MMO Noob (Warhammer online)

Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Steve_Ramirez

I loved Final Fantasy 11, played the beta for a while on the Xbox 360. I really liked the fact that I could level up my character by myself. I don't like the whole "party" or "guild" aspect to MMOs. What I'm saying is, does Warhammer offer quests or random NPCs that I can kill and collect itmes and gold etc.? I enjoy that aspect very much. I don't want to be forced to find guilds (MMO version of clans) just  to play the game and level up.

trebert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By trebert

Sounds like you want an jrpg more then an mmorpg. clans and the MMO aspect to mmorpg is the point of playing a mmorpg. if you want to solo and pve just go play a single player rpg. you could pvp well solo in the game but you would be stuck pugging and wouldnt enjoy it 1/2 as nearly as much w/o a clan

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By xxNBxx

If you like RvR ( aka PvP) then you can play Warhammer and still collect items and gold.  you don't have to group with anyone in Warhammer as long as you understand your never going to get to see everything the game has to offer.  If you don't like PvP then i agree with Trebert, just get an rpg and get loot and gold by yourself.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By coakroach

I think Age of Conan has a solid single player experience from what I've heard, with very little focus on group content
Warhammer Online is all RvR meaning that teamwork and therefore socializing is required
Theres also plenty of single player stuff for WoW

Frankly though, if your playing an MMO to be alone you may as well eat chocolate cake to lose weight

roblopez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By roblopez

First of all, you shouldn't be playing MMO's if you like to play solo. I mean, why pay a monthly fee to play a Massively Multiplayer game? When you could easily do quests and collect items in single player games like Oblivion and The Witcher and you'll get better storytelling and better graphics with nobody bothering you.

BUT! if you still want to play Warhammer, yes you can play solo and still enjoy the game. The game has regular PVE quests that are pretty fun and don't involve grinding at all and also the PVP aspect can be soloed completely. You can join public quests without entering a party, you just walk there and you're in and you still can get awesome items and you can join PVP instances without a party and smash some stunties without a problem.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By OGCartman

O yah dont worry, you can definately solo your way.
Im not in a guild, will join one when my sorcerrer is level 40.

Dont worry, WAR is easier to solo than most MMOs

But if you want to have the most fun with it, join a guild and make some friends.