Retro might be making a Star Fox racing game.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoOzak

Titled "Star Fox Grand Prix"

Apparently it will be structured like Diddy Kong Racing's adventure mode and have boss fights and a hub.

Could be alright if true. I liked Diddy Kong Racing and wish there were more racing games that had an interesting story mode. That being said I would rather Retro were working on something new or at the very least a new F-Zero game if they had to go the racing route.

Link from Eurogamer.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT
@boozak said:

Apparently it will be structured like Diddy Kong Racing's adventure mode and have boss fights and a hub.

:O :O :O :O :O

A spiritual successor to DKR with Star Fox instead, oh my god yes. That would be fucking AWESOME.

I'd love a new F-Zero for sure, but holy crap this would be great. Would be fantastic if they had a few F-Zero characters in but as anthropomorphic animals, like how James McCloud is basically Fox but human in F-Zero.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Diddy Kong Racing is up there with my favorite kart games (CTR and Sonic Transformed being the other two). So while a racing game sounds like a weird fit, that sort of inspiration with Retro behind the wheel seems like something I'd definitely get into.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Weird. Is this what people wanted Retro to work on? Oh well, it will probably be great!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Okay, I saw the thread title and thought "that sounds soooooooooooo duuuuuuuumb," but after actually reading what it supposedly is, I'm very interested now. I absolutely loved DKR, so I'm all for another game of that style. I'm pretty indifferent about the Star Fox aspect though. I never cared much for that franchise. It could be the most obscure Nintendo franchise ever as long as they still said "like DKR," I would be equally as interested as I am now.

Superharman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

I'm interested but I'll be the guy who just asks for another F-Zero...

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

DKR isn't really my jam, but Retro does have experience working on the Mario Kart franchise (they were on 7, if I remember right), so this will probably be fine.

Not really what I wanted Retro to work on, but whatever. There's always their next project.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

This sounds just weird enough to be a plausible Nintendo move.

chrispaul92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that they're making another Metroid game we F-Zero fans can now be the most tortured of Nintendo fan groups.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BisonHero

Still kinda disappointing, in the same way I'd be disappointed if somebody told me that the team who made Breath of the Wild was now working on Kirby 3DS games and Mario Kart games. But I guess we're so many years out from the original Metroid Prime trilogy that who knows what kind of games the people at that studio want to be making. I'm personally disappointed they aren't working on games that let them do cool world building like the Metroid Prime trilogy has, but I can't speak for the people at Retro; maybe they loved working on two good-but-kinda forgettable Donkey Kong games.

I mean, if they make a Star Fox racing game and it's rad AF and actually a legitimately good futuristic racing game with a cool campaign, that would be neat I guess. If it's just an F-Zero knockoff that's pretty looking but doesn't have some kind of super expansive campaign, I'd be less interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

That actually sounds fun and might be the first time the series has been fun since the N64.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah new star fo--- what?

I'll remain cautiously optimistic though. It's such an odd idea it just might be great.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a horrible depressing and terribly exciting idea.