Jeff and vinny sports experts!

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JZ

That is my new favorite thing they started doing this year. They are tapping into the magic of the persona 4 endurance run in those quicklooks. I hate all sports and I've watched the madden quicklook like five time, because it's so fucking funny. All the other ones are really funny as well, but the madden one is the best. WWE quicklooks are a separate category. I look forward to the new WWE quicklook every year, they are alway amazing.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JZ

The wwe quicklook like Christmas comes but once per year.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By GreggD

Yeah man, the sports QLs are amazing. Honestly, if Alex were there to do them, I think the entertainment value would plummit, since he already knows so much about them.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By solidwolf52

The hilarity comes from their ignorance!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By csl316

Ever since the SNES stream it felt like something special. I wanted nothing to do with sports QL's here, but hot damn... I was excited to see soccer on the Wii U.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By nightriff

Jeff and Vinny best QL/GB Commentary Team? Probably

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#7  Edited By Slag

definitely been one of the highlights of the year.

makes actually kinda glad they don't have a "sports guy" . This is better.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brendan

"I am Pele, if Pele was from space."

A loosely remembered quote from (last?) years soccer quicklook. Always gold.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By joshthebear

Jeff + Vinny = Comedy Magic

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By colourful_hippie

The cherry on top is reading the comments complaining about the quick looks not being "professional and informative".

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nightriff

@joshthebear said:

Vinny + "x" = Comedy Magic

Fixed it. Vinny is just the best and brings out the best in everyone on the site.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Colourful_Hippie said:

The cherry on top is reading the comments complaining about the quick looks not being "professional and informative".

Oh like every endurance run ever?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By laserbolts

They are great together in the middle of watching the P4 ER for the third time. Still think its nuts they did 100+ hour ER.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshthebear

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

Fixed it. Vinny is just the best and brings out the best in everyone on the site.

So very true. This is pretty much my reaction to any Vinny content:

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nightriff

@joshthebear said:

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

Hahahaha, that's fucking fantastic, exactly how I feel. Whenever there is a Bombcast without Vinny I basically become depressed, also a reason why I haven't watched a TNT in months because he is never apart of them anymore.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nightriff

@laserbolts said:

They are great together in the middle of watching the P4 ER for the third time. Still think its nuts they did 100+ hour ER.

Just watched it my for the second time last month (first time was in July) and even though I'm currently playing through Golden I kinda want to watch it for a 3rd time, I think I have a problem...

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McGhee

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

Hahahaha, that's fucking fantastic, exactly how I feel. Whenever there is a Bombcast without Vinny I basically become depressed, also a reason why I haven't watched a TNT in months because he is never apart of them anymore.

Vinny has always been behind the cameras. He's barely in any live stream videos.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nightriff

@McGhee: I thought they did a balanced job of him on camera and him behind camera doing crazy shit. I just think if they did the Fortune Street TNT now and replaced him with Brad it would've been fucking brutal and the worst thing. He basically kept it cheerful and funny the whole 3 hours and was comedic gold.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By McGhee

@Nightriff said:

@McGhee: I thought they did a balanced job of him on camera and him behind camera doing crazy shit. I just think if they did the Fortune Street TNT now and replaced him with Brad it would've been fucking brutal and the worst thing. He basically kept it cheerful and funny the whole 3 hours and was comedic gold.

No, Vinny in front of the camera has always been rare. I know, because like you, I've always wanted to see him more. But at the same time, he always finds a way to get his personality to come forward with his crazy use of affects.

g00ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By g00ber

Boggles my mind when someone says they hate all sports; does..not..compute... to each his/her own though. The sports Quick Looks are pretty hilarious though.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JZ

All sports are boring that's why I hate them.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By KaneRobot
Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mister_V
@g00ber Yeah I'm with you, I'm no sports fan but even I like F1. To say you "hate" all sports is a really strange thing.
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By GreggD

@Mister_V said:

@g00ber Yeah I'm with you, I'm no sports fan but even I like F1. To say you "hate" all sports is a really strange thing.

That's different, because F1 is actually exciting.

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bishna

The Madden Quick Look actually might be my favorite Quick Look this year.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By ThePickle

The comments for the FIFA 13 QL were almost better than the video itself. All that butthurt over a few offhand comments. I love it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShaggE

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

He's totally there in spirit. You can always tell when he starts getting bored, because the TNT suddenly goes batshit insane. Hell, I'd say TNT is secretly the Vinny Show.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By BisonHero
@GreggD

Yeah man, the sports QLs are amazing. Honestly, if Alex were there to do them, I think the entertainment value would plummit, since he already knows so much about them.

