Playstation Outage Effects PC Gamers

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Teleri

PSN wasn't the only thing that went down.  Sony Online Entertainment's "Station" site experienced the outage as well, and now that it's back guess what?  FREE STUFF!

"Firstly, as a Station Account holder in good standing, you will receive 45 days of game time (30 days plus 1 day for each day of the outage) added to your Station Account. This game time applies to any game you have currently or previously activated on your Station Account.

For those customers on an active paying plan, this time has been added to the end of your current billing cycle. For all other customers, your time begins upon your first login to each of the relevant games. Customers must login by 11:59 pm PST August 31, 2011 to claim the game time. "

What's the catch?  Well, all these games all still suck... 

For more info:  http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/welcomeback/
Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Teleri

Just to clarify: That's 45 free days of DCU, if you've played it.  I haven't, so I don't know if it's any good or what.  I might use this opportunity to see how the old Vangaurd guild is doing, or to remind myself how shitty SWG is again.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By buft

Sony online had their own systems hacked, im not sure its related to PSN going down, rather another attack by probably the same people.this is fairly well known now as well.

stoneman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By stoneman

SOE takes credit cards for online games, see this is why you should buy "Time" cards or "Points" instead.
moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By moelarrycurly
Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teleri
@moelarrycurly: Oops. 
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@buft said:

Sony online had their own systems hacked, im not sure its related to PSN going down, rather another attack by probably the same people.this is fairly well known now as well.

The SOE stuff was related to the PSN stuff. The data was all in the same datacentre in the same attack.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

So is this for people who just had active accounts at the time, or anyone who has ever had an account? If it's free I may reinstall DCU just to see if they changed anything since launch. My guess is not.

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Teleri
@crusader8463 said:

So is this for people who just had active accounts at the time, or anyone who has ever had an account? If it's free I may reinstall DCU just to see if they changed anything since launch. My guess is not.

" This game time applies to any game you have currently or previously activated on your Station Account. "
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By crusader8463
@Teleri said:
@crusader8463 said:

" This game time applies to any game you have currently or previously activated on your Station Account. "
Neat.
xXwindoverXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By xXwindoverXx

Get on to DCUO on PS3

Be excited to start playing again

3.5 GB patch  :_;
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

coolnes for people that play.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

So, I guess that means that I have 45 days of Star Wars Galaxies game time? Weird...

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Teleri
@xXwindoverXx: You mean to tell me you didn't expect a patch?