Avatar image for toojiujittoquit
TooJiuJitToQuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TooJiuJitToQuit

Yes, I understand that TOR is the next old republic game and they have been quoted saying it will be "kotor 4,5,6, and 7", but will there be a real sequel to Kotor 2? and by real sequel I mean turn based, story oriented, and following the same timeline as Kotor and Kotor 2. Lucas Arts and Obsidian have both expressed interest in making one. Thoughts?

PS: I am sorry if this thread had already been created previously

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Not in the foreseeable future.

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By theoldhouse

Really unlikely. Unless Bioware decide to get some other developer to make it.

I think I might have to try out the Old Republic as my first MMO.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By devilzrule27

It's been what 7 years since Kotor 2 came out? 9 years since BioWare released a Kotor game? I think its safe to say that there wont be a Kotor 3 and that totally sucks. However SWTOR has some good stories in it and I think is worth playing. I pretty much play it as a solo game.

OldSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OldSnake

I doubt it... especially since TOR seems to conclude the stories of Revan and Bastila (as well as the Exile)

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Animasta

@OldSnake said:

I doubt it... especially since TOR seems to conclude the stories of Revan and Bastila (as well as the Exile)

there's a book that straight up tells you what happens to the exile and revan after KOTOR 2.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By triviaman09

Sadly, it seems unlikely. The only way I could see it happening is if TOR bombed hard and that seems unlikely. Even then, EA would probably interpret it as "people don't like the Old Republic universe" and would shy away from a KOTOR 3. If TOR does well, they're going to put all their resources into expanding that because that's going to be way more lucrative than KOTOR 3 ever would be.

I've resigned myself to reading about what happens in each of the TOR storylines (information I haven't been able to find yet, weirdly). I have zero interest in playing an MMO or paying a monthly fee to play an MMO in a janky, single-player way.

Now I'm sad.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By _Zombie_

TOR's pretty much it for a long time.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By kindgineer

I highly doubt with the outcomes and content in some of the class story lines in SW:TOR. Hell, some of them even feel like a proper KOTOR3 with the ability to play it with others.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

Lucas Arts has the star wars license on a tight leash, they probably said OK to the MMO because they probably know the potential revenue if the game is highly successful and it seems to be paying off so far.

ick_bop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ick_bop

@Marz:

Yeah, TOR was pretty much the only way to get 'BioWare' on something related to KOTOR.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By damswedon

It was in development then cancelled so a book was written instead.

In the book the Jedi exile teams up with Revan to and a Sith to kill the Sith Emperor. The Sith that they team up with betrays them and kills stabs the Jedi Exile in the back. Revan is then put in captivity until the events of The Old Republic.

Fuck this whole series.

CrashBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CrashBomber

Kotor 1 and 2 were D&D games. Nobody wants D&D games anymore. :(

Also this: http://kleptok-was-right.ytmnd.com/

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#14  Edited By Little_Socrates

I do not think that it is a bad thing that there will be no sequel to KOTOR. Those games do not age particularly well when compared to any BioWare game released before or after it. Except Jade Empire, I guess.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By owack6

KOTOR has a sequel its called Mass Effect, Bioware isn't going to make another single player RPG set in space when they have that it just doesn't make sense.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By zeforgotten

I'm playing through SWTORs questlines as if it was Knights of the Old Republic III: Why So Sithious? (terrible joke, I know)  
With a bunch of awesome refernces to the old kotor games it brings it all together real nicely... Corellia made me emotional, and made me miss Jolee Bindo. 
He did it all for the Wookies

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#17  Edited By ArbitraryWater

KotOR III will come out around the same time as Shenmue III, for a multitude of reasons. Bioware already has their own original sci-fi IP, TOR is apparently a worthy enough replacement despite being a MMO, the first game honestly doesn't hold up that well, the second never held up in the first place, and we all know that if it were to be made it would be a soul crushing disappointment.

RickJames123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RickJames123

Someone said Obisidian is interested, if that's the case than forget about it. Fucking pieces of shit butchered Fallout, and I'd rather not let them get ahold of Kotor. But regardless, ney, the dumbass mmo killed it off. Of which isn't looking too bad, and Bioware has ME3 coming out in a couple months, which should be good, if not better, than Kotor in general.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@RickJames123 The guys at Obsidian are the ones who invented Fallout. New Vegas was actually a proper Fallout game whereas Fallout 3 was the Elder Scrolls with vault boy.
RickJames123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RickJames123

@Brodehouse: I'm well aware of the fact they made Fallout. More than, but that doesn't Justify them into making a shitty game

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jay444111

@RickJames123 said:

@Brodehouse: I'm well aware of the fact they made Fallout. More than, but that doesn't Justify them into making a shitty game

Yet it is the best fallout game made yet. Best story, and best gameplay of the ENTIRE series, while the glitches at first were bad, the patches it has now actually make it more stable then fallout 3 EVER was.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By mikemcn

No because Bioware decided a reskinned WOW mmo was enough to finish the story.

RickJames123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RickJames123

@Jay444111:

This is true in some aspects, but in others is not. First off, New Vegas didn't really give me that post apocalyptic feeling that 3 did. It gave me somewhat of a western feeling, of which was shitty imo. Another, the glitches/lagging, like you said, is another reason why the game was terrible. Although it was patched over time, it killed off alot of players. And Obsidian didn't really do too much with the games looks, as it is just a copy and paste of FO3 with a couple new additions. I'm not saying New Vegas was awful, but it had room for improvement.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@RickJames123: Maybe you should play Fallout 1 and 2. New Vegas was much closer to what the Fallout games are supposed to be than 3 was.. and it was all round just a much better game.

Most of the problems from the game came from Bethesda putting restrictions on what they could do, like increase the difficulty and get rid of the quest arrow, etc.

They were also rushed to release it, because Bethesda wanted a sequel out quickly, and the main team was of course busy making Skyrim. Obsidian seem to suffer perpetually from this problem.. They're wasted with doing nothing but making quick and dirty sequels.

RickJames123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RickJames123

@WinterSnowblind: Yeah, but I don't think a majority of gamers want to play a 10 year old, 2d game in order to get the full experience. And I don't get how it's rushed, being that Obisidian worked on it and not Bethesda game studios, and was in development for 2 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@RickJames123: Has nothing to do with 'the full experience' it has to do with the actual Fallout experience. Fallout 3 is a complete anomaly as far as the fiction is concerned.

And as for 'post-apocalyptic' there's nothing 'post' about Fallout 3. Bethesda acts like the bombs dropped the day before you got out of the Vault.

This isn't relevant to the KOTOR3 thing... As for that, play the Flashpoint "Maelstrom Prison" (on the Republic side). Maelstrom Prison is exactly what KOTOR3 would be. And from the spoilers after it I've read, it goes incredible places. If you play this game like co-op KOTOR, you'll have a great time (it does take a while to get to it, it's still extremely long).

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@RickJames123 said:

Someone said Obisidian is interested, if that's the case than forget about it. Fucking pieces of shit butchered Fallout

Hahahaha, you do know that there were fallout games before Fallout 3 (three) right? And if you think they butchered it, you don't know shit.