Metal Gear!?!: Tactical E3 Action

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

Edited By ImperiousRix

Just a quick blog here giving my impressions regarding the duo of MGS games announced at this years E3.  As a somewhat closet fan of Metal Gear (ok, I've only played Snake Eater and Portable Ops, but I've followed the story since MGS1), I must say that what little was shown of both these games has gotten me pretty dang excited:

Metal Gear Solid: Rising
With all the speculation, I awaited with bated breath for what seemed like the inevitable port of MGS4 to the Xbox 360.  Then, as Kojima walked onto the stage at the MS

Center Mass...
Center Mass...
press conference and started talking, all my hopes were suddenly... dashed.  No port, but an all new adventure featuring Raiden.  *shrugs* I'll take it.  Hell, I feel as if this is a win-win situation, as PS3 owners can still take solace that Solid Snake's home is still with Sony, and Xbox 360 owners FINALLY get some MGS to call their own (ok, it'll probably come out for PS3 and PC as well, but shush).  We can only speculate what the final game will be, with the common theory that it'll play like Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry and take place before/after the events of MGS4.  I'm still hoping that some element of stealth will be implemented, but hey, it's METAL GEAR!  FOR 360!  I'm getting it either way.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Perhaps the MGS I'm MOST excited for (partially because they actually showed what the game looks like) is the new PSP iteration of MGS.  Peace Walker looks to be taking place following Portable Ops and is the continuing saga of Big Boss as his path inevitable takes us to the first Metal Gear game.  Again, not much actually shown, but a
It's like some bad fan fic... but AWESOME!
trailer, and the trailer looks BADASS.  Looks to be more excellent portable Metal Gear with what looks like, a multiplayer mode where everyone plays as Snake?!  What?  Well, they haven't said what that means, but I'm guessing some form of cooperative stealth action is included.  Time to dust of the Playstation Portable.

So that's my two cents.  With these two announcments already, I wouldn't put it past Kojima to announce something else, but I'm satisfied with a very Metal Gear-ful E3.  Thoughts?  Concerns?  I'd like to hear what everybody else speculates and/or what their reactions to these games is.

Oh, and one more thing. BLAM!
ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ImperiousRix

Just a quick blog here giving my impressions regarding the duo of MGS games announced at this years E3.  As a somewhat closet fan of Metal Gear (ok, I've only played Snake Eater and Portable Ops, but I've followed the story since MGS1), I must say that what little was shown of both these games has gotten me pretty dang excited:

Metal Gear Solid: Rising
With all the speculation, I awaited with bated breath for what seemed like the inevitable port of MGS4 to the Xbox 360.  Then, as Kojima walked onto the stage at the MS

Center Mass...
Center Mass...
press conference and started talking, all my hopes were suddenly... dashed.  No port, but an all new adventure featuring Raiden.  *shrugs* I'll take it.  Hell, I feel as if this is a win-win situation, as PS3 owners can still take solace that Solid Snake's home is still with Sony, and Xbox 360 owners FINALLY get some MGS to call their own (ok, it'll probably come out for PS3 and PC as well, but shush).  We can only speculate what the final game will be, with the common theory that it'll play like Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry and take place before/after the events of MGS4.  I'm still hoping that some element of stealth will be implemented, but hey, it's METAL GEAR!  FOR 360!  I'm getting it either way.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Perhaps the MGS I'm MOST excited for (partially because they actually showed what the game looks like) is the new PSP iteration of MGS.  Peace Walker looks to be taking place following Portable Ops and is the continuing saga of Big Boss as his path inevitable takes us to the first Metal Gear game.  Again, not much actually shown, but a
trailer, and the trailer looks BADASS.  Looks to be more excellent portable Metal Gear with what looks like, a multiplayer mode where everyone plays as Snake?!  What?  Well, they haven't said what that means, but I'm guessing some form of cooperative stealth action is included.  Time to dust of the Playstation Portable.

So that's my two cents.  With these two announcments already, I wouldn't put it past Kojima to announce something else, but I'm satisfied with a very Metal Gear-ful E3.  Thoughts?  Concerns?  I'd like to hear what everybody else speculates and/or what their reactions to these games is.

Oh, and one more thing. BLAM!
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FCKSNAP

I was disappointed to be honest. No more Metal Gear AC!D are you serious!? There's still TGS, though. Also Metal Gear Arcade, I honestly thought MGO was going to be an XBLA title or something at the very least and not an real arcade port.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Metal Gear Solid: Rising will most likely play like that minigame in the dream sequence in MGS3 you know the one where you just cut dudes up?

Anyways, MGS: Peace Walker is also the one I'm most excited for just because of (what looks like) multiplayer co-op action.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImperiousRix
@TheMustacheHero said:
"Metal Gear Solid: Rising will most likely play like that minigame in the dream sequence in MGS3 you know the one where you just cut dudes up?Anyways, MGS: Peace Walker is also the one I'm most excited for just because of (what looks like) multiplayer co-op action."

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot.  Hmmm, if they refined that and added some story/persistance, I'd play that.  And yeah, you gotta believe that's what the whole four Snakes thing was.  Seems like a pretty insane idea.