Looking for games to play with my girlfriend while I travel

kdenicolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders,

I'm currently out of town on work and me and my girlfriend are looking for some games that we could play together while I am away. I have my desktop iMac that is current and powerful, and she has a much older macbook pro from I think 2013 or 2014, so she doesn't have much to work with. So I'm looking for something that isn't too demanding of our hardware and mac compatible. I am an avid gamer but she is sort of new to the whole thing. I tried playing Super Mario World with her and it was too much. I was honestly thinking of something like Minecraft because its noncompetitive and involves a lot of exploration, creation, discovery, and can be good for interacting with another person. Do you guys know any other games in this vein that would be easy, social, and engaging with someone who doesn't play a lot of games? Any help in this direction would be greatly appreciated.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We had a TON of fun with Terraria, but it does get pretty intense once you actually start trying to do things in the game, so it might be too much (my girlfriend sounds like she is a bit more of an avid gamer than yours, and even I at times found myself being like "You just...stand over here for am minute while I do this thing.") Still, might be worth looking into, in the same vein as Minecraft.

What about something like Stardew Valley? I know that their multiplayer is still just in Beta, but I believe it's free and that's just about as carefree as you can get. We also had a lot of fun with Diablo 3, as on it's normal difficulty it's really not all that intensive and it's fun to feel kind of all powerful. Dunno, if any of those are helpful, but I'm basically always trying to find something my S.O. and I can play together so if I think of anything else that is slipping my mind I'll let you know.

kdenicolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: Hey thanks man, much appreciated. Yea I actually think I will try Stardew and Diablo. I love both those games. Might just be a little trial and error until we find the right thing. I'll let you know if I have any success in this department too!