Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

I wish there was a version of Team America's America song, only with "Fuck no" instead of "Fuck yea."

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang
@Video_Game_King:

All those quotes make me think of that kool aid guy, he should so say that instead of "Oh Yeea!" 

And just to note I do enjoy me some Pokeman, but with the cards I have a few doson or so, just to collect of sorts
Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By weegieanawrench

Not anymore, are those things still worth money? If so, I probably have $100 worth of drawings on little paper cards.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hizang
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jack268

I bought them back when I was 7 or so. Now I just play the games instead. 

@weegieanawrench said:

" Not anymore, are those things still worth money? If so, I probably have $100 worth of drawings on little paper cards. "
Some special edition Charizard card is supposedly worth hundreds of dollars. So yeah, some of them are kind of valuable.
Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Sayishere

i used to collect them hardcore for a while, i ended up selling them all a few years back

thats not to say i dont enjoy pokemon, i still play firered from time to time

i dont like all the new pokemon games with all the new pokemon types

i just enjoy the old school pokemon for nostalgia!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hizang

151 Pokemon is enough, god soon theres gonna be thousands.
Laughlin_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Laughlin_12

I still have all my old ones. I never knew how to play though. So i'd be annoyed every time I got a fucking energy card. lol

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By zeforgotten

None of the above. 
I bought them and I still had a life then, I don't look at it as a negative thing just to be "cool" like the rest of you kids.  
"I don't like it because it's pathetic I have a life, blablablaaah, now watch me as I go play Donkey Kong because that's how mature I am" .. 

ShadowMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ShadowMountain

I think yu-gi-oh! is a superior game tbh. Just like magic the gathering I don't like having to use 'energy' cards or some variation. In yugioh each card you draw can potentially be a game changer while in pokemon or Magic the gathering there is a high chance you'll just draw an energy/forest etc card. That's why I prefer yui-gi-oh! anyway.

p.s. Pokemon card game on the Gameboy colour was pretty good though!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hizang

Don't dis Donkey Kong, he's class, just look at that tie!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By crusader8463

I collected them when I was a kid, but I never had enough for a full deck, or anyone to play with. So I mainly just collected them because they were Pokemon and I wanted anything with Pokemon on it. I played the holy fucking shit out of that Pokemon Card game for the game boy colour! Fuck god dam was that a great game.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By crusader8463
@ShadowMountain said:
" I think yu-gi-oh! is a superior game tbh. Just like magic the gathering I don't like having to use 'energy' cards or some variation. In yugioh each card you draw can potentially be a game changer while in pokemon or Magic the gathering there is a high chance you'll just draw an energy/forest etc card. That's why I prefer yui-gi-oh! anyway.  p.s. Pokemon card game on the Gameboy colour was pretty good though! "
But in magic, drawing that one extra mana card, or a mana of a certain colour depending on your deck build, can mean the difference between dieing and making a come back. If you build your deck right you will always have something to do. Can't speak for pokemon though as it's been so long I don't remember enough of the rules, but magic was my life for several years.  

I liked playing the Yu-gi-oh video games, but I never collected the cards. I was into magic when they were popular and I could only afford to feed one addiction at the time, plus no one I knew played that game. I remember watching the TV show and playing one of the games on my PC and knowing how to play the game, but never having any way to play it in real life with people. However everyday on the bus ride home from school there were these two kids who sat at the front of the bus and played Yu-gi-oh and it was a god dam nightmare to see how bad they were playing and me doing my hardest to night try and correct them every turn.
IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IBurningStar

The CCG I have ever liked is Magic. Long live U/W control!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hizang

I liked the Yugioh card game, much better card game to play, the TV show was quite good too
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I had tons of them back when I was younger and they were all the rage. I just don't have the money to pour into that stuff anymore since I have to pay stuff like bills and rent, and unfortunately my apartment doesn't accept Charizard cards as payment.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By melcene

I am so glad that most of this crap wasn't out when I was a kid.  We had baseball cards and Garbage Pail Kids cards.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HydraHam

"I used to but now i have a life" ? really? couldn't of came up with some more mature options? i collected them when i was younger and i had a life then, your comment on that could be used with video games as well.

