Memory Lane: Deadly Premonition ED

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone, I really just wanted to say something that I’m enjoying quite a bit, and that is revisiting the dual endurance runs for Deadly Premonition from forever ago. I actually started this a while ago, before the news of Vinny, Alex and Brad’s departures. While Alex wasn’t in them, you do get to experience all four of the original members experiencing the same baffling game in its entirety, and it’s great nostalgia, especially now. And for those that never watched it, man, are you in for a treat.

I didn’t have anything to expand upon for that, just thought that others may enjoy it in this trying time.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oops, the title was meant to be ER, not ED. ED is my own problem.

tdous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By tdous

@tartyron said:

Hey everyone, I really just wanted to say something that I’m enjoying quite a bit, and that is revisiting the dual endurance runs for Deadly Premonition from forever ago. I actually started this a while ago, before the news of Vinny, Alex and Brad’s departures. While Alex wasn’t in them, you do get to experience all four of the original members experiencing the same baffling game in its entirety, and it’s great nostalgia, especially now. And for those that never watched it, man, are you in for a treat.

I didn’t have anything to expand upon for that, just thought that others may enjoy it in this trying time.

I started rewatching it (again... 3rd time I think) just last week. Classic. The show, not the game.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also started a rewatch when episodes 1 of DP VJ and BR popped up on the “This Day in Giant Bomb History” timeline a few weeks ago. I more listen than watch while I’m at work or doing other things. The chemistry on these videos is so good.

NoPantsNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still very grateful the GB crew played this. After one or two episodes I was fascinated with this game and stopped watching the endurance run.
Months later when the game finally came out here in Europe I played Deadly Premonition to completion - three times. Up until now the only XBox 360 game I've 1000 gamer points.
I really love Deadly Premonition!

When I finally completed the game I watched both endurance runs and loved every minute of it.

Thanks Brad, Vinny, Ryan and Jeff for showing me this gem of a game!

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Erectile Dysfunction was the deadliest premonition all along.

But for real, that and the persona 4 ER has a special place in my heart that I just rewatch every few years.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe the best thing that Giant Bomb ever produced. The idea was sheer madness (TWO playthroughs of the same weird game at the same time on the same website) and the execution was sheer perfection.

The crazy thing is that both playthroughs are worth watching even if you've seen the other. I think the idea was people would pick one or the other but I think many of us just picked both. Seeing the ways the two pairs reacted differently and the same to the same content, and how they approached it was just fascinating. And both were entertaining as hell!

I remember refreshing the page waiting for the next episodes to drop. Transfixing stuff.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

God, I guess I should rewatch that during the downtime in the next month.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maybe the best thing that Giant Bomb ever produced. The idea was sheer madness (TWO playthroughs of the same weird game at the same time on the same website) and the execution was sheer perfection.

The crazy thing is that both playthroughs are worth watching even if you've seen the other. I think the idea was people would pick one or the other but I think many of us just picked both. Seeing the ways the two pairs reacted differently and the same to the same content, and how they approached it was just fascinating. And both were entertaining as hell!

I remember getting the game myself because of these playthroughs, and trying to stay ahead of them so I wouldn't get the game spoiled too much. Obviously it's not a very linear game, so I didn't always succeed... but playing it myself and then seeing how each team reacted to the situations I just played was very enjoyable when I did get it right :)

svengoolie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went nuts watching them fail to fight those ladies that crawl along the ceiling. It would go on and on and on and then Brad would pull a Brad again. It was great how annoyed Ryan got.