Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bcooper21

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2015/0120.html

TL;DR:

• "Club Nintendo members in the United States and Canada can earn additional Coins through the end of March, and can redeem those Coins through the end of June."
  • "Nintendo of America will be announcing a new customer loyalty program at a later date."
  • "Nintendo will add a number of physical reward options for members in February."
  • "As a gift to Club Nintendo members, the Flipnote Studio 3D software will be available to download for free in February."
  • "Flipnote Studio 3D will be available to Club Nintendo members until June 30."
  • "The ability to create a new Club Nintendo account will end on March 31. All users who register to Club Nintendo before registration closes will be eligible to receive Flipnote Studio 3D."

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Doesn't bother me as an Australian. The rewards over here were absolute garbage.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaaaahhhhh

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well that’s a shame I'm guessing it be the end for the EU side as well, to be honest as of late nothing in the star catalogue seems worth it I spent all my coins a few weeks ago on two 3DS XL cases. Hopefully the new programme will end up being a bit more useful.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Kinda sucks. Most of their rewards for Europeans suck, but every so often you'll get something that's very cool like the Mario 3D World OST and stuff.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Well that is shitty. I never did get those Hanafuda cards while they were around. Those are the things I always wanted.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sad to see it go, but most of the rewards were really lame anyway.

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By matt_f606

It was a strangely complicated loyalty scheme. Glad I just spent all my points on 4 Mario golf balls!

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Where am I going to get my keycords now?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I have so many points...and nothing to spend them on. -.-

Hopefully the new service will be better. Something like the WiiU Premium service would be pretty awesome.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that’s a shame I'm guessing it be the end for the EU side as well,

All 3 club nintendo regions are closing, Europe, Japan, and America.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

It's definitely a bummer, especially since I just got back into buying Nintendo stuff in a big way last year. Oh well. Hopefully I'll be able to get something good, I have almost 700 Club Coins.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it's easier to shut down than put out good games for coins.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awww this sucks. Guess my chances of getting those hanafuda cards are pretty low now.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no suprise really. they havent really took much pride in the program for a couple years now.

used to be really cool. Felt so proud of myself when i finally got those hanafuda cards

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a sweet snes/famicom controller for the Wii once, but that was the only thing worth mentioning. Makes playing virtual console games way more fun.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peritus said:
@steadying said:

I got a sweet snes/famicom controller for the Wii once, but that was the only thing worth mentioning. Makes playing virtual console games way more fun.

Yup, I'm sad to see it go because although things worth spending points on were few and far between I've gotten some cool stuff - like said Wii SNES controller. Other cool things: that Luigi's Mansion 2 statue and Super Mario 3D World's Soundtrack.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BisonHero

@meatball said:

@peritus said:
@steadying said:

Yup, I'm sad to see it go because although things worth spending points on were few and far between I've gotten some cool stuff - like said Wii SNES controller. Other cool things: that Luigi's Mansion 2 statue and Super Mario 3D World's Soundtrack.

Even the Super Famicom Wii Classic Controller thing only came out in Japan, I believe (unless maybe it came out in Europe? It was never available in North America). In general, Japan got some good limited run stuff like the Super Famicom controller or the Super Mario Galaxy Sountrack, but Europe and North America never get that premium stuff.

Club Nintendo has been kind of limping along for the last year, since they discontinued most of the physical rewards about a year or so ago. Now they've just been giving away Virtual Console games that they think are good but I assume no one is buying. I've never seen Kirby's Dream Land 2 (the Game Boy classic) go up there, but boy, it feels like Kirby's Dream Land 1, Kirby's Adventure (on the NES), Kirby's Pinball Land, and Kirby's Dream Land 3 are being given away CONSTANTLY for Club Nintendo coins.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball said:

@peritus said:
@steadying said:

Even the Super Famicom Wii Classic Controller thing only came out in Japan, I believe (unless maybe it came out in Europe? It was never available in North America). In general, Japan got some good limited run stuff like the Super Famicom controller or the Super Mario Galaxy Sountrack, but Europe and North America never get that premium stuff.

Club Nintendo has been kind of limping along for the last year, since they discontinued most of the physical rewards about a year or so ago. Now they've just been giving away Virtual Console games that they think are good but I assume no one is buying. I've never seen Kirby's Dream Land 2 (the Game Boy classic) go up there, but boy, it feels like Kirby's Dream Land 1, Kirby's Adventure (on the NES), Kirby's Pinball Land, and Kirby's Dream Land 3 are being given away CONSTANTLY for Club Nintendo coins.

