New Endurance Run Confirmed: Best Kept Secret? (Good job GB)

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Ryan confirmed at the PAX panel that there would be a new endurance run. No further details have been released. So did the PAX goers keep the secret or did I just not see any posts mentioning this? If it's the former then good job GB community. That was awesome of you. Great surprise. So the guessing game begins. What game begins the new journey? 

Edit: the confirmation at the end of the Q&A session of the 3rd PAX panel video.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'll believe when I see it. 

Also, I'm surprised there wasn't a hint of "Hey, it's gonna be a Persona game!" in your comment, which is a massive relief given what Atlus has been announcing recently. As for the new ER, I've honestly no idea. Surprise me GB.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well no the people that went to PAX posted it...  on a thread somewhere

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Yeah it was posted in the thread talking about how the GB panel was disappointing.  

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Well No, someone mentioned it in a thread somewhere. Other people confirmed it in said thread.   This thread.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Phished0ne

What everyone doesn't know: the new endurance run will be for subscribers only. 

=P

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar
@Phished0ne said:
What everyone doesn't know: the new endurance run will be for subscribers only.  =P
I'm fine with that. Maybe just maybe, it'll give us some incentive to subscribe. I just hope they have a 5 minute demo version or something so the unpaid people can have something to be jealous about. 
Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Mahonay

Considering the amount of time an Endurance Run takes I am okay with it being a subscriber only feature. I as well think it would be a good incentive to bring on new subscribers.

(I am subscriber myself, so...all of that was pretty bias)

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Milkman

I can't imagine what they're going to do but I have faith they'll make it entertaining. I can pretty much guarantee that it won't involve Jeff because he still seems pretty against the idea.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I've been on the subscribing fence for ages since getting a job and actually having the money to subscribe, so a new endurance run would probably be the tipping point for me, regardless if it was subscriber only or not. The Perrsona endurance run is what made me a fan of the site, and the Deadly Premonition ER was hilarious. I want more!

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Phished0ne

Donno, if they did make it sub only, it would seem kinda shitty to me.  The main reason i kept coming to GB was the Endurance Run( i have little to no use for a review site as i rent games and decide on my own if i want to buy them)..now i'd have to pay for it?.....  It was just something i thought of because of how they were talking about "changing the idea of what memberships give  you" .  Then at the end of the segment spilled the beans about the ER.  I also thought it was funny because everyone in this thread so far had been non-subs. 

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jerseyscum

@StaticFalconar said:

@Phished0ne said:
What everyone doesn't know: the new endurance run will be for subscribers only. =P
I'm fine with that. Maybe just maybe, it'll give us some incentive to subscribe. I just hope they have a 5 minute demo version or something so the unpaid people can have something to be jealous about.

Good thing I just signed up.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dany

@H2Oyea: It was posted on the boards after the panel ended :P

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By darkstorn

The new Deus Ex is a solid option for an ER...

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Phished0ne said:
What everyone doesn't know: the new endurance run will be for subscribers only.  =P
fuck, this is going to force me to sign up....  and oh my Jesus, Shock G! 
fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By fobwashed

old is old. This was leaked by a Chinese manufacturing plant two weeks ago. You can find the DRM free version on any respectable torrent site.

Oh and spoiler, Team Brad/Klepek self destruct 13 episodes in when Brad's Mega Thumb, during a 30 minute death spiral, gets lodged irremovably in Patrick's right ear. Team Vinnie/Jeff also don't finish as Vinnie turned their episodes into what amounts to a book on video and repeatedly put Jeff to sleep reading the prequel books aloud. Team Ryan/Rorie take it home in style playing in an unorthodoxed style, each manning a single stick whilst holding hands.

Bravo to GB for another fantastic Endurance Run, can't wait till they do it again next year!

