Avatar image for roarkindustries
RoarkIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RoarkIndustries

Can't seem to find a related post but does anyone know if and when PS3 Trophy integration will be brought back for the GBomb Achievement section of the site?

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Griddler

When Sony stop dicking around.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

When Sony opens up their API publicly and allows sites or services like Giant Bomb's achievement system to extract, update and store the Trophy data. In short when Sony get their act together we can all synch up our PSN ID's and show off our Trophies!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

I dunno know why they're not keen to do it. I mean, it must be a simple thing for them to implement and maintain; and given that they have the official Playstation websites running with the data, it must be practically set up as is.

At the end of the day, the API will lead to people making Facebook apps, trophy card signature images, and obviously the features here at GiantBomb. All of which would basically assume free promotion for the PS3 and thus, would be worthwhile for them.

I can't get my head around why they haven't bothered, they must see how popular that functionality is with XBOX. I can only assume they have plans of developing the system further, so they want to keep control of the data.

Avatar image for roarkindustries
RoarkIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RoarkIndustries

Interesting thanks for all the info. I see some PS3 trophy information for existing titles like Uncharted 1. Was there trophy linking historically which was then pulled?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Andorski
@RoarkIndustries: Giant Bomb tried launching their trophy integration a while back.  When they ran into issues with the service (trophies not syncing correctly, trophies not showing up in their database, etc.), they contacted Sony about it.  Giant Bomb later pulled the plug on the service, citing that Sony isn't ready to have their trophy information released publicly.

@get2sammyb: I think Sony's website engineers just suck.  I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but lot of people that I have talked to on the Playstation.com forums and I get errors when trying to open our trophy pages.  I have to sign off my username and then sign back in for it to open correctly.  Then, if I ever close the browser, I have to go through the whole process again for it to work.  It's been like this for two months and it's still broken for many PSN users.  You would think that if any part of Xbox.com was broken, Microsoft would fix it ASAP.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Sorny doesn't charge for network services like XBL, so they don't have the money or motivation to open the API.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CL60

It's Sonys fault