No Trine On PSN This Week

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad

For anyone waiting on the PSN release of Frozenbyte's totally excellent puzzle-platformer Trine, you will sadly have to keep waiting. Despite publisher Nobilis' claim the game would hit the PlayStation Network "by the end of July" -- which would have meant this Thursday -- a post on Frozenbyte's official forums says that won't happen, and at least offers some explanation as to why.

unfortunately, Trine isn't coming to PSN this week, and this time it's our fault as there was discovered yet another small bug which needed to be fixed. I can't tell for sure when the release is coming, as no-one really seems to know. Also, I have no idea are EU and NA releases timed diffrently. For us, not knowing is also a bit tough, but I hope it's eventually worth all the waiting.

If you're really chomping at the bit to give Trine a whirl--and you should be, because it's fantastic--you can always hit up Steam and grab the PC version. Here's why the game is so much fun. 

Thanks for the tip, Jazar
Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad

For anyone waiting on the PSN release of Frozenbyte's totally excellent puzzle-platformer Trine, you will sadly have to keep waiting. Despite publisher Nobilis' claim the game would hit the PlayStation Network "by the end of July" -- which would have meant this Thursday -- a post on Frozenbyte's official forums says that won't happen, and at least offers some explanation as to why.

unfortunately, Trine isn't coming to PSN this week, and this time it's our fault as there was discovered yet another small bug which needed to be fixed. I can't tell for sure when the release is coming, as no-one really seems to know. Also, I have no idea are EU and NA releases timed diffrently. For us, not knowing is also a bit tough, but I hope it's eventually worth all the waiting.

If you're really chomping at the bit to give Trine a whirl--and you should be, because it's fantastic--you can always hit up Steam and grab the PC version. Here's why the game is so much fun. 

Thanks for the tip, Jazar
callik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By callik

Bah, trying to hold out for the PSN release but every week that goes by makes that Steam version seem ever more tempting =/

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I smell a delay due to Fat Princess coming this week.

But..ok, whatever they want to tell us is fine, I'd rather get the princess anyway.

GrindAxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By GrindAxis

No problem. I can wait a few more weeks. I prefer a stable, delayed build.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Bigandtasty

yeah, the lack of info on an actual release date was leading up to a delay announcement

FuzzyLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FuzzyLogic

This is a shame for all you PS3 owners. This game is loads of fun, though Fat Princess might hold you guys over.

Nat3TheGreat13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Nat3TheGreat13

I'll probably get this on steam anyways, seems like it would be better with a keyboard and mouse.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By GunnBjorn
@Krakn3Dfx said:
"I smell a delay due to Fat Princess coming this week.But..ok, whatever they want to tell us is fine, I'd rather get the princess anyway."

Have patience my friends, it will eventually come over to the PS3.
As Krakn3Dfx said before, they don't want this title to overshadow Fat Princess.
Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

It's obvious sony wants to keep the reign it's had on it's network releases this past week, they've had a good week or so with shatter / wipeout HD Fury / Fat Princess all coming out. So it's only natural to maintain the focus on them for a bit longer. It's just a business thing i guess.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JoelTGM

I might just get it for PC then.

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By ht101

I wish I had a PS3 for Fat Princess because it sounds really fun and the quick look they did a few months back was awesome.  I may go and watch that now.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Crono

Wow.  I seriously can't help but wonder what is holding this game up so badly.  If it is a delay due to Fat Princess I personally am fine with that as I was already sold on both games anyway.  This just means I won't have to pick and choose which to play throughout the week, it has been decided for me.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By super_machine

Konami needs to take notice of this. A PSN castlevania in this style would be awesome.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Demyx

and I thought it was already out...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Milkman

Goddamnit!

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Griddler

Realllyy want this game.. The demo is brilliant fun, would buy it now but I can't run it well enough on my pc.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Looking forward to this, but I doubt I'd buy it if it's released soon anyway, there's so much else coming out.  I doubt I'll even bother with Fat Princess until next year.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By KamasamaK

It's delayed? There must be a hidden agenda. There's no way the developer could be telling the truth.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing through this game but I'm in no hurry since I've got other stuff to keep me busy for now.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#20  Edited By MeatSim

I am still waiting for the XBLA release, I wonder why they coudn't just get one publisher to put this game out instead of a different one for each version.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Media_Master

I can wait

Starstew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Starstew

Agreeing with Krakn3Dfx and other folks that Sony's delaying this for marketing reasons.  No big deal though, I barely have enough time to play WipEout HD Fury as it is.  I'd rather they put out a solid bug-free initial release than have to wait for patches later.

Jason_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jason_Miami
@Kamasama said:
" It's delayed? There must be a hidden agenda. There's no way the developer could be telling the truth.Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing through this game but I'm in no hurry since I've got other stuff to keep me busy for now. "
Agreed. I don't see any rationale in your Sony conspiracy theory, people. If it was Sony then someone from Sony would have come out and made some comment about it not passing licensing/certification just yet or whatever. This is the developer. I don't think Sony has that much power to force the developer to make a public excuse for a delay that Sony wants. I was planning on passing on Fat Princess for this but I guess I'll get FP now to hold me over.
Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reminds me of lost vikings

Xiemos2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Xiemos2

boooooo, oh well at least fat princess is coming out

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoOneFive

thanks for the heads up bro

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrKlorox
@Nat3TheGreat13 said:
" I'll probably get this on steam anyways, seems like it would be better with a keyboard and mouse. "
It's not. It becomes very obvious it was built for a dual stick controller once you play it. While it does support M/K, it doesn't feel as good. At least all modern console controllers can be used with a PC.
Nat3TheGreat13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Nat3TheGreat13
@MrKlorox said:
" @Nat3TheGreat13 said:
" I'll probably get this on steam anyways, seems like it would be better with a keyboard and mouse. "
It's not. It becomes very obvious it was built for a dual stick controller once you play it. While it does support M/K, it doesn't feel as good. At least all modern console controllers can be used with a PC. "
OK, thanks for that. I guess I will wait for the PS3 version then.
jonsnow007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jonsnow007

Surely it would of been easier to put a PC game onto the XBOX, I smell some Sony buggery going on here

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

DAMN! Oh well, a buggy release would be worse than no release.