Quick video game soundtrack question

jbick89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What is the old game that has come up on streams a few times, that has an absolute banger of a song? I think it was on NES or an NES-era system. I believe it was a top-down shooter where you play as an army dude. I don't think it's Jackal or Ikari Warriors but it's kinda similar to those. Any ideas?

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bionic Commando for the NES?

In the linked video a top down level appears after 6 seconds for music reference.

Loading Video...

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny mentioned "Power Plant" recently from Bionic Commando, he may have mentioned its remix in Rearmed which is, indeed, an absolute banger.

Loading Video...
jbick89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I don't think it's that. It's definitely a retro/chiptune soundtrack. It would have come up on a West stream like Jeff playing the Mister or something, not Beast. The song I'm thinking of was a distorted, mid-tempo head banger kind of tune. And the game almost definitely had an overhead perspective, not side scrolling.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5 fisk0  Moderator

@jbick89 said:

No, I don't think it's that. It's definitely a retro/chiptune soundtrack. It would have come up on a West stream like Jeff playing the Mister or something, not Beast. The song I'm thinking of was a distorted, mid-tempo head banger kind of tune. And the game almost definitely had an overhead perspective, not side scrolling.

The original Commando (Bionic Commando is kinda related to that game too)? Jeff plays the C64 version at the start of almost every MiSTer stream.

Loading Video...

jbick89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: Yeah, that's it! Thanks!