Resident Evil 5 thoughts?

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By 02sfraser

what does everyone think of the new features that were announced at E3? personally i didnt think this game would live up to 4 due to 4 being the defining moment in the Resident Evil series and seeing this new co-op thing going on is making my assumption stronger. after seeing some gameplay of this co-op mechanic i just think its bad. i mean Resident Evil was about surviving on your own and battling through hoards of enemies not looking after some wifie with a tank top on. im sure it will come through and be a great game and they do need new ideas to keep it fresh but i just dont like the looks of it. anyone else feel the same?

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Termite

I think it won't top 4, but still be good at the same time

overkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By overkill

what new features , all i heard of was online co-op . the rest seemd like a complete copy and paste of resi 4.

squallws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By squallws

I agree with overkill, I hope they come up with new ideas.

Cardon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Cardon
02sfraser said:
"what does everyone think of the new features that were announced at E3? personally i didnt think this game would live up to 4 due to 4 being the defining moment in the Resident Evil series and seeing this new co-op thing going on is making my assumption stronger. after seeing some gameplay of this co-op mechanic i just think its bad. i mean Resident Evil was about surviving on your own and battling through hoards of enemies not looking after some wifie with a tank top on. im sure it will come through and be a great game and they do need new ideas to keep it fresh but i just dont like the looks of it. anyone else feel the same?
"
I feel the same way.  From one standpoint the game looks solid so far.  The visuals are good, combat seems to be there but I'm not digging the co-op element. Sure it'll be fun to go around with a buddy online and take out some enemies but I don't like the game having an A.I controlled action partner.  As you said it takes away from the tension of being by yourself and facing these hordes of enemies. And is anyone else bothered with how close RE5 follows the RE4 formula? By that I mean having similar enemies and core mechanics. Sure Capcom should potentially follow the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality but I would've like for some more orignality out of the game.
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BladeOfHeaven
overkill said:
"what new features , all i heard of was online co-op . the rest seemd like a complete copy and paste of resi 4. "
why fix it if its not broke?
Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hilikus

I was pretty bummed from seeing that the enemies in the gameplay videos were just faster and nicer looking versions of the ganados from RE4. The animations looked identical and they even used flaming crossbows again.

The coop is a nice addition, though the left handed perspective of Sheva looks odd to me, and I hope I will be able to change it whenever I control her.

Even if the game results in being an HD version of RE4, which has been evident from what I've seen, I suppose that just means that I'll enjoy it just as much.

overkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By overkill
BladeOfHeaven said:
"overkill said:
"what new features , all i heard of was online co-op . the rest seemd like a complete copy and paste of resi 4. "
why fix it if its not broke?
"

yeah but everything is the exact same, even the hit detection on enemies 0_o .. if they put more effort into the game i think we would of all been alot more pumped, but seeing as every1s played resi 4 over at least 3 times resi 5 just looks meh as it dosent have that same WOW appeal that resi 4 had
Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Cleric
Cardon said:
"02sfraser said:

And is anyone else bothered with how close RE5 follows the RE4 formula? By that I mean having similar enemies and core mechanics. "

I wouldn't say I'm bothered. After all, RE4 was an awesome game. There will probably be some new tweaks and moves, but nothing really innovative.

On the other hand, the co-op thing made me cringe, seriously. Some moments of the co-op demo reminded me of Army of Two...and I didn't like that game.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 02sfraser

i never said i was bothered by how closely the RE5 formula followed RE4. to be honest i think its a good thing. new enviroment and new enemies make this a fresh experiance. i just dont like this co-op feature with a AI partner. i do agree with Cleric ^^^^^ about the co-op demo

M1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By M1

I think it looks exactly like 4 and now I'm not wanting to get it.

Kwicksandz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kwicksandz

I think it looks totally awesome and online co op games are usually day 1 buys for me but..

Having played RE4 Wiii going back to analogue aiming will suck major balls. I also gave up on RE4 about 10 hours in and never went back to it, but maybe the coop of 5 will give me the drive to beat it.

tsduv21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tsduv21

Honestly, I liked what I saw. And I don't have a problem with the online Co-op either.

Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Caddy

I am loving what they showed. They didn't give everything away, I am sure, but they gave us just enough to get our teeth into. It is like RE4, but I think that is exactly what was needed. RE4 was a superb game that gave the franchies the boost it needed, RE5 would do well to continue that.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By duxup

Not a big RE fan myself I hoped they'd make some more changes to the controls.  Try as I might I can't take the tank driving for long...

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Damonation

Thats right... hate on it while you can. Talk about how this about it bugs you, or that about it is a step in the wrong direction. But as soon as that game comes out and you all play it, it'll be like playing RE4 all over again because its practically is the same game. And that is a very good thing. Everyone will fall in love all over again. Besides, this isn't the first time the series has had multiple characters in it at one time. All I know is that I love the series, loved 4, and will love 5.

InsaneBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By InsaneBomb

Its resident evil 4 with amazing graphics and co-op. thats all i got from it lol

Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pikachu

I liked every bit of the trailers that I saw, I wish that this game would come out sooner, so that I could play it already :P

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Alex_V

I just think the basic mechanics of the game look tired now - I feel like I've been playing that same game for the last 10 years or so. I'm sure the game will be satisfying to fans, but it just isn't doing anything new so I'm not that interested.

overkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By overkill
Alex_V said:
"I just think the basic mechanics of the game look tired now - I feel like I've been playing that same game for the last 10 years or so. I'm sure the game will be satisfying to fans, but it just isn't doing anything new so I'm not that interested.
"
yeah the mechanics do look tired, and as duxup said controlling the character is like controlling a tank.. they should have made the movement and shooting more fluid rather than stop aim shoot turn 90 degrees run stop turn 90 degrees run more..
SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SonicFire

I think we still have a lot of time before the full retail version is established. There's what, 8 months or so before it's slated to ship? So as all the feedback comes in, and as more testing is done, I think a lot could change. Yes I hear a lot about the fact that it looks like Resident Evil 4: HD upgrade, and maybe that's true so far. But we just learned about online co-op, and I know I've got a few buddies dying to play that game.

I'm a huge fan of RE:4. Though the game was far from scary, we can admit that it was an unprecedented experience that reinvented the 3rd person action shooter. Ok, so we've seen a lot since then, but think back on the atmosphere, and everything that made RE:4 so incredible. Taken on its own terms, I think the guys at Capcom won't disappoint us
gamenut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By gamenut101

What up G,

RE4 f*cking rock my gaming world. I got it with a cube in 05. It was the best game i had played since metal 1 on PS1.  Co-op sucks balls dude.

I am sure it will be a great game but better the 4 ?????????????????????

Games like res should stick to what works, a solid single player game. Trouble is most games are now coming out with this feature or lots of other online stuff. I like solid single player games with a really good story and i am not a fan of online play.

But this is the world we live in now! Truly a brave new world, trouble is I live in the old one!

Thanks for the invite!

Gamenut101

Tachikoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tachikoma

I really like the "on the fly" co-op play, if done right, I'll be ninja-ing into friends games.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Big_Bad_Sad

Needs proper zombies again.

Avatar image for microwavedapple
microwavedapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By microwavedapple

It reminds me a little too much of RE4, and that scares me. They should tone down the number of enemies a bit.

RabbitKarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RabbitKarrot

At the moment that game looks and plays way to much like RE4.

But RE4 is one of the best games ever made IMO, so it will likely end up being fucking incredible anyway.

Phil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Phil

RE5 is going to be the first installment that I will play!  w00t

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Blu_Magic

It looks awesome and I'm definitely going to be buying it day one.

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29  Edited By pbhawks45

I may have been the only one, and maybe it's because I played the game for the first time late in 2007, but I didn't like RE4 very much. I could not get past the fact that you were unable to walk and shoot at the same time. It doesn't look like RE5 will fix that after seeing the demo at E3.

Couple that with the fact that the story wasn't that great in my opinion, it doesn't look like I'll be getting this game.

Should I play RE4 again and give it another chance?

Bladefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bladefire

I hope for RE5 they let you strafe, standing still while aiming seems so limited now.

stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By stAtic

Only thing I don't like is that you have an A.I buddy.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By BlackWaterCO

So far, im not very moved by it

I hated RE4 because it was very slow mainly and Leon, but also the mechanics were reather stiff

I heard they are trying to vhange it though so thats cool

thutch1783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thutch1783

RE4 was the first of series I played all the way through and loved it. RE5 looks about the same gameplay wise and can't wait. And pbhawks I Fully agree about not being able to run and gun, but I did get used to it and turned out to be a very good game, and is indeed worthy of another chance.

cann3dheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34  Edited By cann3dheat

I think co-op is going to be sick. I'm looking forward to going through it with my friend.

DappaDizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DappaDizzle

and can people please stop making complaints about game featuring black zombies... in most zombie based games there white but i dont hear people complaining. get over it , the game being based in africa is great concept... 

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By RVonE

I think the limited movement while aiming adds to the tension and really makes you think on where to position yourself. Also, while I know that the realism arguement isn't really strong, I do think it is weird to strafe while still being able to hit the target. I mean, that's some difficult shit to pull of in reality. That said, I can see how the current gameplay can seem dated.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37  Edited By OGCartman

Gonna kick some serious ass

pimsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pimsy

I just hope that somone on my buddies list will take the game seriously because playing solo is ok, but its better to play with a mate

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sdodd02

it's gonna be good, just like RE4 was, just a few better things.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Blu_Magic

It looks pretty good and I definitely can't wait for the co op.

Wario54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Wario54

amazing graphics, just hope it has a good story line as well

Fearsome121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Fearsome121

Ohhhh wht capcom? Why didn't they put in some realistic death animations, the (so-called) zombies fall over in the exact same way all the time, and their limbs look sooo stupid sticking into the air like that..... This game just shows cash-cow laziness on capcoms part.... I'm still getting it tho!