Just traded in a bunch of games at local game store.how did I do?

doerr007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I had a bunch of games just sitting in storage bins and not being played majority being gamecube few ps2 and ps3. Notable titles included Fire Emblem for Gamecube which they sell for $180. Skies of Arcadia:Legends, Ikaruga. The zelda master disc and anthology disc as well as windwaker.

Resident Evil series on gamecube

Unopened launch halo 2 and unopened launch ico. Killer 7 the viewtiful joe series and more.

I took $740 credit instead of $400 cash that way ps5 is paid for.

Prices in Canadian

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

If you're never going to play those games again, I'd say you did good. What are you going to buy with your store credit?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3 fisk0  Moderator

Personally I've regretted every single trade-in I've ever done, but I assume you know yourself best and won't actually miss any of these games.

doerr007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to get Ps5 pro with the credit. As I was going to buy one anyway and a 4k tv at launch anyway now I can just use what I was going to spend on the tv and xbox scarlett.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

As was said, if you turned stuff taking up space into money, that’s good!

I bought my Xbox One, a few games, and an extra controller using all Best Buy credit, so I know that can add-up.

As for seller’s regret, I’ve sold nearly every physical game I’ve purchased. No regrets. The few I REALLY wanted to keep, I have.

These days, I buy digital and wait for sales (too many games, anyhow, I’ll always have a backlog). So I can keep them, as long as existing storefronts don’t go sideways, and not clutter my house with plastic.

If I lose access to my stuff because Sony, Valve, Microsoft, or whoever experiences interruption or closure...I guess that’s the risk, but I’m taking it and at peace with it.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As someone who buys as many games physically as they can, so I can sell them off for 60/75% back, I feel you

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've never understood the appeal of collectors of unopened games so if you got a premium price for them I'd say you did well.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you do you, but I've always found that selling the games myself is a much better value than going through gamestop or other used stores that do trade ins. Especially if you aren't in a hurry, using ebay or mercari or something else will get you some more money. Just some food for thought.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I buy all my games as physical, try to play them in two weeks and then sell them on the local buy/trade website for like 10 bucks off and it usually goes within a day or two.

Closest I've found to renting after all the rental stores shut down this decade.

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You did rather well for only a handful of games. Other Than Skies of Arcadia, that game is harder and harder to find these days so that game likely will go be worth more in the coming years when more people are collecting for the Gamecube.