Looking for modern military rts game

Darian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm looking for a modern military rts game that has pretty good graphics of course they don't have to be very good and I don't want the game to be too hard and I want to be able to see the battle as it happens like in company of heroes and at least some sort of multiplayer aspect to it

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Go here then look for the modern stuff.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darian05: World in Conflict is great and quick to u

Besides, there is this game called R.U.S.E. that was pretty decent. I didn't play a huge amount but it still holds up pretty well. It also has some fairly large battles.

Both games are fairly cheap, if you have like 20 USD to spend get them.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

Eugen Systems have released several pretty highly regarded ones in the last few years.

There's the Wargame series (Airland Battle, European Escalation and Red Dragon) and Act of Aggression (spiritual successor to their C&C Generals inspired Act of War games from the mid 00's).

I found the Wargame series kinda hard though and it lacks traditional base building mechanics, so that may not be up your alley.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

Call to Arms is a pretty solid modern warfare RTS by some of the Men of War people. Lots of destructible cover and a huge variety of weapons/vehicles. The multiplayer is going to be real stressful/hard (And the game is still in beta so finding a match is hard.) but the singleplayer is fun and you can take it at your own pace.

I would also second the Wargame recommendation, no base-building but every modern weapon system you can imagine is in that game.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By fatalbanana

+1 for World in Conflict also if your a C&C kind of RTS player Grey Goo was pretty decent.