My Top 5 Gaming Franchises.

CyleMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 7

Edited By CyleMoore

Well I have been wanting to do this for a while now but have been to lazy to do it but here it is.

1. The Legend of Zelda

Well the main reason why I love Zelda is because it was one of the first games that I ever got addicted to when I was a kid. I remember renting, yes renting, Link to the Past when I was a kid one weekend and was instantly addicted to it. When I finally got it for my birthday I couldn't stop playing it and to this day, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is my all time favorite game and my favorite Zelda game. I own every Zelda game except for Zelda's Adventure on CD-I, I own the other two and even own a Zelda watch that is a game and a Zelda Game and Watch game.

2. Mega Man

Ah yes Mega Man, the Blue Bomber, what is there not good to say about Mega Man. I remember my brother got Mega Man 1 for his birthday and laughing at the cover art. But inside that stupid box was an awesome game that I ended up playing more than my brother! I love the original series, but the X series is the best in my opinion. I would say Mega Man 2 is my favorite original series game and my favorite X series game would either be X1 or X3. X1 I have mastered that game cause I always borrowed it from my neighbor I loved it so much. But X3 was the only Mega Man game I rented over a weekend and couldn't beat so I ended up finally buying the game used in like 2002 for $60 from Funcoland and finally beat it. I own every Mega Man original series and X series game except for Mega Man 7 and Soccer.

3. Metal Gear Solid

I'm sure you can tell by my icon and pics that I love Metal Gear Solid. I'm not really a fan of Metal Gear 1 and 2 that were on the NES cause they were hard. My brother got Metal Gear 1 for the NES when he was in 6th grade and they had some thing at school where they could buy stuff so he used his fake money to buy an old NES game, I think this was around 1992. We laughed at the stupid cover like we did with every old game but the game was super hard and I never got into it. The I'm getting sleepy guy was funny. Anyways when I bought MGS on PlayStation from my friend it was really awesome and a fun game and I think that was like my sophomore year in high school so around 2000-01. Then I really never knew about MGS2 until I was a freshmen in college and borrowed it for my dorm neighbor and wow that game was awesome. I loved it and got stuck into the series, I beat the game multiple times just to figure out what the hell is going on. So after that I was hooked and have loved every game ever since. It also has a soft spot in my heart because it was a game I would always play while my late brother would watch. He loved the story but never played it, so it was our bonding time I guess. The week before he passed away I bought MGS3 Subsistence and we watched the 3 hour movie that was included with it. It was the last thing we really did together and I wish he was around to watch me play the masterpiece that is Metal Gear Solid 4, I know he would have loved it.

4. Pokémon

Yes Pokémon, I know it is kinda embarrassing but I don't really care. This was another game that my brother first bought cause he had money and I pretty much took it from him. Well we went to Wal-Mart day one and picked this up without having any clue what it was about. I mean come on a red Game Boy cartridge is a must buy! This game was awesome, I was in 8th grade and that was all I talked about and played hell I even got the Pokémon Pikachu walker for Christmas and wore it EVERYDAY to school. I was hooked and I actually caught all 151 in the first one, the only other game I caught them all in was Ruby. Red will always be my favorite but Ruby is a close second cause I spent well over 200 game hours in that game trying to catch them all and got most of my Pokémon to level 90. I did this because I always played it while I was working, I had a job at a lake so there wasn't much to do during the weekdays. I still love these games today cause it is an easy to get into RPG where I can still play while not really paying attention to it.

5. Mario

How can anyone have a list that doesn't include Mario. The Mario games are truly fun and one of the first game that I ever played in my life. I didn't have to many of the games when I was younger but my favorites are Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. I liked Super Mario World more though cause I actually owned it and could play it all the time, but these games have always been fun for me except for Mario Sunshine. Hell even in 2nd grade I would screw around and draw all sorts of different Yoshi's and give them cool names like Lava Yoshi and Rainbow Yoshi. It was also my nickname but only for the 2nd grade.  Anyways with recently beating Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy a year or so ago these games are still fun for me and I can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Well there is my list you can agree or disagree with any of them and if you want you can tell me your favorite gaming franchises.

CyleMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By CyleMoore

Well I have been wanting to do this for a while now but have been to lazy to do it but here it is.

1. The Legend of Zelda

Well the main reason why I love Zelda is because it was one of the first games that I ever got addicted to when I was a kid. I remember renting, yes renting, Link to the Past when I was a kid one weekend and was instantly addicted to it. When I finally got it for my birthday I couldn't stop playing it and to this day, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is my all time favorite game and my favorite Zelda game. I own every Zelda game except for Zelda's Adventure on CD-I, I own the other two and even own a Zelda watch that is a game and a Zelda Game and Watch game.

2. Mega Man

Ah yes Mega Man, the Blue Bomber, what is there not good to say about Mega Man. I remember my brother got Mega Man 1 for his birthday and laughing at the cover art. But inside that stupid box was an awesome game that I ended up playing more than my brother! I love the original series, but the X series is the best in my opinion. I would say Mega Man 2 is my favorite original series game and my favorite X series game would either be X1 or X3. X1 I have mastered that game cause I always borrowed it from my neighbor I loved it so much. But X3 was the only Mega Man game I rented over a weekend and couldn't beat so I ended up finally buying the game used in like 2002 for $60 from Funcoland and finally beat it. I own every Mega Man original series and X series game except for Mega Man 7 and Soccer.

3. Metal Gear Solid

I'm sure you can tell by my icon and pics that I love Metal Gear Solid. I'm not really a fan of Metal Gear 1 and 2 that were on the NES cause they were hard. My brother got Metal Gear 1 for the NES when he was in 6th grade and they had some thing at school where they could buy stuff so he used his fake money to buy an old NES game, I think this was around 1992. We laughed at the stupid cover like we did with every old game but the game was super hard and I never got into it. The I'm getting sleepy guy was funny. Anyways when I bought MGS on PlayStation from my friend it was really awesome and a fun game and I think that was like my sophomore year in high school so around 2000-01. Then I really never knew about MGS2 until I was a freshmen in college and borrowed it for my dorm neighbor and wow that game was awesome. I loved it and got stuck into the series, I beat the game multiple times just to figure out what the hell is going on. So after that I was hooked and have loved every game ever since. It also has a soft spot in my heart because it was a game I would always play while my late brother would watch. He loved the story but never played it, so it was our bonding time I guess. The week before he passed away I bought MGS3 Subsistence and we watched the 3 hour movie that was included with it. It was the last thing we really did together and I wish he was around to watch me play the masterpiece that is Metal Gear Solid 4, I know he would have loved it.

4. Pokémon

Yes Pokémon, I know it is kinda embarrassing but I don't really care. This was another game that my brother first bought cause he had money and I pretty much took it from him. Well we went to Wal-Mart day one and picked this up without having any clue what it was about. I mean come on a red Game Boy cartridge is a must buy! This game was awesome, I was in 8th grade and that was all I talked about and played hell I even got the Pokémon Pikachu walker for Christmas and wore it EVERYDAY to school. I was hooked and I actually caught all 151 in the first one, the only other game I caught them all in was Ruby. Red will always be my favorite but Ruby is a close second cause I spent well over 200 game hours in that game trying to catch them all and got most of my Pokémon to level 90. I did this because I always played it while I was working, I had a job at a lake so there wasn't much to do during the weekdays. I still love these games today cause it is an easy to get into RPG where I can still play while not really paying attention to it.

5. Mario

How can anyone have a list that doesn't include Mario. The Mario games are truly fun and one of the first game that I ever played in my life. I didn't have to many of the games when I was younger but my favorites are Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. I liked Super Mario World more though cause I actually owned it and could play it all the time, but these games have always been fun for me except for Mario Sunshine. Hell even in 2nd grade I would screw around and draw all sorts of different Yoshi's and give them cool names like Lava Yoshi and Rainbow Yoshi. It was also my nickname but only for the 2nd grade.  Anyways with recently beating Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy a year or so ago these games are still fun for me and I can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Well there is my list you can agree or disagree with any of them and if you want you can tell me your favorite gaming franchises.