Ranking of Fighters show?

kronixi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Being a noob in fighting games but having a keen interest in them this show opened my eyes to alot of fighting games i wanted to try. Even if its just jason and jeff id love the return of this show.

I don't care if its jeff playing fighting games in his bedroom the series really educated myself. Any eles feel this way?? they have to science every fighting game ever made XD

Is their any news on this ?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

As a fellow bad fighting game player that likes watching fighting games, I do agree that it would be nice to see Ranking of Fighters return in some form - even if it's just Jeff and/or Jason playing solo and the other commenting.

I certainly don't blame them for taking a break with the show though. In its original format, it's very poorly suited to doing remote.

There are some YouTubers like Maximilian that help to fill in the gap for me, but I would like to see the science applied once again.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Paliv

I also am terrible at fighting games but loved this show and it’s historical edification. I would love to see some form of it, or an encyclopedia bombastica type show, in their future plans.

DrRobotnikX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Yes. Bring back the science.

They only have 10,000 games left.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bigsocrates

I love this show but I'm not sure how well it would work remotely, which is, I assume, why it's been on hiatus. Given that with the vaccines it looks like it's going to be safe for people to share spaces again, hopefully it will be coming back soon in person, even if it's in Jeff's garage rather than an official studio.

Of course the junior scientist graduated, which means they need a new intern. I think Jan would be perfect in that role. I personally would LOVE to see Jason and Jan torment Jeff with a bunch of absolutely terrible anime fighters.

And if you don't want to see Jan involved in a ranking of Pokken Tournament I don't know what to say to you. I don't know what to say.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Originally I think it was just Jeff and Jason so they would be back to the classic lineup. Ben was never a real scientist after all. I wouldn’t mind if they brought it back but I would make a change in the show structure to not linger on a single game for the entirety of the episode. One of the reasons I stopped watching when it was still going on was that sometimes the game would be a clunker and they would just stick with it way past the point where you “got it” and then some. I know the GB audience loves it’s rambling content but I actually think some of their strongest material over the years has been stuff that is either edited or doesn’t outstay it’s welcome like Crime Crew or This is the Run.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

As someone who's recently gotten into MK11 and even a bit of Dragonball FigherZ, I'd love this. I've recently developed a new level of interest and appreciation for the genre.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Having 3 people makes for better matchups when they play the games.

They did not focus on a single game for each episode (it was usually 2) but honestly I don't think you can really cut down on the length of time with each game unless you move to a heavily edited video, which they haven't been inclined to do for a long time now. You need to at least showcase the various characters, check out the story mode, see if there's a background music test etc...

I think that what you really want is fewer clunker games and...yeah some of the choices didn't make for the best content. Sometimes you'd get weird stuff in those bad old games that was a lot of fun, but some of the games were just boring. I don't know how you fix that exactly.

lKennedyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love fighting games. I love accurate, objective, fact-based, enumerated, qualitative lists.

hashtag bring back The Ranking

but don't do it remotely that shit's for squares

p.s. sonic the fighters got robbed

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@bigsocrates: What I want is as I wrote above - more games per episode and an overall leaner show, but I know the general GB audience actually prefers longer, meandering videos especially when the game turns out to be a clunker.

kronixi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kronixi

One thing i think they should try to improve on is adding name tags underneath the character they are playing (i understand this might be an annoyance for jan or someone)

Edit: if jeff is playing ryu for example put jeffs name under ryu

if jaason plays ken put jasons name under ken

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I get why the show was put on hiatus but I do miss its absence. The past like 8 years of gaming for me has been diving deep into the FGC/Smash rabbithole.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wired or GTFO.