I stopped collecting them and magic the gathering quite a long time ago (back when forest first edition was still in print) because i felt i outgrew the collectible card game scene, is it just for kids? no, plenty of adults play it and i know quite a few MTG players i just have 0 interest in spending that kind of money to play and/or collect it, if someone offered to buy my way into a MTG draft i would probably do it but other then that 0 interest in playing them, now if pokemon and MTG did a free online card game like magic the gathering online i would probably check it out but if you have to pay 4$ for a digital pack like in MTG:O i would say fuck it.

PS- Where the fuck is my pokemon MMORPG?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hizang
@Styl3s:
Its a joke, dig it :P
Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Collected them because they had cool pictures of Pokémon on them, no idea what to do with them though. I took a stack with hundreds of energy cards and scattered them across my school yard when I was 10. Boy were those kids disappointed... 

I still have hundreds of cards in my closet, maybe I'll try to sell them one day. I also have hundreds of Dragon Ball Z cards. Maybe I'm rich? Nah, I bet millions of people still have them laying around.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@Styl3s said:
"PS- Where the fuck is my pokemon MMORPG? "
Never happening.  It would be difficult for Nintendo to keep kid friendly and Pokemon gameplay itself is totally unsuitable for an MMO.  Even if it were radically changed.. would you be battling other players?  That would make it difficult to progress in the game and be very time consuming, especially for the younger audience Pokemon is aimed at.  A better idea would be just to add a hub world where you could explore around and meet with other players to trade and battle.  Which the games already have.  But it's an idea I see suggested all the time, so feel free to chime in with why you think it would work, if you want. 

As for the cards, I thought they were great back in the day.  A lot of the artwork was really awesome and the game itself was pretty good, basically a simplified version of Magic.  I think it acts as a good gateway card game into things like Magic, so that's good.  Neither really interest me these days, but I'm always critical of people who bash Pokemon for these days, for not being exactly as they remember when they liked it.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hizang

I dont care about that, just waiting for my 3D Pokemon Adventure experince
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#25  Edited By jacksukeru

I had a few before I knew how to play so I've never actually did. I later started playing Yu-Gi-Oh for a while and still have my decks. I don't meet the one guy I know that's still interested in playing, that often though so they don't get much use these days. Good times though. Frog Deck ftw.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By benpack

Oh man I had so many of these in Elementary School. This was when they first came out, and the teachers banned them from school, so some of the kids set up this black market of Pokemon trading cards. It was actually quite pathetic now that I think about it.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#27  Edited By sammo21
@Hizang:  I used to play MTG and I quickly learned that CCG are nothing more than a money waster. Pokemon might be different but with MTG they basically require to constantly buy cards, to stay competitive, and then you have to buy even more cards when the new set comes out as your cards are either "illegal" or near pointless with updated versions or better cards that do the same thing or more.  If you can get a video game version, like Duels of the Planeswalkers, then its better.  I'm not sure how similar in theory Pokemon is to this.
uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By uniform
@melcene said:

" We had baseball cards and Garbage Pail Kids cards. "

We're from a different era. I'd be pleasantly surprised to find any youth today collecting/trading baseball cards as a hobby. I adore GPKs. They're probably the last remnant of my childhood, with everything else disappearing with the passing of time. While I can't relate to the fascination for the creatures in the Pokemon universe, I can't help but respect that they have the whole game thing going on, which promotes interacting with fellow collectors. The closest thing we had were the little puzzles on the back of later series of GPKs. Interacting with other collectors was limited to trading.
Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I had all of em back when I was in 4th-5th grade all of em meaning the 150 original pokemon (did not have Mew). It was a weird competition with my classmates on who got to 150 first and hey I got lucky I guess. Probably spent like 500-700 bucks on pokemon cards back then.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By TehFlan
@sammo21 said:
" @Hizang:  I used to play MTG and I quickly learned that CCG are nothing more than a money waster. Pokemon might be different but with MTG they basically require to constantly buy cards, to stay competitive, and then you have to buy even more cards when the new set comes out as your cards are either "illegal" or near pointless with updated versions or better cards that do the same thing or more.  If you can get a video game version, like Duels of the Planeswalkers, then its better.  I'm not sure how similar in theory Pokemon is to this. "
It's pretty much the same situation with Pokemon, but there hasn't been a video game version of the card game since the Gameboy Color, which is disappointing.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hizang
@GlenTennis:
Black Market of Pokemon Cards, I can see guys in trench coats hanging out the back of the playground 
"You wanna see my Charizard"
Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Scrawnto

