Rage Quitting?

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mrfizzy

Was wondering if anyone here rage quits. If so, how much does it take to make you rage quit?  
For me, i can only attempt a specific mission 3-4 times before i have to take a break. 

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By lucas_kelly

Usually if I get killed a whole lot or one person is dominating everyone on online games I will rage quit. If single player games frustrate me enough I'll quit and come back later.

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sprizmo

90% of the time when I give a game a break and come back I easily overcome what was frustrating me. Its a good policy.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I ragequitted while playing L4D2 Scavenge mode today. Buncha 14 year olds throwing out 'I fucked your mom in the throat Jew' type insults nonstop...

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Seedofpower
@Sprizmo said:
" 90% of the time when I give a game a break and come back I easily overcome what was frustrating me. Its a good policy. "
Yes, yes it is. A clear mind thinks better.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoelTGM

/ragequit in Quake Live

taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By taccyp

I'll ragequit if there are dicks in the server.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Edin899

People rage quit on me the whole time while i'm playing streetfighter 4  
Because IM THE BEST AT STREETFIGHTER 4
NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NoXious

In multiplayer I usually rage-quit against cheaters (PC still sucks when it comes to beating cheaters) or against an insane match-up. Say you join a game and notice the entire enemy team is part of 1 clan and they decimate everyone, why the hell am I matched against that?

Singleplayer I tend to rage-quit if I keep on dieing through an unfair system, a boss that has no weakness and can only be beaten through 'exploits' is one of the things that can get under my skin. (Eff you Prototype, EFF YOU!)

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By MysteriousBob

I have a pretty iffy internet connection. I always hate it when it drops after I've died a few times because it makes me look like I've raged quit which I never do. Usually because I'm used to sucking on anything other than fighting games.

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Disengage

When I used to play NHL 09, I used to rage quit in EASHL matches because the other team would win 10-0 on 10 curve shots.

acecards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By acecards

ragequit resident evil 4 n when a i cameback to play 1week later i fount that my ps2 was dead... i bought  360 a after this so i never played it again

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By alexl86

I don't really rage quit. I'm hardly ever frustrated to the point that I actually quit the game... however, once I've achieved what I was trying to do, that incident may have colored my view on the game so much that I simply don't want to play it anymore. Happened in Halo 3, when I set it on legendary. I got through the area I was having problems with, but I just didn't want to play it after being killed all those times.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Meltac

I ragequitted a lot in Psyconauts in the Meat Circus.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Afroman269

Only time I quit is in a game of gears 1 or 2 when the host standbys like an asshole because you have no control over the game. The other time is when I join a MW2 match that is almost over,

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ghostiet

Last time in Mercs 2 and Transformers after two specific missions, when I just couldn't fucking stand how irritating and checkpoint-less they were. Of course, after returning, I've beat both of them without blinking my eye twice.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#18  Edited By citizenkane

I have only rage quit one time and it was during Modern Warfare 2 a couple of weeks ago.  It was the first I time I was playing a match other than TDM or Mercenary TDM and it was Big Team Domination.  As those who play the game know and I soon found out, nobody in Domination cares about the objectives.  They just go around boosting their K/D ratio.  I tried to go for the objectives but after 8 or so consecutive deaths and no kills by people using akimbo shotguns with Marathon and Lightweight perks just running around 100 mph shooting anything in their way.  I finally just said "Fuck this shit!" (I literally said that) and quite to go back to TDM.

I haven't been that angry while playing a video game in a long time.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kohe321

If I like the game, I can tolerate quite a bit of failure before needing to take a break. However, if the game is so-and-so, I'll usually quit easily.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@Afroman269 said:
" Only time I quit is in a game of gears 1 or 2 when the host standbys like an asshole because you have no control over the game. The other time is when I join a MW2 match that is almost over, "
Well there is the benefits of match bonuses even it might be low. I got late to a ground war match and someone on my team got the nuke, then I got a reasonable amount of points just for being there.

For single player, probably depending on how tired I am; but that's barely out of anger. Multiplayer, I don't quit; until the very end I fight.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By eroticfishcake

Already another thread on this. A bit different but same nonetheless.

denryu12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By denryu12

I only rage quit if someone is standbying! Even if im getting my ass nicely wrapped up and handed to me on a plate in street fighter 4 i'll still play out the games looking for them to get cocky, Then force feed um a couple hundred hand slaps to the face.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Crixaliz

I didn't rage quit but a funny story, once I was playing Territories in Halo. Some girl joins the other team (she makes sure that everyone in the match know shes a girl) and everyone is "OMG A GIRL?!?!", the entire match I was just chilling at the territories on my own unopposed cause the rest were all fighting/flirting over her in the middle of the map.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@CitizenKane said:
"I have only rage quit one time and it was during Modern Warfare 2 a couple of weeks ago.  It was the first I time I was playing a match other than TDM or Mercenary TDM and it was Big Team Domination.  As those who play the game know and I soon found out, nobody in Domination cares about the objectives.  They just go around boosting their K/D ratio.  I tried to go for the objectives but after 8 or so consecutive deaths and no kills by people using akimbo shotguns with Marathon and Lightweight perks just running around 100 mph shooting anything in their way.  I finally just said "Fuck this shit!" (I literally said that) and quite to go back to TDM.  I haven't been that angry while playing a video game in a long time. "

That's ANOTHER reason why the MW2 online sucks and is overrated. At least make it like Halo where you can't rank up when you don't do the objective. 

Or just do whatever the hell Killzone 2 does that makes you want to do the objective if it's the last thing you do. (I still don't understand how it makes you want to do that."
Bozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bozo

Ill rage quit if a game doesn't autosave after an hour or more of play, and then I die.  I also rage quit Veteran difficulty in Call of Duty quite frequently, but I come crawling back. 

the_messenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By the_messenger

I rage quit Killzone 2 after about 2 hours of single player.  Closest I've come to throwing a controller in a LONG time.  I was pretty embarrassed.  So glad I had just borrowed the game.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By penguindust

Never.  I always stay to the end of the match.  I suck and I know I suck so dying over and over is not uncommon for me.  I am more likely to be booted do to incompetence than quit.  That's why I like Mercenary TDMin MW2.  Every has an equal chance of scoring big from killing me repeatedly.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OmegaPirate

i rage quit from a modern warfare 2 game last night, mainly cos i got put into a team deathmatch on favela on the losing team  6800- 1200 , with 6 dudes on the opposing team and one dude on my team besides me - despite my best efforts with a silenced fal the 4 dudes running round with akimbo high level shotguns quickly made playing that particular match pointless