Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ace1pilot
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I just bought a Pokémon leaf green of eBay I mostly was looking a the E because I got a Pokémon game that was a fake and I could tell the E was wrong on those games so on this game the E is normal and I tried it in my ds to migrate Pokémon to heart gold and the game dose save the only thing that worry's me about this game is on the game chip it says Nintendo AGB-E02-30 and some on help me out here

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah sorry to say that is fake. I am an expert on Nintendo serial codes. AGB basically stand for "A Great Big (Fake)" that's the code that is used, it's kind of obscure so regular people can't guess. E02 indicates that it is leaf version (fire red is E01). while the 30 is just so hackers can tell batch numbers apart.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

As someone who did some research when buying a copy of Emerald on eBay last year, I know how you feel. I'm looking at my Leaf Green right now and my cart had AGB-E02-20. From looking at your 2 pics, it looks like the real deal. Another way to tell is if on the back on the cart you see 4 some rectangles that form a larger rectangle on the left side.

Here is another link that may help.

http://bnclark.wordpress.com/2013/07/11/psa-spotting-the-new-breed-of-fake-pokemon-leafgreen-and-firered-cartridges/

EDIT: Also some more pics would help, especially taking pics of the back and a closer one of the front that isn't blurry.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Wait, why are there fake versions of Leaf Green, but someone went to the effort of putting them in a green cartridge with the appropriate sticker and serial numbers and everything? Also, if the ROM on the cart runs fine, why does it matter (aside from the part where the guy overcharged for it by claiming it was the genuine article)?

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

@49th said:

Yeah sorry to say that is fake. I am an expert on Nintendo serial codes. AGB basically stand for "A Great Big (Fake)" that's the code that is used, it's kind of obscure so regular people can't guess. E02 indicates that it is leaf version (fire red is E01). while the 30 is just so hackers can tell batch numbers apart.

I believed you for a second... but apparently AGB does stand for something and it's "Advanced Game Boy". AGB-001 is the code for the console itself. There's actually a guide up on eBay for this specific issue.

ace1pilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have Pokémon emerald and sapphire that I got when they first came out and they both have AGB so just because it has AGB dose not make it fake

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have my legit copy here and it has the same serial code as you posted on the board. So it is likely legit. Extra things I noticed that could help you out is that on my cart pressure marked above the nintendo seal is E3 with 15A pressure marked above that. Hope that helps.