LosDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By LosDub

this my 1st music game that i have bought since the 1st guitar hero came out 

any fellow DJ'ers here got any tips i should know to help me enjoy this game?
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By recroulette

Play it with friends, and try to get people that aren't into games to play it.

Kinda sucks going it alone.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

I'd recommend you start out on the Medium difficulty, if you haven't already.  Playing on any lower difficulties will not use, if not then completely underutilize, the crossfader and the turndial on your DJ Hero turntable.  The game has a great sense of ramping you up to more difficult songs like those by the Scratch Perverts and Daft Punk, so as long as you aren't just jumping around picking setlists of artists you like then you'll be fine.  However, like RecSpec stated above, the game is great for party scenarios, or small get-togethers if you prefer.  Not that it is necessary to have a large group of people to enjoy this game, but it definitely helps. 

You might be surprised or overwhelmed by the amount of multi-tasking you might come across in the game.  Eventually, you'll become more familiar with the turntable controller throughout the game even with a lack of trying.  Crossfading while scratching or sratching while crossfading, two things I had problems with earlier in the game are now much more easier considering the amount of time I've put into the game and that was just going through all of the setlists on Medium once.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#4  Edited By Brackynews

Likewise. I have GH1, still enjoy it, and DJ1 is my second purchase. 
Tip #1: put electrical tape on both sides of the slider groove, to limit the movement closer to the middle.
Tip #2: try a more difficult song on both inside and outside button layouts.  Faster songs need a lot of quick movements, and I found my thumb worked better for control when I switched to inside.
Everything gets better once you unlock Daft Punk.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nickux
@Brackynews said:
"Everything gets better once you unlock Daft Punk. "  

This!!!!!!!
Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#6  Edited By Brackynews
@nickux said:
" @Brackynews said:
 This!!!!!!! "
BIASED!!!!  But that's okay. :)
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269
@nickux said:
" @Brackynews said:
 This!!!!!!! "
I agree fully. Also if you have surround sound then your in for some awesomeness. 
Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Jesus
@nickux said:
" @Brackynews said:
 This!!!!!!! "
I endorse this.
LosDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By LosDub

thx all  for the pro tips will be trying this all.  

my luv for daft punk an many others drove me to this along wit its $40 price tag hehe i expect to get DJ hero2 also tho maybe after the release so i can hopefully scoop a used copy on the cheap. 

i do have surround system good ol' Onkyo 6.1 system an a set of turtle beach which i use at night when im gaming n rockin out the jams
dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By dipstick

Rewind Rewind Rewind Rewind Rewind Rewind Rewind Rewind Rewind Rewind Rewind Rewind 

Seriously, as soon as you get it, us it. You're wasting potential points by not using it.

Wibblewozzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wibblewozzer

Also, don't ignore the little twiddle knob thing that doubles your multiplier. May be rough to use from the start and it wasn't apparent to me right away why I should bother with it but once you start working on scores it's a good way for some quick boosts. Of course this only applies in the marked sections. The one online game I was able to get into I ended up winning mostly because I used the knob more than the other fellow, otherwise we were pretty even on scratching and crossfading.  A pretty good time, regardless. 

The difficulty jump looks really big between Medium to Hard to me, but if you get good at Hard moving to Expert isn't all that rough. I started and went through on Hard but went back to Medium for a couple achievement related things and was surprised at just how much easier it was in comparison whereas there's very little change in most songs from Hard to Expert aside from directional scratching. So don't get discouraged moving to Hard and don't expect another big leap in difficulty after that.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hot_Karl
@Wibblewozzer said:
"   The difficulty jump looks really big between Medium to Hard to me, but if you get good at Hard moving to Expert isn't all that rough. I started and went through on Hard but went back to Medium for a couple achievement related things and was surprised at just how much easier it was in comparison whereas there's very little change in most songs from Hard to Expert aside from directional scratching. So don't get discouraged moving to Hard and don't expect another big leap in difficulty after that. "
This is true. For people who are experts at rhythm games, you'd definitely be able to get your feet wet by just jumping into "hard" immediately. Otherwise, just start out with Medium, practice practice practice and eventually you'll get to Hard (and after that, Expert isn't all that much a stretch). 

Also, "Paper Planes v. Eric B is President" is the best song in the game. REAL TALK