That reminds me of how glad I am that Alex is on reviews and not Quick Looks anymore. I don't mind his personality or voice or anything, I just find I don't agree with him at all regarding the way he reviews certain middling games (I guess I agree with his scores for super terrible games). So at least now I can just not read his reviews; I don't like skipping QLs. For example, I just couldn't disagree more with his Kirby's Epic Yarn review. Yes, the game's visual style is crazy inventive, probably top 10 for this entire generation. But even that accolade is not enough for me to overlook how PAINFULLY DULL it is to play after about the second world. Kirby games have always moved kinda slow, but it brought it to a new level, plus no power absorbing didn't do the game any favours.
ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ltsmash

Sports game Quick Looks are the new Flight Club.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Chummy8

Love the bit that Jeff did about watching the superbowl and eating pizza rolls.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BisonHero

@LTSmash

Spookin' with Scoops is the new Question of the Week.

OK, that's harsh, but I wish Patrick would just start doing solo Endurance Runs of horror games since a bunch of them are pretty short. Getting 90 minutes into each game then stopping just feels like a waste of my time.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ghost_cat

I think those quick looks become more hilarious when you actually do like sports, or know quite a bit about sports.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ltsmash

@BisonHero said:

@LTSmash

Spookin' with Scoops is the new Question if the Week. OK, that's harsh, but I wish Patrick would just start doing solo Endurance Runs of horror games since a bunch of them are pretty short. Getting 90 minutes into each game then stopping just feels like a waste of my time.

I think Patrick just needs a partner. The Friday the 13th episode with Ryan was fantastic.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@laserbolts said:

I'd be interested to see exactly how long the P4 ER actually was, like the time of all the episodes added together. I know their final in game time was 99:59 (which is amazing considering that game goes over 100), but there were also times they left the game idle when they were recording episodes back to back, so that could have padded the game clock. Also, there were times where they died, so obviously that time wasn't counted on the game clock.

What I am getting at here, is that I think some industrious duder should add all the episode times together and get the final running time.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Icemo

@ShaggE said:

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

He's totally there in spirit. You can always tell when he starts getting bored, because the TNT suddenly goes batshit insane. Hell, I'd say TNT is secretly the Vinny Show.

I think that during some livestream they said that Drew is actually the one that does more crazy shit than Vinny, but we can never know for sure. It's just that whenever something funny happens, everyone always thinks that Vinny did it.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HaltIamReptar

@ll_Exile_ll said:

@laserbolts said:

I'd be interested to see exactly how long the P4 ER actually was, like the time of all the episodes added together. I know their final in game time was 99:59 (which is amazing considering that game goes over 100), but there were also times they left the game idle when they were recording episodes back to back, so that could have padded the game clock. Also, there were times where they died, so obviously that time wasn't counted on the game clock.

What I am getting at here, is that I think some industrious duder should add all the episode times together and get the final running time.

What would that take, an hour?

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By chilibean_3

The sports Quick Looks are fantastic The best thing about them are the comments from people who were okay with laughing at sport they didn't like but oh no they laughed at my favorite sport oh this so hard to watch what a couple of know nothing jerk faces.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By Snail

@joshthebear said:

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

Holy shit, did you make that .gif?

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Vinny and Jeff do make the best duo in pretty much anything, not just sport.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nightriff

@Snail said:

@joshthebear said:

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

Isn't it like the greatest gif ever? I must meet the person who made it and thank them for this gem.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HaltIamReptar

@Nightriff said:

@Snail said:

@joshthebear said:

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

Isn't it like the greatest gif ever? I must meet the person who made it and thank them for this gem.

I'm jumping on the quote bandwagon here and saying that, as an anonymous internet guy, that gif is great. It's pretty much a gif representation of my soul.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BisonHero

@LTSmash said:

@BisonHero said:

@LTSmash

Spookin' with Scoops is the new Question of the Week. OK, that's harsh, but I wish Patrick would just start doing solo Endurance Runs of horror games since a bunch of them are pretty short. Getting 90 minutes into each game then stopping just feels like a waste of my time.

I think Patrick just needs a partner. The Friday the 13th episode with Ryan was fantastic.

