My Wii U revelation.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

So I bought a Wii U over the weekend and while the first night it gave me a very negative impression, I have to say, my experience with it is really growing more positive. I just had a moment where I decided to use the gamepad as the sudo handheld it functions as and played through a world of New Super Mario Bros. U on it and it really was amazing to me that I could basically play the whole system on this thing as well. I don't know if it's something I'll use all the time, but am I the only one that had the same, WOW, reaction to this element of the system?

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Can't wait, in about 6 hours I get to unwrap my Nintendo WiiU. Can't, fucking, wait.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

I had a similar reaction. As expected when I got my system last week (with New Super Mario Bros U) it was a slightly longer loading current gen console so I was enjoying it but not blown away by it. Then I wanted to watch a program on TV so I gave the controller only mode a try, then I took the controller-only mode to settle down in bed. Now I'm flitting between Controller-only and TV through the day.

For as long as the WiiU is 'current' then in single player games, that have the same features, the Controller-only mode will be a big selling point.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@Pazy: I was more so wanting to give the whole idea a try. I am not sure if I will play it like this for an extensive period of time, but as a new owner of this system, I'm in that "I want to put every facet of this system to the test" mode right now. I still can't stress enough, while I think the system has some problems that need to be fixed, I am really amazed that my opinion is coming around on it. The first night I was feeling buyers remorse pretty well. Then again, those initial updates and load times did kill the fun some.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

Well..problem is that's the only game that works fully on the gamepad. Right? I don't think NintendoLand does and ZombiU certainly doesn't. Sonic Racing game (which I also have) doesn't work either. It just shows some lame map of the track on the gamepad screen while you play.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Would you say you had a... Nintendo Revolution?

...heh.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Seems like the kind of thing to be really cool at first, and slowly become a thing you use occasionally ad probably less and less as more and more games say "nah son."

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@handlas said:

Well..problem is that's the only game that works fully on the gamepad. Right? I don't think NintendoLand does and ZombiU certainly doesn't. Sonic Racing game (which I also have) doesn't work either. It just shows some lame map of the track on the gamepad screen while you play.

Black Ops 2 works on just the gamepad. You can even play online while on the gamepad too.