I played a very small amount, but it was nowhere near as interesting a game as Magic. Yu-Gi-Oh was even worse. However, some of the art on the cards was alright. Once again, though, the art is better in Magic. 

I do have some sick limited edition Japanese holographics of the Gold/Silver starters and their evolutions that my dad got through a guy he knew at work. But the game was still bogus, and I'm not a collector. I have never bought an expansion pack thingy for any TCG/CCG.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By keyhunter

I still play Magic the Gathering...

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hizang

Never got into that
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Had 'em. Sold 'em. Miss 'em.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#36  Edited By tearhead

I collected Pokemon cards when I was like ten, then stopped at eleven. Got into Yu-Gi-Oh pretty hard when I was like thirteen and then after almost two years realized that time would be better suited trying to loose my virginity.

P.S. It was...

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Faint

ive still got a pretty complete'ish collection of the original pokemon cards. maybe one day they could be worth something! lol

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#38  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

They were pretty cool when I was younger, but I think Yu-Gi-Oh is the better trading card game overall.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By recroulette

Out of all the TCGs I played, this was my favorite one to actually play. 

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kjellm87

I had a pretty big collection, but sold them. 
Never understood how to play with them

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I still got em somewhere, I used to collect them.

But like all things pokemon, I stopped caring after the 3rd generation got released.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jack268
@TaliciaDragonsong: I was like that too, but I recently got interest back in pokemon. Gen 3 and 4 are really not that bad. They are much better balanced, and with 4 you got wifi battles and stuff. Some of the designs are pure idiocy but meh, it's still pokémon. 

Not trying to convert you back or anything, just saying it's probably not as bad as you think.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By MysteriousBob

I did when I was 10. I out grew them when I turned 11.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Jack268: 
Not saying its bad, just saying I lost interest.
The 'new' beasties don't tickle my fancy as the old ones did, I played all the pokemon rpg's except the last DS one and the new black/white one but I did like the core game itself, the pokemon really feel uninspired, simple and look too much like either real animals or too little like the fantasy beasts you'd love.

Still planning on getting a DS for the new games, my old DS died.
But I also want a PSP (yes, blasphemy in my case) so I can play Monster Hunter!
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hizang

Its the artwork of the cards that draw me them, did anybody ever get the Mew promo gold card?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By toowalrus

A few months ago I started buying the original set of cards, one at a time. I put them in the same binder I used to have as a kid, and now it's sitting on my shelf with my xbox games. I just like having it around.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hizang
@TooWalrus:
Precisley, I'd love to have the original set and then show later generations what we grew up with
Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nasar7

I used to as a kid, I had a full deck for actually playing the card game and everything. Grew out of it long ago but I still have the cards.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Example1013

I played when the game first first came out, and collected some past that, but I haven't even looked at cards in years. I probably have at least a few bucks' worth of cards, though, what with some of those mint-condition movie special giveaways.

Magic was where it was at for the majority of my life, though. If it weren't for the cost of getting together a Standard deck for tournaments, I'd consider getting back in. Maybe someday I'll get back in on that shit with a pre-release or release tournament. Those were always the easiest way to get good cards.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By ShadowKnight508

I had 4 decks and over 400 cards back when I was 8 or 9. But I got a life and sold them to a kid at school (in 7th grade) for $60 in 2002. Might have a card or two laying around somewhere.