Europe/Australia got the SNES classic controller as well. Here in Australia Club Nintendo has always been limping along, the vast majority of the time it doesn't have anything worthwhile - particularly since we never had the software download options. Occasionally, though, something really cool would hit. Hopefully whatever new service Nintendo come up with still have that sort of stuff here and there, just with stuff you'd actually want in between. :P

I'd really love the ability to trade points earned through any Nintendo purchase towards e-shop cash, an all-encompassing version of Nintendo Network Premium would be fantastic.

stryker5889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that sucks. Guess I better find all the games I haven't registered.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Teddie

I've been saving points for like 6 years because the stuff in NZ was always garbage. I picked up a Mario hat they put on sale during Christmas last month for all of those points.

Turns out it's not even a real hat.

UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Hard to say much of value is being lost. The last good reward was that Luigi's Mansion figure anyway and the digital rewards last year were the writing on the wall. I would have liked it far more if they had been heavier on soundtracks like the Japanese counterpart, but I'm guessing the future program will probably just be the program the Wii U premium machines can enter into when they buy digital games or something like it. Seems like they want to move away from physical goods.

Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do with those 1135 coins I've got.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I've gone on there once and been excited to get anything. I got the Link Between Worlds poster set, and that was kinda neat, but I've not since found anything to spend my points on. And then last year I had the Platinum status and all I got was a download of Earthbound out of it as I wasn't interested in anything else. Yeah, great game, but not exactly what I was anticipating spending my hard-earned points on. I hope whatever new thing they get to replace it doesn't involve surveys.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samfo said:

Doesn't bother me as an Australian. The rewards over here were absolute garbage.

1000% agree with this. They only time I actually got anything worthwhile were those Skyward Sword posters that went live on the shop. Japan gets the cool stuff, we got absolutely nothing. What were the American offerings like?

Guess I should spend those points before it closes down though - I have so many cards I haven't bothered to redeem!

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only got a WII U in august, I was hoping that they would be ramping up support. Ah well, maybe there future plans will be a suitable replacement for nintendo swag.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellerphant: I am not sure if Canada and the US have the same things but there have been seem decent things but it has gotten worse in the past year or so. Right now it is just posters, 3ds game cases and a tshirt. used to be more than that, like shoelaces and stuff.

If you got over a certain amount you would be elite and would get a special present at the end of the year, before it was all pretty cool things like a mario hat, this last year it was all just free games.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By winsord

That's too bad. I actually thought this service was really cool when I was still buying Nintendo products, and the first year it was live I got a Mario hat (which actually seem to go for $30+ now) and some Zelda posters (still in the tube they came in). I'd actually intended to get one set of Mario posters and one set of Zelda posters, but some how ended up ordering two sets of the Zelda posters by mistake. The set of posters I did use I actually ended up framing, and taking a loot at them just now I remembered how much space those things actually take up, haha. Even if a lot of the time the selection of stuff for the rewards program wasn't great, it wasn't too upsetting as I just considered it a bonus for buying things I was going to buy anyway.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I never signed up for Club Nintendo so I've got a bunch of codes. Anyone want them?

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuuuuuuck.

I actually really liked Club Nintendo.

I'm that guy who wrote ridiculously honest product surveys in hopes they would quote me on the product page.

Well fuuuuuuck.

NickHyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are gping to replace it with a new service though. They're just killing what it is now.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what the new service will be like?

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy if you still have some i'll take em I have 140 coins left to be plat!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mosespippy

@wikitoups: I don't have any left but I bet I can scrape some up next time I visit my brother in law. Unlike me he's actually had a Nintendo system for more than 6 months. How many codes would get you 140 coins?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Well, that makes me feel better for spending my points on a mario 3ds case last year. Hopefully the next iteration is a little more...interesting.

sirkibble2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best thing I got from Nintendo Club is the Majora's Mask soundtrack (took almost 8 months to get to me). I'd check back every once and a while but there usually wasn't great stuff to get. Looking now, there is Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda but most people have those.

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the heads up, guess I should really start putting in the codes for the rest of me and my sisters games and register her WiiU.
I've not been a member of club nintendo long, I heard about it a couple years back and tried to join a couple times but I couldn't get the site to work then so I gave upp. Joined last year and tbh the prizes haven't been amazing, though there was an adorable Yoshi teddy I wanted.
Think I'll wait and see what physical stuff they add next month before cashing in my stars but I reckon I wont have enough for anything great so I'll probably just get nintendo points cards.