Jurassic Lark!?

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Azurath

I noticed there will be a live stream today, but what the hell is Jurassic Lark?

I am new here, so sorry if it is common knowledge. I searched the forum for related posts, and didn't see any.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Patrick is a big Jurassic Park fan and (I forgot how) he got hold of a ton of JP games. They're planning on playing through all of them, it's been a while coming, since the last Big Live Live Show but I guess this is going to be the start of it. Also welcome!

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Milkman

Chris Tilton, a friend of the crew, bought Patrick every Jurassic Park game ever made (or just about) for his birthday last year. So, him and Ryan are going to play them.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Patrick is a big Jurassic Park fan and (I forgot how) he got hold of a ton of JP games. They're planning on playing through all of them, it's been a while coming, since the last Big Live Live Show but I guess this is going to be the start of it. Also welcome!

I believe those all came from various people sending in random games.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

The only Jurassic Park game I ever owned was the first SNES game. That was just weird. And hard. So goddamn hard.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toowalrus

Probably some kind of prehistoric bird. Patrick's been nursing a mysterious ancient egg in his hair for the past few months. It's probably going to hatch soon.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@Hailinel said:

The only Jurassic Park game I ever owned was the first SNES game. That was just weird. And hard. So goddamn hard.

I remember that. Those weird ass first person sections and whatnot. It was interesting but I liked the Genesis version way better. You got to be a freakin Raptor.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Eaxis

Yeah that one Jurassic Park game during the Big live show live(?) was kind of hilarious.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By chilibean_3

Patrick and Ryan are going to play likely bad Jurassic Park games. Should be great!

SolidOcelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By SolidOcelot

Ryan and Patrick are going to play nearly every Jurassic Park game. I doubt this will become an endurance run, probably one game per episode.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c15a9c63664d
deactivated-5c15a9c63664d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Azurath said:

I noticed there will be a live stream today, but what the hell is Jurassic Lark?

I am new here, so sorry if it is common knowledge. I searched the forum for related posts, and didn't see any.

Head's up. Live stuff is for premium members only so you wont be able to watch it.

martinallan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By martinallan

For some reason I thought the games were a wedding present to him. Either way bring on some Operation Genesis! "God Bless You!"

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By TheHT

I can't wait till they get to that RTS one on the PC. That was my very first RTS game.

Aviont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aviont

anyone know if this will be archived as well? would be awesome since I'm gonna be working when it's live

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Azurath

@CaptainThunderpants: Can I just not watch it live? Will I be able to watch it once it is uploaded to the site?

l3roken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By l3roken

@Aviont: Let me know if someone does and it isn't made super obvious and I will do the same for you if you find it! I won't get back until about 2 hours in and that is no good!

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By notdavid

@CaptainThunderpants said:

@Azurath said:

Head's up. Live stuff is for premium members only so you wont be able to watch it.

Usually, only live Flight Club videos and whatnot are premium only. TNTs and other live streams are usually accessible to everyone.

Just head over to giantbomb.com/chat 10 minutes after it's scheduled. I don't think they've ever been on time.

mattdragn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mattdragn

It doesn't say premium so I'd assume it will be available to non-subscribers right?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@Milkman said:

Chris Tilton, a friend of the crew, bought Patrick every Jurassic Park game ever made (or just about) for his birthday last year. So, him and Ryan are going to play them.

This might be kind of fantastic.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By recroulette

Clever Klepek

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cold_Wolven

This ought to be great, every bad JP game played back to back and perhaps maybe a diamond in the rough can be discovered by this Triceratops size shit pile.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jay_ray

Hopefully it involves Jurrasic LARP and we see Patrick dressed in a dino suit (tail and all) and Ryan as Dr. Alan Grant.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By Dagbiker
No Caption Provided

@TooWalrus said:

Probably some kind of prehistoric bird. Patrick's been nursing a mysterious ancient egg in his hair for the past few months. It's probably going to hatch soon.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah I can't wait for this. I had the Jurassic Park game for the SNES with the first person sections. My favorite thing to do was to blast the raptors in the visitor center with the gas. But it was mad scary because I had never played many games in first person and when those raptors woke up, watch the fuck out. Also, it was funny seeing myself get trampled by a triceratops.

I also had the Jurassic Park game for the Game Boy and was very similar to the SNES one with the top down view going on.

Then there was the PlayStation game for the Lost World, didn't play it but it was my main reason for wanting a Playstation, the graphics looked incredible to me at the time.

Then there was Trespasser which I hope they play, probably won't get to it this time around. But I remember being excited for it but my computer just could not play that mess. It was cool with the physics and think a game with exploration like that, in the vein of skyrim, but to survive the trek through the island would be cool. That said, why don't they make a Skyrim expansion or Elder Scrolls game where you go to a part of the world that has dinosaurs as the fauna and that's the main difference.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Azurath

So, what is going on in the stream? Any word on the stream being archived for non-subscribers?

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Lord_Xp

I remember playing Jurassic Park on the Playstation 1. I would just use cheat codes and be a velociraptor and just kill people all the time. I knew I should have upgraded the other day to the premium membership.

Bubbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bubbly

@Azurath said:

So, what is going on in the stream? Any word on the stream being archived for non-subscribers?

This particular piece of content is for premium members only. It will be archived on the site, but only premium members will be able to access it.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Can we replace Ryan with Vinny next time.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Azurath

@MODernChris: Ugh, I guess it's time for me to cough up the money for a membership.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By toowalrus

@Dagbiker said:

No Caption Provided

@TooWalrus said:

...I miss Sazh. Everyone seemed to like XIII-2 more than the first but me? Snow, Fang, Sazh, those guys were way more fun to watch than Serah and Noel.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By toowalrus

Here:

Visual Approximation - Jurassic Lark
Visual Approximation - Jurassic Lark