PSN: Can a UK account play online games in the US?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Andorski

I'm about to make a guest account so my roommates can play on my PS3, but I would also like to have a UK account for those times when American PS3 owners get locked out of content while European owners get it.  So I was thinking of just killing two birds with one stone and making the guest account on my PS3 be listed in the UK.  But I was wondering if that meant when my roommates play online (say Uncharted 2, for example), will the game try to connect them with UK players (making for a laggy online game).  Does anyone know the answer to this?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By GunstarRed

I dont know for certain but I have a US account and I am in the UK  and it matched me up with people from everywhere when I was playing little big planet.
SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SamStrife

It all depends on if the game allows you to.  Most games now-a-days have global servers, where you can play in whatever region you want to, or they're already merged into one big server.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By danielkempster

...There's content that Europeans get before Americans on the PlayStation Network? This is news to me.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By KamasamaK
@dankempster said:
" ...There's content that Europeans get before Americans on the PlayStation Network? This is news to me. "
Trine has been out there for a few weeks, and that's just the most recent example that comes to mind. They also tend to get their Store update earlier, but that's negligible I suppose.