them into an AI driven double elimination tournament inside WWE 2k23. The champion gets to defend their title next year and they get a poster of their character with the belt. Everyone walks away with at least a fun little drawing. If that sounds like your jam or maybe you're curious about my art, check out my EL page or tune into my twitch channel, the days of. Thanks!

EXTRA LIFE

TWITCH

I joined the team and plan on streaming but haven't decided which day yet. (Will likely stream Street Fighter 6.) Is there a certain span of time in which we should do our stream in order to contribute to the team? Start date? End date?

As always doing a 2 day stream(12 hr each day) for team Giant Bomb, Saturday(Nov 4th) and Sunday(Nov 5th). Will likely try to do some horror game streams and plenty of random retro games.

Extra Life

Twitch

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for joining the team! The sign up sheet to be hosted on the site chat is LIVE NOW! Click the link and fill in what hours you plan to stream. Also, if you are streaming on Friday or Sunday, feel free to indicate that! We will have the chat up on the day before and after the main Game Day stuff.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thatpinguino  Staff

@turboshawn I'll grab the open time slot from 5-8PM tomorrow. I can stream some Signalis.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZombiePie  Staff
urban_ryoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I'm doing my tenth year starting in an hour. There will be a bidding war on if I revisit Lifeline on ps2 or Duke Nukem Forever. https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=513027

stardaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiquidSchwartz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiquidSchwartz
hightopninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone! This is my fifth year streaming for team Giant Bomb for Extra-Life!

I'm really looking forward to this year's stream! I couldn't make game day work, so, I'll be doing a 24hr marathon on November 25th through the 26th! Come eat left-over turkey with me as I try to do things no old man should do!

Stream time will be 12:00pm EST 11/25 through till 12:00pm EST 11/26!

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/510399

https://twitch.tv/hightopninja

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZombiePie  Staff

And with that, we have ended the site's staff-led Extra Life programming for 2023! If anything new pops up, I will try to let you all know, but for now, big thanks to everyone that streamed and donated!

Catch you next year!