That one was also good because it felt like he actually had focus and wanted to beat it, similar to his enthusiasm with seeing the endings of Clock Tower. I just don't like it when he goes all ADD and only plays a game until he starts to get bored with it, then suddenly plays half an hour of something else. Sure, they can't all be winners, and I don't want him to slog all the way through a Penumbra game if he's not enjoying it, but a bunch of the horror games he has played (Clock Tower, Lone Survivor, Friday the 13th) are actually quite short, and it'd be nice if he would just commit to finishing one of them instead of flitting around constantly.

ejiehi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ejiehi

You mean Sports Talk With Ref Grestmann and Vinny "Lombardi" Caravella?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By MocBucket62
@CitizenKane said:

I do enjoy the hilarity of their sports Quick Looks, but sometimes I just wish they had sports QLs with people who, you know, actually know about sports and sports games.

Same here, wish they got some current information about the teams they were playing as. Jeff literally had no idea that he was playing as the Stanley Cup Champs in the L.A. Kings during the NHL quicklook. 

But overall, these sports Quick Looks with Jeff and Vinny have been quite amusing.
joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By joshthebear
@Snail

@joshthebear said:

@Nightriff said:

@joshthebear said:

I wish I could take credit for it, but no. It's a gif from the bombcast threads over on GAF
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By nightriff

@BisonHero said:

@LTSmash said:

@BisonHero said:

@LTSmash

Spookin' with Scoops is the new Question of the Week. OK, that's harsh, but I wish Patrick would just start doing solo Endurance Runs of horror games since a bunch of them are pretty short. Getting 90 minutes into each game then stopping just feels like a waste of my time.

That one was also good because it felt like he actually had focus and wanted to beat it, similar to his enthusiasm with seeing the endings of Clock Tower. I just don't like it when he goes all ADD and only plays a game until he starts to get bored with it, then suddenly plays half an hour of something else. Sure, they can't all be winners, and I don't want him to slog all the way through a Penumbra game if he's not enjoying it, but a bunch of the horror games he has played (Clock Tower, Lone Survivor, Friday the 13th) are actually quite short, and it'd be nice if he would just commit to finishing one of them instead of flitting around constantly.

What I can't stand is his constant desire to describe what is going on with the game. If he just played them and acted like there wasn't "x" number of people watching, I would be way more interested. Seeing him get scarred and tense is what the feature should be, not who made it and what they were trying to do at this part and blah blah blah blah blah. So unless he talks that way to himself while he plays alone I stand corrected.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BisonHero

@Nightriff said:

@BisonHero said:

@LTSmash said:

@BisonHero said:

@LTSmash

What I can't stand is his constant desire to describe what is going on with the game. If he just played them and acted like there wasn't "x" number of people watching, I would be way more interested. Seeing him get scarred and tense is what the feature should be, not who made it and what they were trying to do at this part and blah blah blah blah blah. So unless he talks that way to himself while he plays alone I stand corrected.

I think LTSmash is onto something with having Ryan there. Because almost anyone talking to themselves for 90 minutes is going to seem like an idiot, but I don't think I want the feature to just be silence for minutes at a time, and then occasional shouts from Patrick when something spooks him. But without a copilot, there's no one to talk to or bounce things off of. It's kind of the reason that 99% of Let's Plays are insufferable; most people just cracking jokes to themselves/the invisible audience to fill dead air just sound like complete dolts while they do it.

Also having Ryan there would make up for the fact that it's been like 14 months since they abandoned the Whiskey Media Happy Hour, yet Ryan hasn't done any kind of premium content. I know he MCs the podcast and TNT and sits in on seemingly half the Quick Looks, but c'mon, he couldn't do something?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nightriff

@BisonHero said:

@Nightriff said:

@BisonHero said:

@LTSmash said:

@BisonHero said:

@LTSmash

I think LTSmash is onto something with having Ryan there. Because almost anyone talking to themselves for 90 minutes is going to seem like an idiot, but I don't think I want the feature to just be silence for minutes at a time, and then occasional shouts from Patrick when something spooks him. But without a copilot, there's no one to talk to or bounce things off of. It's kind of the reason that 99% of Let's Plays are insufferable; most people just cracking jokes to themselves/the invisible audience to fill dead air just sound like complete dolts while they do it.

Also having Ryan there would make up for the fact that it's been like 14 months since they abandoned the Whiskey Media Happy Hour, yet Ryan hasn't done any kind of premium content. I know he MCs the podcast and TNT and sits in on seemingly half the Quick Looks, but c'mon, he couldn't do something?

Agree, the Friday the 13th one is the only one I sat all the way through because Ryan was at least entertaining. I think the silence only works when it is live so we can talk with community about the game while Patrick is just playing, doesn't work as well when it isn't live obviously, still a work in progress. And Ryan in the few RPCG he's done are great. Ripper and Burn Cycle(?) are second only to Phantasmagoria in the Premium Content Hierarchy.