Most Profitable game for the rest of 2008

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By giyanks22

What Game do you think will sell the most for the rest of 2008. Here are a few suggestions, but you can chose off the list.

Gears of War II  
Final Fantasy XIII
Starcraft II
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Force Unleashed
Call of Duty World at War
Fracture
Fable II
Tom Clancy's Endwar

I think Starcraft II will sell the most, because Blizzard games don't have high requirements to play, and since it is PC it will do well. People who played Starcraft are dying to play this game, and I think it will sell very well. The only game to combat it is probably Gears of War 2.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

You can take the single console exclusive titles like Gears of War II and Fable II off that list immediately.  It'll probably end up being Force Unleashed, if only because it's a Star Wars game coming out on every platform imaginable. 

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

Might as well take off Starcraft 2, let's be honest and say it isn't coming out in 2008.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Gears 2 sinse well, from a buyer standpoint will sell well over 4 million units in NA alone

and BTW FF13 will move 0 units as its not coming out this year

BionicIguana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BionicIguana

You are asking 2 different questions here, what will sell most and what will turn the most profit.   Not necessarily gonna be the same answer.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By suneku

Yeah SC2 and FFXIII aren't coming this year

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By giyanks22
Vinchenzo said:
"Might as well take off Starcraft 2, let's be honest and say it isn't coming out in 2008."

Um... three major retailers I think Target, Wallmart, and Gamestop all have Starcraft II listed for release in Dec. 2008.

viraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By viraj

starcraft II,cod 4 and gta 4

Wario54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wario54

Gears of War II 

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LouChou

GOW2 all the way.

PC games don't sell well, by any sort of industry standard. If anything they're really suffering. Especially stacked against console releases.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo
giyanks22 said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Might as well take off Starcraft 2, let's be honest and say it isn't coming out in 2008."

Um... three major retailers I think Target, Wallmart, and Gamestop all have Starcraft II listed for release in Dec. 2008.

"
But if you know Blizzard, then you realize dates are never set until the game has gone gold. Retail stores always throw up dates for games whether they are confirmed or not, especially Gamestop.
CrimsonSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CrimsonSnake

I'm expecting Gears of War II to do very well but I think LittleBigPlanet will be a big hit for Sony.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By kush

I think Gear 2 may have a good shot for games that haven't come out yet (but coming out in 2008)...though games like Force Unleashed and COD: WaW may be the big games just because they are being released on everything.

Guild_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Guild_Master

Gears of War 2 all the way, then there is Little Big Planet an the Force Unleashed.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By giyanks22

Well the thing is Force Unleashed will do well just because it's Star Wars. COD WaW will do well even if it sucks, because of how good Call of Duty 3 is. I think Gears of War II will be the best game of 08 even better than GTA IV and MGS4, so it should deserve the success, but I think Starcraft II is just too popular. You have no idea how many people love Starcraft II, and it appeals to all ages. I have been playing it since elementary school. We'll see and find out.

RowdyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By RowdyRob

Wii Fit... >_>

Out of that list, I'd say Gears 2.

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LouChou

If we're talking the whole year then it's gotta be GTA4. I mean, it broke entertainment records. Not just gaming, but entertainment industry records.

Frostbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Frostbyte

Gears of War II.  The first sold exceptionally well, and there is no reason for this one not to.

ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ElBarto

World of Warcraft

harrydemeanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By harrydemeanor

Gears of War II and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed both have the opportunity to rake in tons of cash this year. If I had to pick one, I'd say Gears of War II no doubt.

1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 1st

Gears of War 2

SlimDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SlimDogg

I would prob have to say Gears Of  War 2. Since we know Starcraft is not coming in 08.

veiledmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By veiledmuffin

GTA4, even though it isn't on the list.  It's multiplatform, plus it's a GTA game.

Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kr3lian

I hate to say it, but Wii Sports is probably going to sell the most.  If you don't count pack-ins, it will still probably be some other Wii game.  Now that is an inconvenient truth.

Actually, it could be a multi-platform game like Star Wars, but I honestly don't think that will put up all that amazing of sales figures.

GTA4 did really well, but it has already stopped selling.  I don't even think it will finish top 3.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By tec3297

I say Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.  I think that it appeals to more of a wider audience than Gears of War 2 or Call of Duty: World at War.

Met2609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Met2609

I'm gonna say Force Unleashed because the license is so well known and it's basically on every platform under the sun...

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RVonE

Force Unleashed has a good chance because it will be out on so many platforms. Starcraft II is also a good candidate if the whole of South Korea buys it--not unlikely :).

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By timeshero

Spore?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vinchenzo
giyanks22 said:
"Well the thing is Force Unleashed will do well just because it's Star Wars. COD WaW will do well even if it sucks, because of how good Call of Duty 3 is. I think Gears of War II will be the best game of 08 even better than GTA IV and MGS4, so it should deserve the success, but I think Starcraft II is just too popular. You have no idea how many people love Starcraft II, and it appeals to all ages. I have been playing it since elementary school. We'll see and find out.
"
CoD3 was trash which is why CoD: WaW is expected to be terrible. It will only sell well because people won't realize it's not made by Infinity Ward. Just played CoD2 on Veteran a couple minutes ago, though, and damn the enemy AI is so cheap; I get reminded every year I play a new one.