No 720p video yet?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Baillie

I tried watching some videos in HD and it wouldn't load, well maybe it was but it was taking forever. So I tried downloding HD versions of a couple of videos, and they don't appear to be HD, just standard quality. 

Just me?

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By tebbit

I haven't tried downloading any, but they either are taking forever, or are taking... almost forever.

FadedOasis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FadedOasis

They either haven't uploaded them or, in the case of older videos, they haven't converted them yet.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane
@Baillie: Depends on how old the videos are.  Dave said on the membership podcast that it will take them at least a month to finish the backlog of videos.
Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Cincaid

Remember that they just put the website up again after some downtime, and people are handling their multipasses and stuff. Expect things to go slow / not work for a couple of hours at least.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By benjaebe

Try using progressive instead of streaming on videos - I found it works a lot better. 
 Depends on the video too. I'm halfway through the Persona 4 endurance run and that's definitely not available in 720p yet.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Baillie
@CitizenKane: I tried a few of the new ones. The mobile site isn't up yet either. Probably all be ironed out by the end of the day, hopefully! :)
borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By borodin
@Baillie: The mobile site is working for me? :O
carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By carlthenimrod

Yea, so far I haven't been able to get a HD video or anything. Bummer.

Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By Spencer

I tried the PAX showfloor video and it was 640x360, compared 1280x720 (the resolution of the test WUTANG video Dave uploaded).

MonkeyGekko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MonkeyGekko
@Baillie: The mobile site is up and running, its just another URL (m.giantbomb.com). I accessed on the mobile site by logging on the regular site with my multi-pass.
Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mijati

It seemed to work fine for me, although a few of the videos weren't loading perfectly (Damn it, why can't I watch Ship Simulator Extremes in 720p?) but I put that down to the traffic load. And I looked back at the P4 Endurance run and some of the later episodes seemed to be available in HD.

For downloading in HD I had to right click -> Save Link as and it started downloading fine.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By elko84

No HD here either.  Tried downloading the HD file and while the file is different from the High quality file it doesn't appear to be HD.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#14  Edited By citizenkane
@Baillie said:
" @CitizenKane: I tried a few of the new ones. The mobile site isn't up yet either. Probably all be ironed out by the end of the day, hopefully! :) "
You expect something Mike was in complete control over to work properly on day one?  Boy, are you misguided.
Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Works fine for me.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Baillie
@DarkDude: Yeah, but is it actually HD? :/ 

@MonkeyGekko said:

" @Baillie: The mobile site is up and running, its just another URL (m.giantbomb.com). I accessed on the mobile site by logging on the regular site with my multi-pass. "

Oh, isn't it supposed to detect I'm on a mobile device and go to the mobile site automatically? 

@CitizenKane: He is top men after all.
VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By VicRattlehead
@Baillie:  nope you need to login and it changes
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Branthog

Be patient. That's a lot of fucking Ps to put together.

MonkeyGekko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MonkeyGekko
@Baillie said:
@MonkeyGekko said:

" @Baillie: The mobile site is up and running, its just another URL (m.giantbomb.com). I accessed on the mobile site by logging on the regular site with my multi-pass. "

Oh, isn't it supposed to detect I'm on a mobile device and go to the mobile site automatically?   
I thought that myself at first, but as far as I know it is exclusive to payed members only, so you have to log in first. It seems like it will detect your mobile device and launch the mobile site automatically, once you have logged in once.   
Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mijati
@Baillie:  No idea, I have terrible eye sight and the old video looked good enough to me anyway! I'm sure when the 720p videos finally work then I'll notice a difference. The 720p downloads do seem a lot bigger in filesize though (650mb for an episode of the Endurance run compared to 250mb for high before) which would indicate that it's working, at least for downloads.
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Baillie
@MonkeyGekko said:
" @Baillie said:
@MonkeyGekko said:

I thought that myself at first, but as far as I know it is exclusive to payed members only, so you have to log in first. It seems like it will detect your mobile device and launch the mobile site automatically, once you have logged in once.    "
Well, I'm logged in and when I go to giantbomb.com it doesn't change it to the mobile version. 

@DarkDude: What episode are you downloading?
Avatar image for stealthmaster86
Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By Stealthmaster86

I think it will be a few days for all the new videos to be in HD, while the older videos take a bit longer.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By HitmanAgent47

If you want to watch a few quick HD videos, they are at gametrailers for free.

piderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By piderman
@BaaG said:
" A bit odd this one.  Downloaded the PAX Showfloor video in High vs HD.   High: 101.4 MB, Res: 640 x 360 Bitrate: 1,627 HD: 227.6 MB, Res: 640 x 360 Bitrate: 3,654  So the HD video, while it has a higher bitrate than the normal High videos, is not actually HD resolution, yet.   Anyone else seeing this? "
Confirmed on my end with the latest WUoTANG (Cloak&Daggers).
s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By s-a-n-JR

I'm looking forward to seeing how the P4 ER looks in HD.