Pokemon RPG by Bethesda

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glyn

Would you like to see a pokemon rpg with online multiplayer systems made by bethesda, as the south park game they are working on looks quite good.

This could either be for the current gen consoles or "next gen". I just really want someone to put effort into a pokemon game, to see if it can actually ever become anything decent.

As I think the pokemon games are quite complex and have alot of potential

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Gargantuan

Nope, never liked Pokemon. They should release Dawnguard on PC instead.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

What so it would be exclusive to nintendo? How about finishing up the Skyrim DLC and getting to work on Fallout 4

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By davidwitten22

It would never happen and I think other companies could do it better, but I'd like to see a Pokemon RPG by any company if it was released on a platform I own.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By coakroach

Pretty sure it's Obsidian making the South Park RPG, not Bethesda.

I do love the idea of a giant open world Pokemon game though, one that was mainly wilderness with maybe a Journey-esque level of random online interaction.

Actually maybe Dark Souls would be a better fit, it'd be pretty crazy if you were low on health and items in some giant ice cave looking for Articuno only to get dragged into a tense fight with a player affiliated with Team Rocket.

At the same time though Pokemon has become something completely foreign to me at this point (cant say I care for many of the designs post-Ruby and Sapphire), and their probably isn't much of an incentive for Nintendo to make anything more than the standard two colour releases and some cash-in spinoff games.

But now my imagination is going bananas with awesome Pokemon game ideas, so thanks OP.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I would love a open world Pokemon RPG. Bethesda are not the ones I would want doing it. Why not intelligent systems in collaboration with gamefreak.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By nintendoeats

Obsidian is making the South Park game.

and yes I would play that, but it will never happen so who gives two halves of a racist?

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I would play the shit out of that!

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By laserbolts

I think Pokemon is stupid so no thank you.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SexyToad

That will be pretty awesome but like other people have said they need to release dawnguard for the pc skyrim and start doing fallout 4.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dixavd

No, Bathesda would make a bad pokemon game.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By DeF

I don't think that would turn into what you think it would...

Also, Bethesda has nothing to do with the South Park RPG

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Welp, this thread went badly.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Jimbo

Maybe not Bethesda, but a wicked expensive Pokemon open-world RPG has been on my 'imaginary games I'd love to play' list for years. In my imagination it's M-Rated and the Pokemon tear each other to pieces / run around on fire etc. The combat would be very similar to Dragon Age 2, with group combos / gambits etc.

Also it would only have the original Pokemon, because fuck all new pokemon.

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By glyn

@Jimbo said:

Maybe not Bethesda, but a wicked expensive Pokemon open-world RPG has been on my 'imaginary games I'd love to play' list for years. In my imagination it's M-Rated and the Pokemon tear each other to pieces / run around on fire etc. The combat would be very similar to Dragon Age 2, with group combos / gambits etc.

LOL

I want a deep look into the dark side of pokemon. When pokemon get injured, emotions running wild.How to keep them under control, is it right to capture them vs letting them run free in the wild.

Team rockets evil antics. If a pokemon evolves, how does that make the trainer feel.

The darkness and eery feelings, when you are travelling alone, wondering around deep scary forests, miles from anywhere, with lots of food starved monsters lurking in the shadows, ready to pounce on you at any moment. And you only have a couple of piece of bread and ice heal in your backpack,.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

If Obsidian made it, sure.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

No, because fuck Pokemon.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By ArtisanBreads

No thanks to them making a version of Pokemon itself. However, the ideas of monster collecting in an RPG that are at the core of Pokemon could be quite cool.

However, I'm not sure how this formula would work in a Bethesda style open world or if that's the best way to take it. I think a more complex take in a SRPG format would be cool. Something like Final Fantasy Tactics would work well but I would love something like Jagged Alliance or X-Com. That would be cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Hey guys I think Rockstar should make an open world Donkey Kong Country game
Hey guys I think Epic should make a 3rd Person cover based shooter Metroid game
Hey guys I think Grasshopper Studios should make a Kirby game.

Actually that third one sound pretty fucking awesome.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Tylea002

I'd rather have an amazing, original Digimon RPG, for kids who grew up on that show but are now getting up there, age wise.

It would kick a Pokemon RPG's ass. D>P you guys.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mighty

I wouldn't necessarily petition for it, but if it was made I'd buy it for sure.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Sooty

Bethesda games always have bad combat so I will pass on this.

and yes I am implying that Pokemon has better combat than Skyrim.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hunter5024

No. Bethesda's the last big developer I would want to see take a crack at that game.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By butano

@glyn said:

@Jimbo said:

LOL

I want a deep look into the dark side of pokemon. When pokemon get injured, emotions running wild.How to keep them under control, is it right to capture them vs letting them run free in the wild.

Team rockets evil antics. If a pokemon evolves, how does that make the trainer feel.

The darkness and eery feelings, when you are travelling alone, wondering around deep scary forests, miles from anywhere, with lots of food starved monsters lurking in the shadows, ready to pounce on you at any moment. And you only have a couple of piece of bread and ice heal in your backpack,.

Clearly, this can only be made by Peter Molyneux.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pyrodactyl

The important thing is: nintendo is to far stuck up their own ass to have great ideas like a grand pokemon game on WiiU.

Also, they don't have the manpower to pull it off.

Outsourcing it would be great but I don't think they could find a company with enough talent.

Finnaly, I'm sure their stupide mentality is something like: pokemon is an experience meant to be enjoyed on the go and the social aspect that portable consoles provide is integral to the pokemon franchise.

Nintendo, a company sitting on 4 or 5 gold mines but still loosing money on pointless hardware R&D

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dixavd

@pyrodactyl: Yes, because going into a thread about Pokemon with a Green name will definitely make people agree with you and see how bad Nintendo is...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#27  Edited By Hailinel

@glyn said:

Would you like to see a pokemon rpg with online multiplayer systems made by bethesda, as the south park game they are working on looks quite good.

This could either be for the current gen consoles or "next gen". I just really want someone to put effort into a pokemon game, to see if it can actually ever become anything decent.

As I think the pokemon games are quite complex and have alot of potential

Bethesda has yet to prove that they can accomplish an online multiplayer RPG that is of any quality. Also, Obsidian is the company working on the South Park game.

And I can't imagine what Bethesda would actually be able to add to a Pokemon game. As others have noted, the combat in Pokemon is actually better than the combat in any Bethesda game. In any case, your idea doesn't have enough behind it. Pokemon Conquest, as bizarre as the premise is, works because it took a solid idea and executed on it in a way in which a Pokemon game has never been designed before. What would the player actually accomplish in a Bethesda Pokemon game?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jimbo

@Butano said:

@glyn said:

@Jimbo said:

LOL

Clearly, this can only be made by Peter Molyneux.

Poor Ponyta has broken his fetlock: will you do the humane thing and put him out of his misery with the Euthanasia Pokeball, or just leave him for the Eevees?

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By TehFlan

If someone other than Game Freak is going to be making a Pokemon RPG, I want it to be a studio that knows how to make good combat systems. Bethesda is the last studio I would give it to. I'd be interested to see what an Intelligent Systems Pokemon game looks like, though. Someone else mentioned that, and made me think of a "Paper Pokemon" aesthetic, which would be cute as hell.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ajamafalous

Absolutely not. 

Also, I like Pokemon, so take that for what it's worth.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31  Edited By JasonR86

God no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'd like a racing developer to make a 3rd person shooter with James Bond in it.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By samfo

it wouldnt work for multiple reasons. but basically. battles would suck.

Its almost like a giant game of rock paper scissors

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zleunamme

That is never going to happen.