Molyneux- Spin genius, or Troll?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Jayge_

This is related to the recent information out of the IGN Preview for Fable 2, in which Hillary Goldstein states that Peter Molyneux had Fable II Pub Games glitch intentionally, and that the super-rich will be "surprised" in-game.

This leads to two possibilities: Molyneux is a giant dick/troll, or his PR people are golden.

The first possibility is obvious, let me explain the second to you. In list form.

1. Pub Games outsourced, not tested enough, has a large glitch.
  2. Lionhead freaks out. They were hoping to use Pub Games as another way of earning money in F2, at the most. It was of minor importance to them.
  3. Lionhead decides they will try working on a patch. Discovers patch would take too much work.
  4. Lionhead goes out and changes Fable II instead, adding yet another consequence (a system of code already in place) for the incredibly rich upon their transfer of gold to Fable characters.
  5. Super rich people who earned money legitimately are screwed. People who glitched are screwed. Lionhead catches flak, but at least Fable II economy isn't totally broken (arguably).
I'm of the opinion that the series of events is more resembling of the latter possibility.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kmdrkul

I think the man is a genius, but that is voided by the fact that he has totally let it get to his head.  His games are great, yes, but far from the second coming of Christ.  I don't believe for a second that the Pub Games' glitch was intentional; I think you are right when you said his PR people are golden, only I personally think they are a bit over their heads with trying to make us actually believe their crap.

That being said, still buying Fable 2 :D

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jayge_
kmdrkul said:
"That being said, still buying Fable 2 :D"
Oh definitely. The rest of the preview was great XD

I just wish they'd come out and say it though; but I always wish people would do that. Nobody ever does.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush

I am kind of on the middle between both options. I do lean towards it all being some PR spin, but I can't think it would be some code that screws all the users who got rich in Pubs Game (even legitimately). Though it very well could be that way since I don't think anyone could really get rich in the game legitimately.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yeah, the Pub Games glitch is just too weird for me to believe that it was intentional.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I still can't think of what they would do to people who glitched. Put you in debt to goblins? Regardless, I got a handfull of pub Game achievements I probably would never have gotten if there hadn't be a glitch so hurrah!

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vaxadrin

Are you honestly questioning if the Molynator is a spin genius?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayge_
Vaxadrin said:
"Are you honestly questioning if the Molynator is a spin genius?"
That, is a feature that my PR police are *not* allowing me to speak about... much.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By pause422

They definitely glitched that intentionally, I don't care what someone would tried to claim.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
pause422 said:
"They definitely glitched that intentionally, I don't care what someone would tried to claim."
You're... serious?
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rowr

ewwww pub games.

I doubt i will play them in the game, I dont know why anyone would bother before hand.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Player1

I would wait half a day to put my game in, and if it screws the cheaters, then just delete your fable 2 pub games save file. Problem solved. 

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Dalai

Sorry, but Molyneux and "genius" should never be in the same sentence... except for this one.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayge_
Dalai said:
"Sorry, but Molyneux and "genius" should never be in the same sentence... except for this one."
No opinion then?
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rowr
Dalai said:
"Sorry, but Molyneux and "genius" should never be in the same sentence... except for this one."
Your wrong!

Peter Molyneux = Genius.

The problem is, he is such a genius, that the full extent of his brilliance can never be translated into one game.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jayge_
Rowr said:
"Dalai said:
Your wrong!

Peter Molyneux = Genius.

The problem is, he is such a genius, that the full extent of his brilliance can never be translated into one game."
And as such, must be continued into Fable 4, 5, and 6. Which he already has planned out, apparently.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rowr
Jayge said:
"Rowr said:
"Dalai said:
Your wrong!

Peter Molyneux = Genius.

The problem is, he is such a genius, that the full extent of his brilliance can never be translated into one game."
And as such, must be continued into Fable 4, 5, and 6. Which he already has planned out, apparently."
Exactly. Too much Genius.

Imagine the idea's flying around in his head for those games.