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Grissefar

Woo I can't wait for more Endurance Run. I hope VInny will get to drive, or maybe he should be the wingman rather, that would be awesome. Maybe his co-driver is Ryan, in which case it would become the siccckest Endurance Run yet. Those two are just like bread and butter.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Darkstorn said:

no dude you don't understand the point of the ER

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fobwashed

@hedfone said:

@Darkstorn said:

So far it seems like the main requirement is that the game is loooong. And maybe quirky? I actually enjoyed Deadly Premonition and the story was great. Well. . . good enough. I wonder if Japan is also a theme they'll be sticking to. Some, not popular JRPG again?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Rhaknar

a sub only ER would make sense, and im not even a sub (would i reconsider? maybe). What i always thought was weird and even downright annoyed me was how dismissive and sometimes just mean about a new ER they were all this time, knowing it was one of the most requested features of the audience, especially when the subs started... if your paying audience wants a feature youve done in the past, maybe dont be so dismissive about it? But anyway, im glad that its coming back, and if it turns out being sub only, ill have no problem with that (unlike a lot of people probably, but thats the internet)

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NathHaw

@Fobwashed said:

@hedfone said:

@Darkstorn said:

So far it seems like the main requirement is that the game is loooong. And maybe quirky? I actually enjoyed Deadly Premonition and the story was great. Well. . . good enough. I wonder if Japan is also a theme they'll be sticking to. Some, not popular JRPG again?

I guess we have to disregard the Bad Dudes endurance run then!

I don't think it really has to be a long game. I wouldn't be that surprised if it isn't. I wonder if it's a case of somebody wanting their game to be ER'd. That would probably be the easiest choice for the GB crew. Not so much to potentially worry about. Who knows?

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By dtat

As long as it involves 2 or more of the core staff (vinny, Jeff, Brad, Ryan). I really don't want Patrick in on it. Sorry Patrick. I love your news stories.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mutha3
@hedfone said:

@Darkstorn said:

I don't think you do either.

"Hey there is a game we want to play a lot and we don't have the time for it"

^that is literally the closest thing the ER has to a "point",
fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fobwashed

@Rhaknar: Maybe they were just trying to downplay it to keep it under wraps that they were already working on it. Iono, I guess that line of thinking depends on whether or not they've already started recording eps. -_-;;

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutha3 said:
@hedfone said:

@Darkstorn said:

I don't think you do either.  "Hey there is a game we want to play a lot and we don't have the time for it"  ^that is literally the closest thing the ER has to a "point",
You're right but they've always seen that game, reviewed that game, and in Jeff's case at least, played that game multiple times. It would be kind of ridiculous to do an Endurance Run of that. They did an ER of Persona 4 because they were curious about it but didn't have much time for it on their own and thought it might be interesting. They did Deadly Premonition because it was quirky and had grassroots buzz and they, again, wouldn't play it otherwise. Those same reasons don't exist for Deus Ex so it would be kind of crazy for them to do that.
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mutha3
@Marokai: Oh, no , I'm not arguing for a Deus Ex ER, hell they've already played that game and it would be boring as shit to watch.

I just think its hilarious that people seem to think there is some kind of "Endurance Run Code"......when the entire thing was just a spur of the moment idea. Both times.
Olu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Olu

Really want a Xenoblade ER. But it's Europe only, so probably not gonna happen :(

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By InternetDotCom

You guys need to realize they need a break after the Venetian Blinds endurance run

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By ajamafalous

Was posted literally minutes after it was said at PAX.

Balex1908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Balex1908

Vinny and Dave in Skyrim - the adventures of Mordicai. 

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By harinosho

Do it. make it sub only, give me a goddamn reason to give you my money

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nail1080
@harinosho said:
how about no make it free just like the other ERs were.
harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By harinosho
@nail1080 said:
@harinosho said:
Why? Lets say they make it free. What would be the point of being a sub? status? power? HTML 5? Giving free content is all well and good, but if you give too much free stuff whats the point in paying.
babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By babblinmule

I'm no lawyer, but charging people to watch the GB guys play through a video game seems..... dodgy.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ghostiet

Something like Nier or Resonance of Fate would be great (though Nier is maybe too serious and emotional, and they'd have to finish it four times, but it does some very interesting things with the plot). Maybe the Yakuza games?

