Misogyny and Game Woman - Double Standards "equality" debate...

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#201  Edited By JasonR86

@flindip said:

@bwheeeler said:

I hate these topics, because they get absolutely nowhere. People yell TOMB RAIDER IS KINDA SEXIST! and then other people yell YOU'RE RIDICULOUS FOR THINKING TOMB RAIDER IS KINDA SEXIST! and that repeats for like 400 posts because everyone has to say their variation of one or the other.

Cool!

Its because most people, in any contested subject matter, want validation. Not discourse(because that requires thinking, and compromise).

Welcome to the planet Earth.

Yeah Jerk!

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#202  Edited By huntad

Hey guys and gals, I just play video games. I dunno anything!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#203  Edited By LiquidPrince

@flindip said:

@bwheeeler said:

I hate these topics, because they get absolutely nowhere. People yell TOMB RAIDER IS KINDA SEXIST! and then other people yell YOU'RE RIDICULOUS FOR THINKING TOMB RAIDER IS KINDA SEXIST! and that repeats for like 400 posts because everyone has to say their variation of one or the other.

Cool!

Its because most people, in any contested subject matter, want validation. Not discourse(because that requires thinking, and compromise).

Welcome to the planet Earth.

If you're referring to me, I didn't post this for validation. Almost nothing said in this thread could sway my opinion on the matter, unless someone happened to make a super salient point that I had never thought about. That hasn't really been the case so far. It was more of a way for me to vent. Also the discussion that Tomb Raider was sexist was far outweighing the argument that it wasn't, so I thought to throw my two cents in.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#204  Edited By flindip

@LiquidPrince:

I wasn't referring to anybody. I was making a general observation.