Need An RPG

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Druminator

What is your guy's favorite RPG to come out this year? I'm looking for something to hold me over until Skyrim comes out. I was thinking about Dark Souls but I doubt I'll even scratch the surface of that one before then. Should I just save my sudden RPG itch for Skyrim? I'm growing very tired of shooters and could use a change.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Commisar123

This year it has to be DA II, though I don't really like that game very much. I would really encourage you to play Persona 4 if you have not yet.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By peacebrother

Skyrim will taste that much sweeter if you wait. I'm gonna give it my "Official Advance Game of the Year"** right now.

**Official Advance Game of the Year award not official, or advanced, in any capacity

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By matthias2437

The Witcher 2 is fantastic. Dragon Age: Origins came out a few years ago now but still an amazing game if you haven't played.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Skyrim is GOTY easily. Definitely the best RPG to come out this year, although Witcher 2 isn't bad either.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TobbRobb

Witcher 2 my boy. Good for 2 playthroughs at 40h each.

I've been "re"playing BGII for a little while, that is still awesome. Play on novice as a fighter and even new people should be okay.

ABritishNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ABritishNerd

@Druminator said:

Should I just save my sudden RPG itch for Skyrim?

Definitely. It will make finally getting your hands on it 1000x more awesome.

SKYRIM!

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Azteck

My guy's favorite RPG? I'm sorry, I'm not in a relationship.

My fav RPG from this year is probably The Witcher 2 so far

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zelyre

BAH! I read the OP and got so excited about making some sort of "I'm straight and don't have a guy" joke that I shoved a banger in my mouth before I began typing only to find someone beat me to the punch.

Witcher 2. Hands down.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Trails in the Sky.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Dragon Age 2.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Still_I_Cry

What about

Deathspank?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I need your rocket launcher!

I need your shotgun!

I need an herb!

You will GIVE ME an egg!

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

No offence to TC, I think Skyrim is like to be a great game, and I am looking forward to it. What I, however, have difficulty swallowing is people saying "Skyrim is the best game, this year." Have they played Skyrim? Have they seen more than the 30 minute demo we've all seen? Rhetorical questions, ftw.

No doubt it'll be a great game, just like Oblivion, but for the love of all that is holy, the game is not out. It is not the best because it IS not yet a finished game. Nobody knows if it'll be that great, we can just predict and hope. Might be compeltely bug-ridden, might just be Oblivion, all over again. To be fair, they've barely made any drastic changes to the game. Morrowind to Oblivion was a complete rework of the gameplay. Oblivion to Skyrim is just tweaking. There are plenty of fantastic games that came out this year, yet it seems people forget about them entirely because they're creating some kind of utopian game that will answer all their needs. And right now, it just happens to be Skyrim. Next year, it'll probably be Diablo 3. Last year, I think it was Starcraft. (Seriously, though, that was one good one.)

As for your original questions, TC, great RPGs? The Witcher 2 is by far the best RPG I've played since Dragon Age: Origins, which in turn was the best RPG I'd played in a long time. A fantastic game worth checking out, and experiencing. It's unique and utterly awesome, and it's got one thing Skyrim doesn't. BOOBS! That's right.

Also, duders, check out "Dark Souls", because.. Boobs.

Edit: Also a good RPG (kinda..') Deus Ex: Human Revolution, great game. But no boobs I know of.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Marz

Witcher 2 for a more focused story and memorable RPG. 
Dark Souls If you want a challenge.
SKyrim if you just want to explore an open world RPG because that's what Elder Scrolls does best.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Hizang

Pokemon Black/White.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By endaround

If you are including JRPGS, Trails in the Sky is very, very good. Its still very much a JRPG (its actually an older game finally ported over). Ever wish that JRPGs would combine a JRPG overworld with a SRPG battle system? This does. Now the battles are on tehe easy side and there aren't elevation differences but the battles are still more than sitting in a line hitting attack.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By AlexW00d

The Witcher 2.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Huey2k2

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Skyrim is GOTY easily. Definitely the best RPG to come out this year, although Witcher 2 isn't bad either.

SOME GAME I HAVE NEVER PLAYED BEFORE IS GOTY

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Maluvin

I'm in the middle of the The Witcher 2. It is fantastic now that I've gotten past my normal tendency to horde potions and items rather than actually use them. XD

nasekas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nasekas

@Maluvin said:

I'm in the middle of the The Witcher 2. It is fantastic now that I've gotten past my normal tendency to horde potions and items rather than actually use them. XD

I'm having that same issue playing through the original Witcher right now and recall finishing Fallout 3 with a handful of mini-nukes that I never even used. Certainly makes it more challenging but you end up missing out on some fun.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TorMasturba

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Sure it'll be good but you may be jumping the gun by typing about the game like it's already been released and is already proven to be excellent.

Don't get me wrong, I reckon I'll really love Skyrim too but slow down a bit.

Also, Withcer 2 is an excellent game, extremely intricate and well thought out, with some fantastic graphics and a lack of fear in going completely adult in it's maturity.

Let's hope Skyrim can go this far. Fallout 3 proves Bethesda can, but Skyrim is a fantasy game and when Oblivion was first released it came out as teen based upon release content. It was only due to modders finding that you can make the females topless that it became mature. Not a good enough reason to call a game mature in my mind.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Doctorchimp

Witcher 2

Dark Souls I'm sure I'll love when it comes tomorrow.