Anyway, I'm just waiting. And I hope it's not sub-only, because I can't use any of the features a subscription provides.

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BrickRoad

It's clearly going to be PSO Episodes 1 and 2 on the GameCube. Open your eyes people.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By izzygraze

They must be doing the ER soonish right? I mean why open the flood gates and make people wait a couple of months? Wouldn't it make sense to keep quiet if that were the case? I mean, the ERs don't really need any more hype. I'm hoping it'll start up very soon or at least by October.

Wolfrum_920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wolfrum_920

Im willing to bet they save the announcement of what the actual game is till, like, 10 minutes before the end of the Big Live Live Show Live 2: Live Harder, in September

Overwatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Overwatch

Great news!

And I would really like it to be free for everyone, not just for subscribers. Maybe live version for subscribers only, archived version for everyone? Or some couch "pre-show" segment for subs only? But the core Endurance Run gameplay should be for everyone.

Edit: And yeah, I hope there will be two versions like with Deadly Premonition ER. And I would like Patrick to be part of this as well.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By willin

They could do like a subscriber-advance screening thing where subscribers get to watch episodes a week in advance while regular members have to wait to see the latest episodes.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By kerse

@Balex1908 said:

God I wish. Whatever game it is I hope there is a Vinny/Jeff team, cause they are real funny together. Although a Dave/Vinny crazy pc rpg ER does sound pretty appealing.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AlexW00d

@Balex1908 said:

Oh god this idea gives me goosebumps.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By toowalrus

Hopefully it's Vinny and Brad playing through the entire Metal Gear series in chronological order (not release order).

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nail1080
@harinosho said:

@nail1080 said:

@harinosho said:
Why? Lets say they make it free. What would be the point of being a sub? status? power? HTML 5? Giving free content is all well and good, but if you give too much free stuff whats the point in paying.
It's the internet. There is no point in paying. If they want more money I'm fine with ads on the site, I don't care what the lay-out looks like, I just want fun content to watch and I do not want to pay
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lockwoodx

I'd like to see a 3D Dot Heros ER.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By williamhenry

Haven't they repeatedly said they wouldn't take existing features and put them behind a pay wall? So I can't see them making an ER subscriber only.

@nail1080 said:

@harinosho said:

@nail1080 said:

@harinosho said:
It's the internet. There is no point in paying. If they want more money I'm fine with ads on the site, I don't care what the lay-out looks like, I just want fun content to watch and I do not want to pay

I get what you're saying, but to say there is no point in paying? That doesn't add up. You want them to produce fun content but are unwillingly to help them keep the lights on. You can't expect them to last forever and produce fun stuff to watch without making any money. I don't care about what extra features I get by being a subscriber, I care about supporting Whiskey and helping them stay in business.

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By fripplebubby
@Balex1908 said:
I was thinking along these lines. That would be great, but it doesn't really follow the theme thus far. 
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#48  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Whatever it is, it won't happen 'til around February/March next year. So I hope you like playing the guessing game folks, because you'll be playing it for the next 5 or 6 months.

I doubt it'll be subscriber only though. I'm pretty sure when they first launched subscriptions they said the plan was to only add new features, not take stuff away from people. And seeing as the Endurance Run is an already existing feature, that'd be kind of a dick move on their part.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By yinstarrunner
@Ghostiet

Something like Nier or Resonance of Fate would be great (though Nier is maybe too serious and emotional, and they'd have to finish it four times, but it does some very interesting things with the plot). Maybe the Yakuza games?

Anyway, I'm just waiting. And I hope it's not sub-only, because I can't use any of the features a subscription provides.

Hell no. I love Nier, but I have ZERO desire to watch someone else play it. Boring! Never played resonance so I can't comment.

Some else said Deus Dx: HR earlier in the thread. I say the ORIGINAL Deus Ex. Im playing through it right now and its still fantastic.
Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vexxan

Max psych achived. So looking forward to this, now it's all about picking the right game.