#52  Edited By RoyCampbell
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By MysteriousBob

I want it remade because I just can't get past FFVIIs horrendous graphics. I'm not exaggerating when I say its the ugliest game I've ever seen in my life. Honestly, it looks like it was made with Net Yaroze.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By oraknabo

Look, I'm not trying to troll here, but it seems strange to me that people want this game remade so bad. I seems like a huge admission of how flawed the original is. 

I love a lot of old games because they are so perfect as they are and remaking them is not going to help in any way. I don't need any of the Mario or Zelda or Metroid games to be remade. I don't need a remake of any Dragon Quest game (though I'm glad 5 was released for DS), I don't need one for Fallout or Earthbound or Another World or Flashback or Deus Ex or System Shock 2 or any number of "outdated" games I respect.

What I do spend my time hoping for is more new games like RE4, PoP:Sands of time, DQ VIII and GTA3 that advance their franchises and take them in new directions.

The Wii Silent Hill game doesn't change my opinion of Silent Hill, The GameCube remake of of MGS didn't change my love for MGS in any way The "remake" of Tenchu for Wii was in no way better than the original, even though From Software hired the original developers to make it. The remake of Bionic Commando is incredible, but it didn't make me feel any different about the NES one. The same goes for Monkey Island.

Why the hell is there such a clamor for a remake of this one game? I can only think that it's because its fans have some kind of shame over its flaws that they think will somehow be corrected by a remake.

All that said, I'd be perfectly happy to play the Black Mesa mod for HL2, but that's because it's a mod. I would consider it a huge waste of time for Valve to remake Half-Life.
Informant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Informant

Tell Wada I'm waiting for Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana 5.

Man I really wanna send Kojima a brofist right now.
QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By QuistisTrepe
@SethPhotopoulos said:
@QuistisTrepe said:
@Bloviator said:

@QuistisTrepe: FF7 is one of my favorite games of all time, and I've never bought a spinoff of it unless you consider Kingdom Hearts which had some of the FF7 characters.  BTW, I like FF8 a lot too as I notice your avatar.

FFVIII was pretty good, for a FF game. Other than VI and VIII, the rest of the series can burn for all I care. It's a shame that Tidus of FFX was wasted on a terrible game, he was arguably the best male lead character in the entire franchise. 
Those sound more like opinions than fact.
I'd call them empirical facts.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By KaosAngel

Nomura wouldn't be able to do it...he has his full team on Versus XIII and then they're making Kingdom Hearts III.

FF7 Remake would be at least 2017 if Nomura was to make it.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By dungbootle

surewhynot

Tephranis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Tephranis

Finding this thread in 2021... Heheh.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

As if Square would remake FFVII

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wild that the game turned out well enough to end up on peoples top ten lists last year!