Killzone 2 over Residence 2 this Holiday

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

This is only my Opinion but i think Sony is making a little mistake pushing Residence2 over Killzone 2 this . From everything i have seen from Killzone so far it looks like its going to meet my expectations in every way. Granted there is no true way of knowing until i have the game in my hands, but my gut is telling me that its going to be FUCKING  amazing and my gut is usually right on the money. Residence 2 i feel needs more time in the oven. it doesn't look vary impressive and even with 60 player online the Beta footage and the single player trailers I have seen so far just makes the game look so sub par. I just got done watching the new Multiplayer trailer for Killzone 2 and i still haven't picked my jaw up off the floor. It would seem that Guerilla is mixing the best of both COD4 and Team Fortress 2 into its multiplayer offering for Killzone. Residence just seems like it was developed of the last generation of consoles and just looked vary dated in terms of gameplay and graphics. Any one else feel this way? Or am I in the minority?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

... You're wrong on so many points, I am sorry. :P

FIRST of all. Killzone 2 is not coming the holiday, its coming four months after Resistance 2...

Secondly, the reason they pushed back Killzone 2 was NOT because of it being not ready, or anything like that. It was because it's a stupid move to have two triple A titles at the same time out, obviously. And of course they want to save the better game for last. Just think about it. People would still be hooked on KZ2 by the time R2 comes out, and R2 would then not hit as strong sales. Therefore the choice for KZ2 in 09 was a decision not made for the better of the game, but a business decision.

Hope you get that. But yeah, I agree KZ2 looks better then R2, but then again one is coming 4 months before the other, and we are getting both really great games so whatever.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Jackel2072

Yeah i know all that. sorry if i wasn't clear. I'm simply saying that i feel KZ2 would have more stopping power this holiday then R2 would. I think R2 should be pushed back and KZ2 should be moved to this Holiday. R2 just looks yesterdays bread compared to Killzone 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly, thats my point. Why would they do that? Just think about it... People get KZ2 in the holidays, then they look at R2 in early 09 and they think 'well ill stick with KZ2', since it is generally a better looking game. But if you switch that around, people buy R2, then look at KZ2 and say 'I need that!' and buy it too. Therefore instead of someone spending just 60 bucks on one game, they will spend 120 bucks for two games.

It's all in the marketing and business side of things.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Jackel2072 said:
"

This is only my Opinion but i think Sony is making a little mistake pushing Residence2 over Killzone 2 this .

"

Residence? Is that like the Sims?