On the eve of pubg FTP for you online only types share your joy/misery of single player offline-games.

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By sometingbanuble

On the eve of pubg free-too-play…Another question for the youngins. Some of you are diehard multiplayer only. Is there a game that broke you out of that lifestyle? Or is there a single player game that reaffirmed that single player is not for you. Thanks in advance for the “in lane,” responses.

As an example. You booted up Dying Light and the lack of adrenalin rush in a single player only offline games aren't for you.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I spent multiple years 'in lane' in Dota 2. That game has such great highs that it always felt worth booting it up. And sooner or later you'll pretty much automatically end up finding a group to play with, and it becomes the thing you guys do over and over.

But eventually i reached a certain level that i was satisfied with, but it wasn't like i would ever parlay that into becoming a serious Esportsman that goes out to all the tournaments. And i realized that i hardly had time for other games because everytime i would go online, the Dota group was there to play with. Assisted by an unfortunate GPU death, i pretty much stopped cold turkey from there on out and checked back on the singleplayer games i neglected during those years. Don't get me wrong, that game is still one of my favorite games ever, i just don't feel like making it 'my thing' again because it's so all consuming.

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

rawdanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I once had a work computer blow up on Christmas Eve while playing isketch with some people. After that I only drew on a sketchpad quietly to myself

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: One day i'll manage to understand how to respond to a question like : Some of you are diehard multiplayer only. Is there a game that broke you out of that lifestyle?

Today is not that day apparently.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8 chaser324  Moderator  Online

@onemanarmyy: For the record, I appreciated reading your thoughtful response. It at least seemed to me that it was on topic, but perhaps none of us can truly understand the intended purpose of one of these threads.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We are all being trained to see the question adjacent to the question within the question.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigsocrates  Online

My favorite thing about this troll (and I'm convinced it is trolling even though it's consistent and never lets the mask slip) is the fact that every single thread gets responses they don't like, they always blame it on everyone else on the forum and not their own near-gibberish questions (even though everyone else on this forum can get on topic responses) and then they keep coming back to the forum.

If I went to a restaurant and kept ordering pizza clearly and every time I ordered they would bring me linguini I would A) wonder what I was doing wrong if nobody else had this problem and B) stop going to that restaurant if I couldn't figure out how to order in a way they understood.

Not our hero. They just get angry and scream at the waitstaff that they didn't want linguini, storm out, and then return the next evening to place a new order.

Besetment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

These aren't your threads. Starting a topic doesn't make it your discussion. That's not how forums work.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Yey, i'm not a 'PC-player' so i am still allowed in Fourthline's threads :). This is wonderful news. No one drives conversations on this forum like Fourthline does, i'm just glad to jump on the bandwagon and hopefully end up in the community spotlight that way!

The funny thing is these threads keep going offtopic because it's clear that Fourthline does read & respond to everything. I'm sure he would have gotten more ontopic reactions if he just ignored my initial post if it didn't fit one of his many rules, written and unwritten. But instead, he responds to reveal his labyrinth of unwritten rules and wishes, so every thread boils down to people in the thread trying to figure out what the hell Fourthline is actually asking and if the people he wants to ask these questions to are even on this forum.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really impressed by the claim that they do not read things that are off topic.

I wanna just be able to just assert whatever at exactly the same time I'm disregarding the very idea.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Broshmosh

Imagine coming to a public forum and then demanding that only a specific type of person respond, rather than just start a discussion and see where it leads.

EDIT: Just realised we don't have to imagine it.

EDIT2: Wait, so only non-PC players were supposed to have an opinion on Jeff's and Jeff's negativity? Am I getting that right???

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Broshmosh

@efesell: Oh yeah, you're right. There's me not paying enough attention. I deserve whatever flak I get for that lol.

Bukktown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was rocket league offline that made me want to play it online

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanarmyy: This guy is Fourthline? Because that would explain a lot, i was mostly just ignoring him until now was he banned before or something?

To answer the question i'm a PC player and consoles are for losers :P.

Kyary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kyary

Look I'm not asking people to hire a copy editor for their forum posts but what is going on in here lmao

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This one actually has a specific almost-comprehensible example in the first post, so that's a huge improvement over the shocking mature games thread.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bigsocrates  Online

@eccentrix: Dying Light is not a single player offline only game though. It is playable online with up to 5 people. So I'm not sure it really helps.

"Example: You played Halo 3 and were frustrated that it had no single player campaign."

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mach_go_go_go

@sometingbanuble said:

I drive more traffic than all of you combined.

All.

Of.

Us.

COMBINED!

(Edit: I don't own a console)

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bigsocrates  Online

@mach_go_go_go: Do you know how many Community Spotlights they have been featured in? Do you? You can't even imagine the number.

They are a Big. Deal. around here. A BIG DEAL!

That's why they get to decide who gets to post in the threads they start and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ghost_cat

Games are made everyday, and some come along to switch up habits on whether or not I'm going to be invested in multiplayer-only or traditional single player. I remember I was on a long streak with nothing but Apex Legends, but some interesting single-player games like Control started coming out, and life was getting too busy to constantly practice competitive multiplayer games, so I cooled off on them.

Btw @sometingbanuble: by now there should be a pattern you are able to recognize with how you start topics, how you present yourself through comments, and how they elicit certain responses. Keep that in mind whenever you don't get the reactions you want.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates:I don't play online nearly as much anymore. I used to play a lot of...

(checks under the TV, still no console there)

...Dammit. Nevermind.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Some of you are diehard multiplayer only.

I doubt even this is true for Giant Bomb's audience.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cikame said:

@onemanarmyy: This guy is Fourthline? Because that would explain a lot, i was mostly just ignoring him until now was he banned before or something?

To answer the question i'm a PC player and consoles are for losers :P.

The arrogant attitude and inscrutable word soup writing style are exactly the same as Fourthline. Pretty sure this is his second post-Fourthline account. There was another one a few months back that had all the exact same characteristics as well.

johnlucero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a lurker so I rarely rarely post but I do read a good amount of the threads. It warms my heart to know multiple people realize this is yet again Fourthline, the arrogant and incoherent gift that keeps on giving.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers