People who play Bad games for Achievement Points

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DriveupLife

Let me go ahead and get this off my chest. People who play videogames for achievement points, especially bad games for easy points, are worthless sacks of meat who need to step outside. 

I'm looking at you, the people who played Avatar and other really dumb games for the points to make yourselves feel good. You should really just kill yourselves.

Going for those tough to get achievements in dragon age and Modern Warfare 2 are fine, getting them are like badges to display to your friends, but what does it say about someone who played Barbie's Horse Adventure for 1000 points to add to their score? It says that they're losers. Sorry to break it to you guys.

/rant
/internettoughguy

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bobdaman18

i agree, but u should take a deep breath, u'll feel better

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Meh, i dont really care. Whatever they gotta do to help them feel better about themselves I guess
Avatar image for supersecretagenda
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SuperSecretAgenda

I believe getting the 'Bladder of Steel' achievement on Rock Band 2 is the only achievement I need.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiquidSwords

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Emilio

I used to be obsessed over achievement points, but usually only for the games I own. I was wanting to finish Crackdown's achievements, but I don't have the paid for DLC so I really gave up even trying to 1000/1000 my own games. 
It really sucks, though. It just kinda irks me that there's people out there wasting electricity and their own time on a shitty game for "achievement" points instead of actually doing something interesting. 

Or at least playing a better game. 

But in a way, I like badges/trophies/achievements and so on if they are implemented as interesting things to do in a game that you would have otherwise not done.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I agree.  But to me it's not too bad, as a big purpose of achievements to me is gaming history, and it just displays that people played Avatar and such just to boost their score.

Kibblez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Kibblez

You'd be stupid NOT to play Avatar. Full 1000 in less than 30 seconds of playing = totally worth it, no matter what anyone says!

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By cap123

wow you're tough

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By spankingaddict

i agree, play good games, even if there are no achievements...

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DystopiaX

I kind of agree with you. Yes, achievement whores are annoying, but only the ones who brag about their high scores. If they don't brag about it, i'm fine with it. I like unlocking achievements for the games i own, but i'm not going to go out of my way to get games just for the gamerscore.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Rhaknar

guess the TC hates Jeff...

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Emilio said:
" I used to be obsessed over achievement points, but usually only for the games I own. I was wanting to finish Crackdown's achievements, but I don't have the paid for DLC so I really gave up even trying to 1000/1000 my own games. It really sucks, though. It just kinda irks me that there's people out there wasting electricity and their own time on a shitty game for "achievement" points instead of actually doing something interesting.  Or at least playing a better game.  But in a way, I like badges/trophies/achievements and so on if they are implemented as interesting things to do in a game that you would have otherwise not done. "
Pretty much everything you said hit the nail on the head. I'm a big achievement whore but I draw the line at buying games I otherwise wouldn't want to play.
Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Jayzilla

Herm Edwards said, "You play to win the game!"

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Lunarbunny

Pretty sure VGCats hit the nail on the head with all of these, but especially about Gamerscore. 

No Caption Provided
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By TheHT

oh you mean achievement whores?

Tregard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tregard

It's basically the digital version of penis enlargement

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Adamantium

What if I buy a game that I thought was going to be good, then it turns out to suck the big one (I'm looking at you, Red Faction: Guerrilla)  so I just keep playing it occasionally to earn more?

It doesn't make me feel like a worthless sack of meat, just bored...

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Emilio

And to further continue my post, there was a time where I would NOT play games because they didn't have any achievements. 
Oh... how I was so young and reckless back then. 

But now I'm okay.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@DriveupLife said:
 You should really just kill yourselves.
So you want Giant Bomb to lose Jeff?
hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By hungrynun

But it hurts so goooooood.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By JJWeatherman

I don't do that. I have played some easy point sports games though, but it's because I love sports games.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By CL60

Unnecessary rage is unnecessary. Ecspecially telling people you've never met before to kill themselves over a video game.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mordukai

I have never ever played, bought, rented or borrowed a game based on how much achievements or trophies I'll get from it. 

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Fbomb

Wait, people care about gamer scores? I don't know what's worse, people padding scores, or people caring their score is lower because someone played a barbie game. I think it's the second one.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CandleJakk

I'm a semi achievement whore. I like to get the achievements in my games, but it doesn't really bother me if I can't 100% a game, as nice a thing as it is to be able to say 'I completed that game completely.' I certainly don't go off and play purposely bad games to pad out my score, only playing games I like. I also don't boast about my score as that's pathetic.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By rawrz

I dont see the big deal or why people go as crazy as to complain about people who do such things. What they choose to do with time has no impact on you. Your not the one forcing yourself to suffer through playing a bad game just to get some meaningless achievments so so what if someone else does. Thats there choice. I can understand an annoyance if someone who does so brags about it but really most dont. I see no reason to complain about other peoples choice in games they play.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

yes, people can be achievement whores. kind of reminds me of last night my friend downloaded dash of destruction to get 200 points. i also downloaded the game to get those. i only do to games that are going to be free.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Karmum
@DriveupLife said:

" Let me go ahead and get this off my chest. People who play videogames for achievement points, especially bad games for easy points, are worthless sacks of meat who need to step outside.   I'm looking at you, the people who played Avatar and other really dumb games for the points to make yourselves feel good. You should really just kill yourselves.   Going for those tough to get achievements in dragon age and Modern Warfare 2 are fine, getting them are like badges to display to your friends, but what does it say about someone who played Barbie's Horse Adventure for 1000 points to add to their score? It says that they're losers. Sorry to break it to you guys.  /rant /internettoughguy "

Wow, that was deep. Thanks dude, unfortunately your insult didn't really hurt me. You're insulting me for playing a game for five minutes to earn 1000 gamerscore? I'm sorry you broke it to me, too, guess I didn't know how much of a loser I was.

Guess I should feel ashamed because I'm going to rent Backyard Football 10 and the new CSI game. But at least I'm raising my gamerscore 2000 points! Sorry Jeff, hate to break it to you, but we're both losers for getting achievements. Darn.
Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Stray

Who's really the "worthless sack of meat who need to step outside"? Someone who games and collects points for a hobby, or some guy sitting at home on his computer getting all mad at people for what they do as their hobby in their private time...  I've played terrible games long before achievement points.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By Evilsbane

Its just for fun anyone who ever speaks the words "Well I have more achievement points than you" should be curb stomped but no if I hit a spot where good games kinda dried up I'd rent Avatar for 30 seconds to get a full 1000 points that number sitting there getting higher is why AP beat trophies any day because they make me want to play a game in a way you never would before and play games you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By luce

I agree with you but i think the whole "playing bad games for points" thing is more about scratching an itch rather than for bragging rights. 

A few of my friends do the same thing but i don't really hear them talking about it..im sure they know it's a rather loser-ish thing to admit to people.

And i'm pretty sure Jeff himself admitted to being a bad person for collecting bogus points.