On the Move?

pavakah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By pavakah

I want the Playstation Move and Natal to be great, new, things for games on their respective platforms, but if they are flops from a business standpoint, will we see the next generation of consoles sooner?  These companies need to sell hardware, so if they can't sell their new motion control packages, it seems logical that they would shift gears and go full throttle towards getting a new console out asap.  What do you think?

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fwylo

I think its come to the point where they've invested so much money into them there is no way that they can flop.  The Wii expanded so greatly on a basic idea.  And now Sony and Microsoft are obviously following suit but will do such great things with it.  The precision of Sony's controller, and the lack of a controller with Move, will give the opportunity for some crazy ass ideas to be made.  And you can tell from the rumors of the "slim" 360 that Microsoft isn't planning on moving on anytime soon I would say.

BUT to answer your question, I think them moving on to the next one quickly due to their motion control flopping is a possibility.  But I feel they would at least give it a chance to pick up in popularity first.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'll tell you what I think. I think research and development costs of a new console are much higher than what they are doing now. Even if they do flop, there is always software updates to be had. I want a NNXE (new new xbox experience). Already sick of the dashboard, and have been for a while. I guess i'm saying that there's plenty of things they can do to keep selling the consoles that are out now.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Elazul

That seems like a fair assumpion to make. Obviously if companies can't keep sales of existing hardware up they'll have to role out the new stuff sooner. Oh, and around here the correct term is 'Oscar Mike' thank you very much.